1 1
brenthutch

Firearm salesman of the century

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

With this: "That said, with rights come duties. If one is going to own boomsticks, I believe that one must demonstrate the ability to handle them safely and responsibly." you effectively place yourself left of center on guns.

Perhaps, yet I believe it should be up to the states to decide, and not the Feds. And certainly not Beto fucking O'Rourke, the apparent "gun control czar" - that has a nice ring to it, don't you think? How totally apropos.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No, it was BLM, ANTIFA, “defund the police” and Biden’s pledge to confiscate sporting rifles and standard capacity magazines.  If it was Trump, sales would not have skyrocketed AFTER the election.

As long as I breathe air, no one has the right to deprive me or any law-abiding citizen of the basic human right to self-defense. No one.

Just now, markharju said:

As long as I breathe air, no one has the right to deprive me or any law-abiding citizen of the basic human right to self-defense. No one.

Do you need a grenade launcher or a Barrett .50 for the purpose? I keep a Beretta Tactical on hand and feel great about the choice. Of course, allow me to be baffled if someones own personal defense need includes an ability to spray armor piercing rounds through the wall.

7 minutes ago, markharju said:

You must have done well in high school drama classes.You don't need semi-autos or high capacity mags for self defense. If you think you do you need some more range time and less time on the x-box.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You must have done well in high school drama classes.You don't need semi-autos or high capacity mags for self defense. If you think you do you need some more range time and less time on the x-box.

"Don't like abortions? Don't get one." / "Don't like guns? Don't own one." My body, my choice. What's an "x-box"? Is that some kind of ammo? ^.^

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Do you need a grenade launcher or a Barrett .50 for the purpose? I keep a Beretta Tactical on hand and feel great about the choice. Of course, allow me to be baffled if someones own personal defense need includes an ability to spray armor piercing rounds through the wall.

With some exceptions, most civilians aren't allowed to own weapons of mass destruction (however, there are some bleeding heart political pukes trying to get .50 BMG classed as such).

32 minutes ago, markharju said:

What makes you think it's irrational? It's happened in other places, like Germany in the 1930s. Think it can't happen in the USA? THINK AGAIN. IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

27 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Your logic, your misuse of historical perspective is so fatally flawed as to defy reasonable response.

Well, the last 5 years showed how easily a con man who knows how to push the right buttons can get a large segment of a disaffected and angry population to fall for a line full of hatred and bigotry.

I was rather surprised at how easily the Alt-Right went 'full Nazi'.

4 minutes ago, markharju said:

With some exceptions, most civilians aren't allowed to own weapons of mass destruction (however, there are some bleeding heart political pukes trying to get .50 BMG classed as such).

.50 BMG. Made in America and smuggled to cartels in Mexico to shoot down Marine helicopters. You are impossible to deal with because you are always all over the map. Here, in your defense of self defense you elevate the conversation to puerile insults and weapons of mass destruction. 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Is it irrational to believe that Biden will do what he promised to do?  It is right there on his website.  

What Biden’s says on his website is not what you say he says on his website. You provided the proof for us right here in black and white in this thread.

21 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, the last 5 years showed how easily a con man who knows how to push the right buttons can get a large segment of a disaffected and angry population to fall for a line full of hatred and bigotry.

I was rather surprised at how easily the Alt-Right went 'full Nazi'.

...so a "Nazi" is anyone with whom you disagree. Got it - thx. Do you really think the Feds are going to protect you from those scary rednecks? Silly liberal - tricks are for kids.

1 minute ago, markharju said:

...so a "Nazi" is anyone with whom you disagree. Got it - thx. Do you really think the Feds are going to protect you from those scary rednecks? Silly liberal - tricks are for kids.

Nope. Nazi's are the ones running around waving Swastika flags.

Like actual Nazi's in Charlottesville. 

You know, the ones Trump called "very fine people".

Or the Proud Boys. The ones Trump told to "Stand back and stand by".

Or the ones calling for Trump to 'suspend the Constitution and impose Martial Law'. 

And well over 40% of the ballots were in favor of this shit.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

.50 BMG. Made in America and smuggled to cartels in Mexico to shoot down Marine helicopters. You are impossible to deal with because you are always all over the map. Here, in your defense of self defense you elevate the conversation to puerile insults and weapons of mass destruction. 

They could easily get their hands on Chinese clones of Russian DShK 12.7x108mm HMGs. That doesn't mean we need to make it easier for them, I agree. However, as is often pointed out, criminals don't obey gun laws.

Further, I think liberal policies towards hard drugs, coupled with a liberal culture, will end up making the drug gang situation worse. Edit to add: Mexican drug gangs have RPGs and MANPADs. I suppose you'll blame that on American gun owners too. https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/ABC_Univision/mara-salvatrucha-gang-mexican-cartel-united-states-problem/story?id=18920021

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Nope. Nazi's are the ones running around waving Swastika flags.

Like actual Nazi's in Charlottesville. 

You know, the ones Trump called "very fine people".

Or the Proud Boys. The ones Trump told to "Stand back and stand by".

Or the ones calling for Trump to 'suspend the Constitution and impose Martial Law'. 

And well over 40% of the ballots were in favor of this shit.

Again, when those "Nazis" come for you, who are you gonna call? This ought to be interesting.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I'm an adult white male. 

They aren't likely to come for me.

Most of them think I'm one of them.

How convenient. If you were a black lesbian in a wheelchair (and thus the winner of the intersectionality olympics), wouldn't you want to be able to defend yourself from those evil male Europids? Thought so.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, markharju said:

Yet you choose to live not in a country that allows you access to whatever firearms you choose, but instead in Europe where they are forbidden.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Yet you choose to live not in a country that allows you access to whatever firearms you choose, but instead in Europe where they are forbidden.

Uh, what makes you think that is the case?

31 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

An American without the balls to live in America. .

Nemo me impune lacessit

26 minutes ago, jakee said:

Watcha gonna do, Keyboard Kommando?:rofl:

Eventus stultorum Magister.