GregZoller

Human body in freefall

Hi there,

I am new here so thanks for having me.

A question, if I may: does anyone know how a human body behaves if the skydiver in freefall doesn't actively try to change his/her position? Would you, for example, stay like that if you fell/jumped out of a plane back first?

Thanks for any advice

Is he conscious and intentionally laying motionless? Or is he unconscious with all his muscles limp? If he's back-first, what are the positions of his arms and legs? Is his back arched? Are we talking about a jump from a motionless hot-air balloon, or an airplane with horizontal speed?

Answer: It depends...

GregZoller

Hi there,

A question, if I may: does anyone know how a human body behaves if the skydiver in freefall doesn't actively try to change his/her position? Would you, for example, stay like that if you fell/jumped out of a plane back first?

Thanks for any advice

Seems pretty obvious to me that an unconscious body cannot jump backwards out of a plane.

MikeStafford

***Hi there,

Thanks for any advice

Seems pretty obvious to me that an unconscious body cannot jump backwards out of a plane.

Ok, since we're playing, they can't jump, but they can fall or be pushed ass first. If they are unconscious, they can also be pushed face forward, too.

This thread is just waiting for a mod to delete the whole stupid question from an obvious troll.

But, just in case this is legit: generally speaking an unconscious body will fall back assward once the wind takes over.

Bodies will bend at the waist.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

This thread is just waiting for a mod to delete the whole stupid question from an obvious troll.

Why do you think that might happen?
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Joellercoaster

***This thread is just waiting for a mod to delete the whole stupid question from an obvious troll.

Why do you think that might happen?

Never ...... the site would be empty :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

cazzercam

Assuming the person isnt knocked out.

I've jumped out and then gone fully relaxed, you dont flip over, you just go faster, you might backslide a little, but thats about it.

Relaxed isn't limp...you will eventually end up on your back folded at the waist. The center of gravity is in the rig/butt area and that wants to be lowest.

Like a badminton birdie your arms & legs end up high & trailing.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

***Assuming the person isnt knocked out.

I've jumped out and then gone fully relaxed, you dont flip over, you just go faster, you might backslide a little, but thats about it.

Relaxed isn't limp...you will eventually end up on your back folded at the waist. The center of gravity is in the rig/butt area and that wants to be lowest.

Like a badminton birdie your arms & legs end up high & trailing.

I suppose parachutes should be worn so they open off the front. That way stability wouldn't require any effort. Just go limp and there you are! The older you get the easier it is to go limp too.

oldwomanc6

******Hi there,

Thanks for any advice

Ok, since we're playing, they can't jump, but they can fall or be pushed ass first. If they are unconscious, they can also be pushed face forward, too.

But, just in case this is legit: generally speaking an unconscious body will fall back assward once the wind takes over.

Bodies will bend at the waist.

wow so there are trolls on this site lol.

I realize it's not quite what you asked as he was conscious on exit, but isn't the video from last year of that guy getting knocked out on exit and his friends pulling his main for him all over the news like last week?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10606334/Dramatic-moment-unconscious-skydiver-rescued-mid-air-captured-on-helmet-camera.html