2 2
brenthutch

Californians Flee to Texas

16 minutes ago, lippy said:

If he’s nothing but a ‘melted wax phallus’ how can he be the threat you make him out to be?

Im assuming you’re just baiting with misspelling ’easy’, but maybe that’s just who we’re dealing with here. 

The DA's of LA are Not MAGA but you didn't get that far in your reasoning. His policies his DAs are the reason Life is wonderful in his leftist utopias.

No wonder they are leaving, California ranks number one in taxation but a lowly 35 in services provided 

https://www.accountingtoday.com/list/20-states-with-the-worst-taxpayer-roi

OTOH, Texas and Florida rank #5 and #2 respectively for taxpayers getting the most bang for their buck 

https://www.accountingtoday.com/list/20-best-states-for-taxpayer-roi

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, brenthutch said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/californians-moved-texas-property-tax-gave-sticker-shock-2023-11

“In 2021, nearly 108,000 people migrated from California to Texas, according to an analysis of the most recent Census data.”

And even more are going to Florida.

#doom loop

800 people a day move to Florida - not something new but has been going on for 30+ years. Population has doubled since I moved here and surpassed NY State last year. Florida Population 1900-2022 | MacroTrends

Is that working for all these libertarian/conservative types that claim they are fleeing blue states for deep red Florida?

Florida has some of the highest inflation in the country, real estate is overpriced, home insurance is unaffordable and property taxes this year are spiking because the governmental bodies do not have the revenues to support the infrastructure that is required.

One rental of mine had property taxes jump from$1100 to $3900/year.  

So much for that conservative dream of small government, low taxes etc.  Still there is no income taxes, but I predict Florida very soon will look a lot like the California that people love to use as a bad example.....

10 minutes ago, tkhayes said:

800 people a day move to Florida - not something new but has been going on for 30+ years. Population has doubled since I moved here and surpassed NY State last year. Florida Population 1900-2022 | MacroTrends

Is that working for all these libertarian/conservative types that claim they are fleeing blue states for deep red Florida?

Florida has some of the highest inflation in the country, real estate is overpriced, home insurance is unaffordable and property taxes this year are spiking because the governmental bodies do not have the revenues to support the infrastructure that is required.

One rental of mine had property taxes jump from$1100 to $3900/year.  

So much for that conservative dream of small government, low taxes etc.  Still there is no income taxes, but I predict Florida very soon will look a lot like the California that people love to use as a bad example.....

Being ranked #2 in government services provided per dollar, Florida is looking pretty good. As bad as you think you have it, it could be much, much much worse…you could be living in California 

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Being ranked #2 in government services provided per dollar, Florida is looking pretty good. As bad as you think you have it, it could be much, much much worse…you could be living in California 

Depends on where your ranking came from - but yeah, I did say "I predict florida will be like california soon...".  Good universities, poor for public education and most websites seem to rank it 10th overall for whatever 'general ranking' metrics they use.

Florida is really good at funneling tax money to cronies...... 

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No wonder they are leaving, California ranks number one in taxation but a lowly 35 in services provided 

OTOH, Texas and Florida rank #5 and #2 respectively for taxpayers getting the most bang for their buck 

My first post was incorrect we have about half of the nation's homeless not  one third.One third is the amount of "welfare" recipients. My Bad.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:28 PM, lippy said:

If he’s nothing but a ‘melted wax phallus’ how can he be the threat you make him out to be?

Im assuming you’re just baiting with misspelling ’easy’, but maybe that’s just who we’re dealing with here. 

You may assume my motive is to disagree with you, please know it's actually the opposite. I'm sure if you try, you could find one errant item of agreement in the "Sorrows" situation. 

Here in CA. some residents call it the Homeless Industrial Complex. A Billion a year it's a success.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I was looking to help my daughter buy property close to Magic Mountain, just a little condo/Townhouse. At half a million it was a pill, but  it also had a $500 HOA ok,and then 2% property tax seemed to crush dreams. At $12,000 "some crosses are others blessings."

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

You may assume my motive is to disagree with you, please know it's actually the opposite. 

Agree or disagree, it’s all the same to me….most of the time I can’t understand what you’re trying to say anyways. I usually get the feeling that it’s vaguely sinister, though. 

On 11/23/2023 at 1:34 PM, richravizza said:

I was looking to help my daughter buy property close to Magic Mountain, just a little condo/Townhouse. At half a million it was a pill, but  it also had a $500 HOA ok,and then 2% property tax seemed to crush dreams. At $12,000 "some crosses are others blessings."

Thanks in part to the folks that voted for Proposition 13.    e.g., my neighbor's house here in California is worth 4x as much as that condo, but she pays under $2400/yr in property tax.   Not sure what people near Magic Mountain voted for to make your tax percentage that high; mine are "only" 1.37% of assessed value rather than 2%.

You hadn't figured in the cost of homeowners insurance with that purchase yet. New insurance policies aren't being sold in my area so most people here have to resort to the CA "Fair" plan which is anything but. I still have a grandfathered policy but it costs more than my property taxes by a good margin and is expected to increase, possibly as much as 30 to 50% as the state tries to woo the insurance companies back.