billvon

The White House photo shoot

Ah to be a fly on the wall during the latest White House photo shoot:

"OK let's get this shoot on the road.  Get the principal in here!  Ah, there you are, President Trump.  Sit right there at the head of the table, sir.  Great.  Josephine!  Let's get makeup in here.  He definitely needs some . . uh . . right there."

"OK on it."

"OK get the talent in!  You guys sit over there.  Military types over there.  Wait - that guy in the green.  Can we swap him out for someone with more badges and stuff on him?"

"On it."

"OK, great.  Hmm.  This looks like a board meeting or something.  Jerry, can we get some props in here?  Some tech stuff.  I want it to look like a Mission: Impossible scene."

"Let me check . . . OK got some laptops and Ethernet cables here.  Let me . . ."

"Better, better.  But not just yellow cables.  Do you have any orange or red, for drama?"

"Yeah, got some red cables here.  You want me to connect them to anything?"

"Well, of course, connect em up."

"Uh - I don't have really anything here to connect them to.  I can go to the van and get . . ."

"Don't bother, no one will really care.  Just scatter them around. OK, great.  Let's try a few shots.  Look over here guys!  OK, one, two . . .  no, Mr. President, please don't hold up your book.  I don't think that sets the right tone.  Let's try it again.  One, two . . . OK, too much smiling.  Remember, we just blew someone up!  Look serious!"

"Well, he blew himself up . . . "

"Whatever, I think we want a more serious approach here.  Let's try this again.  One . . . wait, where did that guy come from?"

"Jared, GET OUT!"

"OK, guys, let's try again.  Serious faces here.  One, two, three - I think we got it!"

WarRoom.jpg

• Like 2