2 2
JoeWeber

Christians don’t believe in Democracy

50 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Just another scam to get the money.  Think Franklin Graham.

Jerry Baumchen

I was thinking that too but a 30 second browse didn't find the "donate 10% of your gross income here" link. These televangelists need to get on board that. Gambling apps and Jebus apps they would leave nothing left for trump's lawyers.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Out of curiosity, do any of these images, in your opinion, depict Jesus as he was?

I'm very disappointment in you Joe. Everyone knows that this is Jesus, with his apostles. Speaking Mandarin obviously.

spacer.png

and the Black version:

spacer.png

Anti-WOKE Christians have crusaded against these true Jebus images.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Just another scam to get the money.  Think Franklin Graham.

Jerry Baumchen

If you read Acts you'll find out that being rich is bad, and the solution is to give your wealth to the church.  All of it.

1 minute ago, jaybird18c said:

No. No one knows what he looked like. However, Jesus was a 1st century Jew. So he would have looked like a 1st century Jew.

Then how do you feel about Christianity's marketing department using such obvious frauds to gain market share? I credit you in advance with realizing that many current adherents would have bolted out the door were they asked to follow a dark skinned Prophet who had an afro. Or do you chalk this up to an ends justifying the means scam?

4 hours ago, winsor said:

If you read Acts you'll find out that being rich is bad, and the solution is to give your wealth to the church.  All of it.

That's not true at all. There's nothing wrong with being rich. Joseph went from being a slave to being rich and powerful. He used it for good. What's bad is loving your wealth more than God. That's the point of the scripture you referenced. But I think you knew that.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Then how do you feel about Christianity's marketing department using such obvious frauds to gain market share? I credit you in advance with realizing that many current adherents would have bolted out the door were they asked to follow a dark skinned Prophet who had an afro. Or do you chalk this up to an ends justifying the means scam?

"Christianity" has a marketing department? So some people's misrepresentation of what Jesus looks like for selfish reasons is one of your big hangups? What has that got to do with anything real?

1 minute ago, jaybird18c said:

"Christianity" has a marketing department? So some people's misrepresentation of what Jesus looks like for selfish reasons is one of your big hangups? What has that got to do with anything real?

You know what I was saying and "some peoples misrepresentation of what Jesus looks like" trivializes what should be an embarrassment for you. Those "some peoples" are the purveyors of Christianity and those purveyors are intentionally misrepresenting the product. And that is absolutely real.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You know what I was saying and "some peoples misrepresentation of what Jesus looks like" trivializes what should be an embarrassment for you. Those "some peoples" are the purveyors of Christianity and those purveyors are intentionally misrepresenting the product. And that is absolutely real.

Jesus is the head of his church. Why would what other people do embarrass me? Now that's silly.

Just now, jaybird18c said:

Jesus is the head of his church. Why would what other people do embarrass me? Now that's silly.

Because you ascribe to the belief and tout that it is the most important truth of the universe. Sadly, for adherents, it is being fraudulently marketed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

For all adherents? How do you know they're adherents? How do you know they're Christians? How do you know they're not just gowlerks out to make money off of religion. Your generalization is illogical. Do you think a fraudulent person claiming to be a Christian is one just because he says he is? Read Matthew 7.

No thanks, I'll leave reading the bible to prove the truth of the bible to adherents like yourself. Stop being obtuse. I did not state "all" adherents nor am I separating adherents into crooks and non crooks. I am saying that belonging to a belief system whose success is based in large part on a gross misrepresentation of the physical appearance of the claimed Messiah should be embarrassing to a thinking person. But I guess we have different standards.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No thanks, I'll leave reading the bible to prove the truth of the bible to adherents like yourself. Stop being obtuse. I did not state "all" adherents nor am I separating adherents into crooks and non crooks. I am saying that belonging to a belief system whose success is based in large part on a gross misrepresentation of the physical appearance of the claimed Messiah should be embarrassing to a thinking person. But I guess we have different standards.

You're saying Christianity rises or falls based on how some people market it? It's been around for over 2000 years. People have represented it in all sorts of ways, good and bad, sometimes very bad. Christianity has never been sustained by people. 

I'm sorry, but Christianity is the churches and the people. Christ is different, but Christianity is entirely dependent on people. It's the acceptance, by people, of the divinity of Christ, and, depending on the particular flavor, also of how literally one takes the Bible. As far as a marketing department, why else do so many churches have crosses on them, including giant ones? 

Wendy P.

• Like 1

(edited)
35 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

For all adherents? How do you know they're adherents? How do you know they're Christians? How do you know they're not just gowlerks out to make money off of religion. Your generalization is illogical. Do you think a fraudulent person claiming to be a Christian is one just because he says he is? Read Matthew 7.

Ken is making money off religion?? Why wasn't i told about it? Have you got a church/flock on the side?

Edited by Phil1111

4 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I'm sorry, but Christianity is the churches and the people. Christ is different, but Christianity is entirely dependent on people. It's the acceptance, by people, of the divinity of Christ, and, depending on the particular flavor, also of how literally one takes the Bible. As far as a marketing department, why else do so many churches have crosses on them, including giant ones? 

Wendy P.

Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Church. “For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 3:11).

Pope Francis has finally come out and made some remarks about American conservative christian reactionaries.

"his dismay at “a very strong, organized, reactionary attitude” opposing him within the U.S. Roman Catholic Church, one that fixates on social issues like abortion and sexuality to the exclusion of caring for the poor and the environment.

The pope lamented the “backwardness” of some American conservatives who he said insist on a narrow, outdated and unchanging vision. They refuse, he said, to accept the full breadth of the Church’s mission and the need for changes in doctrine over time.

“I would like to remind these people that backwardness is useless,” Francis, 86, told a group of fellow Jesuits early this month in a meeting at World Youth Day celebrations in Lisbon. “Doing this, you lose the true tradition and you turn to ideologies to have support. In other words, ideologies replace faith.”

I'd say he nailed it. But when they sell their souls to Lucifer aka trump. Thats what you get. But for American Christians these words have no meaning.

15 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

... Christianity has never been sustained by people. 

43 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

God does not require marketing.

The entirety of the christian belief system is about marketing salvation and punishment aka hell from people to people.