10 hours ago, kaustik said:

Look homie, it's a tailgate aircraft eh?  It's also not just a tailgate aircraft, but a Russian tailgate aircraft.  Your training should be able to answer this question.  Spasiba.

Can probably figure something out.

Antonow_An-26_inside_Dmitry_Belov_1898.jpg

2 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

If I were in charge of preparations, repeated test jumps would be required to work out the protocols.  Probably too heavy for one pilot in the US?

If it was never type certified in the US, it can't be used at all for commercial purposes.

There are a handful of AN-2s in the US. They're all classed as 'experimental', due to no US type certification.

So no jumpy.

20 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If it was never type certified in the US, it can't be used at all for commercial purposes.

There are a handful of AN-2s in the US. They're all classed as 'experimental', due to no US type certification.

So no jumpy.

There was an An-2 based at my DZ for a number of years.  When it first arrived, the local FAA told the owner, no jumping from that aircraft.  Pinocchio told me that no one ever jumped out of that airplane here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, johnhking1 said:

There was an An-2 based at my DZ for a number of years.  When it first arrived, the local FAA told the owner, no jumping from that aircraft.  Pinocchio told me that no one ever jumped out of that airplane here.

Antonov - 2 is super cool with it's low stall speed.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:50 PM, johnhking1 said:

Way back in the day, there was a small DZ in Hebron, Illinois that had a AN-2. I made a few jumps from it.

I think there is one currently at the Camarillo CA airport for repairs.

It had an issue near Bridgeport (???) on the 395 and landed on the HWY.

They took up a truck n trailer, took the wings off and are prepping for repairs.

It did NOT crash