1 1
FrancoR

Simple Video triming tool needed

I just wrestled with this yesterday. I already had VLC media player installed because it is truly free and has no nag screens and pretty much can play anything. It is not a video editor, but can save portions of any video quickly and easily. It works with any video that it can play. Instructions here:

https://www.vlchelp.com/cut-trim-videos-with-vlc-media-player/

You may already have it installed. If not, go here.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Like I said, this is not an editor. It is far simpler but can not do much.

Thanks everyone, i finally found the time to try all three. I lke VLC the best, i already have it but did  not realize it can cut as well. I only have one two  tiny issues to solve.

I want to keep the original  file name and i cannot skip forwar  while  the new video  is recorded even though it is mentiones in the  instruction but i will figure that out.

Thanks  everyone. 

On 8/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, FrancoR said:

Thanks everyone, i finally found the time to try all three. I lke VLC the best, i already have it but did  not realize it can cut as well. I only have one two  tiny issues to solve.

I want to keep the original  file name and i cannot skip forwar  while  the new video  is recorded even though it is mentiones in the  instruction but i will figure that out.

Thanks  everyone. 

Yes, it is simple but very limited. It won’t do either of those things. All it does is record a new file when you push the red button and stops recording when you push it again. You can not skip ahead.