1 1
billvon

What is banned and not banned in Florida

49 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

They tried that at Shuttle (obviously awhile ago), and found that too many programmers were quitting when they found all the introduced errors. So instead we had a different group entirely do the testing, and they only tested the code once the coders (my group) thought it was complete. They did participate in inspections, and were honest about finding code errors that they could have been rewarded for finding via test once released. Which was a good thing -- code is rarely perfect, and this was all hand-coded.

The job wasn't a great fit for me in some ways (I'm much more loosey-goosey and not perfection-driven), but it was a group and project I was proud to be associated with. 

Wendy P. 

Sure, but did they spiff you some Chick-fil-A?

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

My son is in a Florida High School. He is a year ahead and in honors classes. He just showed me his grades .. Straight A's again.

Question -- what do you teach your son about bullies? To give in because they're bigger and shouldn't be poked?

Wendy P.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

As far as the books go I'm against those that teach our young girls to sodomize each other. 

Damn what was in that math book!?!?!?!?!

It's getting bad with this book BS.  My wife manages a library in a conservative TX town and a couple times a week she's got some nut job in demanding answers.  Almost as often as it's a far-right nut job demanding to see the filth they're trying to force on the children, it's a far-left nut job demanding to see the titles that have been pulled from the shelves due to censorship.

My wife can hold her own with just about anybody, but most librarians didn't get into the biz to be yelled at by asshats.

12 hours ago, lippy said:

Damn what was in that math book!?

I'm sure it had a picture of two little girls holding hands or something and a conservative saw that and said "SODOMY!!!!!!!  Right THERE!  They are GROOMING little girls to have SEX with each other!"

15 hours ago, Slim King said:

My son didn't kill 15,000 Eastern Ukrainians in 8 years. My boy takes karate.

If he's ever bullied, I certainly hope you tell him to lie down and take it.  Anything else could invite more violence against him or another child, which your boy would then be 100% responsible for.