mikamas

detailed weather app or website

Hey everyone I'm trying to find a good weather app or website that can show cloud elevation as well as other important weather information for skydiving. I tried searching the forums first to see if anyone has talked about this topic first or not but had not luck....anyone?

I use www.weather.gov

www.weather.gov -> enter my city/zip in the upper left for local weather -> scroll down to the Hourly Weather Graph on the right side near the bottom of the page.

for SNE, I get results that look like http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.39444&lon=-70.85083329999998&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

I just saved the page to my phone and use that to check the weather. Another site I use when I'm at the DZ is www.windsaloft.us. It pulls in the GPS from your phone or web browser and gives you wind conditions at that location.

I use windfinder pro. It doesn't tell you cloud altitude, but it gives hourly information, temperatures, wind speed and direction, cloud forecast (cloudy, clear, partly cloudy, rainy, snowy, etc) and precipitations. Moreover it has 2 models that predicts the forecast, so if both agree you can be more sure about the meteorological prediction. There is a free version of the app, but it has ads, just one model, and instead of hourly information it tells the forecast for every 3 hours.