PixieUK

Rather more excitement than I'd planned this weekend!

Just had a very challenging skydiving weekend with way too many 'pre-seconds' achieved in 2 days!

Having not jumped since I qualified with my A licence 6 weeks ago, I was hoping for a gentle reintroduction so went for a plain solo jump. And had a mal (locked steering toggle) - so my 'pre-second' reserve ride on jump 19. Also my pre-second ride down in the plane due to adverse weather, pre-second severe line twists on my 3rd lift, then finally a relatively normal jump on my 4th lift (after 2 hours out searching for the main after the cutaway on my first lift of the day).

My beer fines were quite impressive :P

Sunday added the pre-seconds of a linked exit (we don't do coached FS jumps until after our A licence in the UK) and jumping my first (supervised) pack job so I figured that was probably enough excitement for one weekend, lol.

Had an absolutely awesome weekend, with some fantastic CH2 coaching and have improved my landing skills already, so actually went home feeling very enthusiastic for a change B|
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

Di0

*** first

WAIT?!? WHAT?!? BEER!

B|

Congratulation for dealing with your mal! :)

Lol, there was definitely plenty of beer. I think I racked up at least 6 admissible beer fines over the weekend, and a few more that I managed to sneak past everyone, ha ha.
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

Craig beat me to it.

The one-case-per-jump limit sometimes gets 'conveniently' forgotten by many experienced jumpers when explaining the rules to the less-experienced :P

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

PixieUK

Sunday added the pre-seconds of a linked exit (we don't do coached FS jumps until after our A licence in the UK)

Wow, FS is required to get an A license in the US.:)

jumping my first (supervised) pack job so I figured that was probably enough excitement for one weekend, lol.

My son grew up packing at our DZ. He was nervous about jumping someone else's pack job on his first jump. After he landed, he packed his own for his Level 2. :D

Congrats on a great weekend of new experiences. May you have many more. B|

Trafficdiver

The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

Let me guess. You drink a lot of beer and never buy any. (Insert smiley face here)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Trafficdiver

The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

You can choose not to buy beer, but if you do that you'd better not be drinking other peoples fines...

That's just being a twat.

If you honestly believe that then you don't understand the point of a beer fine.

yoink

***The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

You can choose not to buy beer, but if you do that you'd better not be drinking other peoples fines...

If you honestly believe that then you don't understand the point of a beer fine.

Alternatively he's saying he likes beer and ignores the rule, buying more cases even if he could get away with less?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99

******The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

Alternatively he's saying he likes beer and ignores the rule, buying more cases even if he could get away with less?

In that case he's a hero. ;):D:D

nigel99

******The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

If that's what he meant then I was being a twat for my first post :D
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

yoink

*********The one case of beer rule is only applicable to the weak who choose to abide by it.

In that case he's a hero. ;):D:D

Unless it's Bud light, in which case your first comment stands:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.