brenthutch

Meanwhile in the Arctic…

https://scienceofclimatechange.org/wp-content/uploads/Astrup-Jensen-2023-Time-Trend-Arctic-Sea-Ice.pdf

“in the last 17 years from 2007 to 2023 the downward trend has also been about zero. Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the Arctic Sea summer ice to disappear completely, as predicted”

N_iqr_timeseries.png

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I am not sure that showing a graph indicating 2023-2024 is below the 1981-2010 median, below the IQR and at the bottom end of IDR is really supporting your position.

My position is that there is more Arctic sea ice today than a decade (and many ppm of CO2) ago.  It supports my position just fine.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My position is that there is more Arctic sea ice today than a decade (and many ppm of CO2) ago.  It supports my position just fine.

Rush made a similar comment just after 1998. The result was so embarrassing for him he hasn't been seen since.

26 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the Arctic Sea summer ice to disappear completely, as predicted

"Between 1998 and 2009 there was no increase in average temperatures worldwide.  Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the climate to continue warming, as predicted."

"Between 2016 and 2022 there was no increase in average temperatures worldwide.  Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the climate to continue warming, as predicted."

We had entire threads about those two claims.  They ended poorly for the deniers who posted them.

22 minutes ago, billvon said:

"Between 1998 and 2009 there was no increase in average temperatures worldwide.  Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the climate to continue warming, as predicted."

"Between 2016 and 2022 there was no increase in average temperatures worldwide.  Therefore, there is no indication that we should expect the climate to continue warming, as predicted."

We had entire threads about those two claims.  They ended poorly for the deniers who posted them.

Doing better than Al Gore: Polar bears? Mt. Kilimanjaro? Hurricanes? Floods? Droughts? Arctic sea ice? Tornadoes?

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yeah "Google" or "GOP is always right search" has you pegged. They likely have your daily right wing daily feed well before your feet hit the floor.

spacer.png

From National Snow and Ice Data Center