brenthutch

Supply chain is up…

28 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Why aren’t prices going down?

Could it be the persistent inflation is a function of the Democrat’s money party and not supply chain issues?

Yessir, that's it for sure. No corporate price gouging, fewer chips in the bag etc. What's really crazy is how the Democrats deep state, deep fake, deep shit money party is raising prices worldwide. Sumbitch.

41 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

What's really crazy is how the Democrats deep state, deep fake, deep shit money party is raising prices worldwide. Sumbitch.

Exactly.  Under the leadership of evil mastermind Joe Biden, democratic operatives are going to Burkina Faso, Scotland and Kiribati and forcing prices higher!  Dark Brandon is screwing up the WORLD not just the US!

Also Biden is senile and can't even put two words together.  It's elder abuse to keep him in office.

To accept these two contradictory beliefs simultaneously, many republicans (such as the OP here) engage in what Orwell called "doublethink" - the process of indoctrination in which conservatives are expected to simultaneously accept two conflicting beliefs as truth, often at odds with their own memory or sense of reality.   Some other examples:

- Trump is a billionaire several times over, also Trump cannot afford a $355 million bond, and it's unfair to ask him to post that bond.
- Conservatives are for freedom, and women can't be allowed to decide for themselves whether to get an abortion or do IVF.
- Conservatives support free speech, and also want the National Guard to arrest and detain anti-Israel protesters because they should not be allowed to say that.
- Conservatives oppose cancel culture, and also want Disney, Bud Light, Taylor Swift and Colin Kaepernick cancelled.
- Conservatives are staunch patriots, and also want to support Putin's goals in Congress.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Exactly.  Under the leadership of evil mastermind Joe Biden, democratic operatives are going to Burkina Faso, Scotland and Kiribati and forcing prices higher!  Dark Brandon is screwing up the WORLD not just the US...

Fun fact:

Inflation in the US is not terribly high at the moment.

Compared to the rest of the world, we're kind of in the middle of the pack.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-says-us-inflation-among-lowest-world-he-right-1880314

(edited)
2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Fun fact:

Inflation in the US is not terribly high at the moment.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-says-us-inflation-among-lowest-world-he-right-1880314

Higher than the Euro zone and China. When you say “ well we are better than Afghanistan, Venezuela and Russia, it reveals the weakness of your position. My point, that you are all dodging, is you can no longer blame supply chain bottlenecks for inflation. 

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
5 hours ago, jakee said:

No, it couldn't.

Well educate me professor, just what is the cause of the persistent inflation the US is now experiencing?

(I’m going to guess you will go with the “greedy corporations” trope).

Edited by brenthutch

56 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Dark Brandon is doing that on purpose to fool you!  He's pulling all the strings, all over the world.  Oh, and he's senile, incompetent, demented and can't put two words together without screwing it up.

21 minutes ago, billvon said:

Dark Brandon is doing that on purpose to fool you!  He's pulling all the strings, all over the world.  Oh, and he's senile, incompetent, demented and can't put two words together without screwing it up.

Still avoiding the question 9_9

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Higher than the Euro zone and China. 

But it was lower during the peak of post covid inflation, and lower all the way through the recovery until then end of last year. So that is also the result of the Democrats' money party strategy, right? Inflation was significantly lower than it could have been because Biden's strategy worked, right? You're honest enough to accept that side of your argument, right?

Nah lol, who do you think you're kidding?

(edited)
5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Well educate me professor, just what is the cause of the persistent inflation the US is now experiencing?

(I’m going to guess you will go with the “greedy corporations” trope).

Lol, oh sorry, would it be lazy and naive to attempt to reduce the entire economic situation of a country to the result of one factor? Is that something you just decided to be opposed to in the last 6 hours? 

But since you mention it, corporate profit growth is greatly outstripping the rate of inflation. As you've said, the supply chain is getting back to normal, but then you skipped a step. Have you noticed consumer prices dropping by any great amount as a result? I doubt it. So does that mean A ) companies are still charging restricted supply chain prices in a non-restricted world and pocketing the difference because they can or B ) THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!

Edited by jakee

19 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Why aren’t prices going down?

Could it be the persistent inflation is a function of the Democrat’s money party and not supply chain issues?

Not according to the facts. But as usual facts don't matter to FOX, republicans, nor our own Brent.

The US has services as a larger component than every other country in the world in total consumer spending. Inflation has effected services more than manufacturing because services has a huge labor component with goods less so.

Little of Biden's spending involves services.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The US has services as a larger component than every other country in the world in total consumer spending. Inflation has effected services more than manufacturing because services has a huge labor component with goods less so.

Little of Biden's spending involves services.

Is this a new phenomenon? Wasn’t this the case five years ago? The Fed has done what it can through monetary policy the problem lies in fiscal policy and the Democrats profligate deficit spending.

Edited by brenthutch

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If that is all you have, it might be best you stay on the porch son.

Lol, you say that after having ignored my two other posts in this thread? It’s pretty clear who’s got nothing to offer in this conversation. 

But by all means, please keep on repeating your premise with zero evidence or reason to support it, I’m sure it’ll start sounding more convincing at some point.

Just now, jakee said:

Lol, you say that after having ignored my two other posts in this thread? It’s pretty clear who’s got nothing to offer in this conversation. 

But by all means, please keep on repeating your premise with zero evidence or reason to support it, I’m sure it’ll start sounding more convincing at some point.

I’m still waiting on the evidence of your claims 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m still waiting on the evidence of your claims 

Which claims? US inflation was lower than Eurozone during the height of the pandemic and early recovery. That’s just plain fact, son. That corporate profits have risen faster than inflation? That’s just plain fact, son. 

So when your own argument is that the supply chain costs have fallen, consumer prices haven’t and that’s not because companies have simply decided they quite like the extra profit they are actually making, but it’s really all because of THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!! Then I think the burden of proof lies with you. 

Now remind me, what evidence did you supply when you started this thread? Was it all the evidence you’ve got? I think it was.

Edited by jakee