brenthutch

Covid and the holidays

In my neighborhood, we had a huge increase in Halloween participation.  The number of decorated houses was more than double than in previous years.  Not only the amount of participation but the degree as well.  What had been a pumpkin on the front porch was now a full blown spectacle.  Christmas season has seemed to followed suit.  If one has to look for a silver lining in the 2020 COVID nightmare, it might be bringing neighbors closer together, while we are still apart.

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)

People will still get together the same as they did on Thanksgiving and Halloween. People are tired of dealing with the pandemic and feel the risk is worth the reward at this point. For some people their choice will be correct, but for others it will result in them greatly regretting their choices. To me, this shit is going to be done and over with soon enough. The vaccine is coming soon and once I get it it's a done deal for me. So there is no reason to risk getting sick now when I can see the finish line. But most people dont think that way, either because they dont want the vaccine or just dont care in the first place.

This story has repeated itself over and over. Experts warn the public to take this shit seriously, they dont, then they end up in the ER wishing they had. It is the same thing over and over. It wont ever change. Sometimes the hard way is the only way.

Edited by Westerly
  • Like 1

Well decorating the house & yard is something that can be done without coming into contact with anyone.

It gives a tangible result. 

Also, getting in the car and driving around to see everyone else's lights is reasonably safe. 

So yeah, it's a way of spreading 'holiday cheer'. Without risking spreading anything else.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

But we all know what will happen on Christmas and New Year's Eve this year; big get togethers just like Thanksgiving.

I ventured out yesterday.  Everyone i saw were wearing masks.

Why not?  Trump, Cruz and others told us it would all be over on November 4.  Cruz GUARANTEED it.

18 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

This also proves that the Rs were right and the Ds are wrong. There is no need for any more stimulus money and people are doing just fine as everyone has the money to decorate their house for the holidays.

Yes, cause everybody owns a house to decorate.....