brenthutch

Biden’s Incredible Transition

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Note: the "we" is an 'editorial we'. The more severe effects of AGW aren't going to come until well after I'm dead and gone.

Meh.....someone else's problem. Why should I give up my ICE and skydiving? Realistically this is all just an argument over how much we should each be willing to sacrifice to solve a future problem. But some people don't even want to admit that there . They would rather pretend there is no problem. I'm not sure why. Maybe they are avoiding feelings of guilt.

24 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Nice loaded question.

You'll then choose your own definition of catastrophic, apply your arbitrary criteria to any answer, then declare yourself the winner of the argument, which you do every day in your mind.

You can't really debate honestly, can you?

(rhetorical question: you can't. Because without cheating you really have no chance)

I’ll let you choose your own definition of catastrophic. I will even help you out.

cat·a·stroph·ic
/ˌkadəˈsträfik/
adjective

1. involving or causing sudden great damage 

(edited)
1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Nope. Numbers are unambiguous and much clearer, but everyone knows you can't do them.

What is even less ambiguous and even more clear is greater than, less than and equal to. I’ll start.

Greater than: Food production, polar bear population 

Less than: Global deaths from climate related disasters, EF3 and greater tornadoes 

Equal to: Historical natural variability of floods, droughts, wildfires and hurricanes 

See! It’s easy. Now you try.

But if you can’t, show me your numbers.

Edited by brenthutch

6 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What is even less ambiguous and even more clear is greater than, less than and equal to.

Of those three, the only thing that has NO mathematical ambiguity is the definition of equal to. (and you even got your examples wrong)

Geez. I've got better things to do that to teach you the basics of how to read, and how to do numbers.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Of those three, the only thing that has NO mathematical ambiguity is the definition of equal to. (and you even got your examples wrong)

Geez. I've got better things to do that to teach you the basics of how to read, and how to do numbers.

So you’ve got nothing. (Other that your prediction that EVs will overtake IC vehicles in four (now three years):x)

Edited by brenthutch

Just now, brenthutch said:

So you’ve got nothing

You know when you ask CERN to solve your toddler puzzles, and they don't answer?

It's not because they're afraid :rofl:

You really need so much attention, don't you :rofl: could you at least try to learn to read your own links, and add two numbers together? I've got to go now, got some grown-up things to work on :x

(edited)
8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

So you’ve got nothing.

And you've got nothing but dishonest attempts to debate. Drop the strawmen, learn how to read, learn how to add, and we'll talk. K-12 is a good start, maybe in 12 years you'll know something!

Edited by olofscience

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

And you've got nothing but dishonest attempts to debate. Drop the strawmen, learn how to read, learn how to add, and we'll talk. K-12 is a good start, maybe in 12 years you'll know something!

Let me break it down for you Sunshine 

1. There will be no great energy transition.  Fossil fuels provided around 85% of global energy needs, about the same as a decade ago and will continue to dominate for the next several decades. (Actually the amount of FF has increased in absolute terms as the deployment renewables have not kept pace with increased demand.)

2. The largest contribution of renewables is from hydro and the burning of bio-mass, wind and solar are far behind (I doubt most folks wouldn’t consider burning down forests to be ‘good for the planet’)

3.  Atmospheric levels of CO2 will continue to increase in spite of the trillions wasted to prevent it.

I’ll save the best for last

4.  It’s going to be all right.  No need for breathless clutching of pearls, bed wetting nor setting one’s hair alight. Relax, take a deep breath and have the courage to do nothing.

I will let you get back to your Juneteenth celebration.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

It’s going to be all right.  No need for breathless clutching of pearls, bed wetting nor setting one’s hair alight. Relax, take a deep breath and have the courage to do nothing.

Yes, you, and people like you, will be just fine. Because you have resources, and will probably be lucky. Most people will be, and most people won’t know too many people who aren’t lucky — just as most of us don’t know a significant number of the million+ Americans who have died of COVID.

Wendy P. 

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Let me break it down for you Sunshine ...

I will let you get back to your Juneteenth celebration...

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Of course it is.  He got you to reply to him, and he will get attention for the next ten of your replies.

Brent is a perfect example of the ugly republican. They have personal financial ideals. Beyond personal interests, guns, cheap living expenses, etc. They don't give a rats ass about anyone else. Their problems, the living conditions of others, the environment, etc. Those are liberal concepts. Stupid ideals.

Facts, compromise, accommodations are irrelevant. They have the senate, the courts, the US military to protect the borders.

Like it or not those like him are a powerful political force. Ignore won't change the upcoming rulings of the USSC. Its rulings on abortion and the environment.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I addressed number four.

Wendy P. 

Everyone will be fine. Unlike now where EVERYONE is suffering from D’s money party and war on fossil fuels.  Unfortunately it is the lefties need to pull an imaginary crisis out of thin air,  without evidence, that is causing pain to the vast majority of ordinary folks.

Edited by brenthutch

Let’s compare those who are suffering from some UNPRECEDENTED global warming issue, with those who are suffering from record gas prices and inflation.  Let’s put them on a scale and decide just who is suffering more.

I’ll let you make the call.