brenthutch

Mask mandate fail

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/31/briefing/masks-mandates-us-covid.html
“In U.S. cities where mask use has been more common, Covid has spread at a similar rate as in mask-resistant cities. Mask mandates in schools also seem to have done little to reduce the spread. Hong Kong, despite almost universal mask-wearing, recently endured one of the world’s worst Covid outbreaks.“

Public service announcement

• Like 1

Bubonic plague, Spanish Flu, smallpox, measles, polio, AIDS, SARS, COVID-19, monkey pox and whatever-comes-next are with us forever.

We are unlikely to see much reduction in plagues until human population thins circa 2050.

A massive increase in fuel prices might limit travel and slow transmission, but we are still going to suffer a series of plagues during my lifetime. Half the people on my morning commuter bus wore masks, even though they are no longer officially required. Hand shaking has also fallen out of fashion. Standing within 2 meters of strangers is longer socially acceptable.  

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/31/briefing/masks-mandates-us-covid.html
“In U.S. cities where mask use has been more common, Covid has spread at a similar rate as in mask-resistant cities. Mask mandates in schools also seem to have done little to reduce the spread. Hong Kong, despite almost universal mask-wearing, recently endured one of the world’s worst Covid outbreaks.“

Public service announcement

Wonder why you are not copying the part of the article that explain how masks do work, but that mask mandates have not been effective.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Wonder why you are not copying the part of the article that explain how masks do work, but that mask mandates have not been effective.

Because my post was about mask mandates not masks.  If you want to start a thread about how effective masks are in a controlled, laboratory environment be my guest.

1 hour ago, Bigfalls said:

Is the rate of Covid lower in Canada than the US because you stay 2 meters apart rather than 6 feet? 

COVID death rate is almost 3x higher in the US than in Canada. Must be the mask mandates that don't work. combined with a better vaccination rate to allow Bill Gates to track us better.