2 2
kleggo

i miss this magazine, nothing else compares

Rooting around in the closet recently found a November 1991 issue of Skydiving. In it was a several page report on the 1991 Nationals which I competed in. Right next to it was the issue of Parachutist covering the same. Skydiving covered the Nationals with more detail and in depth than USPAs own Parachutist.

Was sad to see it go. Doubt print would even be a starter today. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, councilman24 said:

Still have boxes full downstairs, many years worth, my daughters will likely have to throw them out when I die or get put in a home.  Can't bring myself to throw them out. 

When I gave mine away, I placed an ad somewhere and said free for the taking.  I had another skydiver pick them up.  I couldn't bear to have them thrown away and am glad someone was willing to take them.  I did keep the very first issue which may be a little rare.

• Like 3

I'm surprised that it was so good.  Like many things, it was taken for granted. A lot of times it arrived on the same day as Parachutist and it was always read first. In addition to the art, it always had what was really going on in skydiving.

• Like 1