gowlerk

America divided?

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

I hope they got some Happy Meals.  Even some fries.

Ugh it's so insulting.  History will judge this tangerine rodeo clown for what he is, even if so many people today have found themselves wrapped up in his giant con.  It won't age well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The white players from the Red Sox just had a nice visit with the POTUS.

Ya, never mind that traitor J.D Martinez in the front and that big black uncle tom in the back.  I think I see several Asians and Hispanics as well.  Maybe those guys are just minority props that AOC was talking about.

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

Ya, never mind that traitor J.D Martinez in the front and that big black uncle tom in the back.  I think I see several Asians and Hispanics as well.  Maybe those guys are just minority props that AOC was talking about.

Ya, Tiger likes him too. Probably all that housing discrimination in NY back in the day was imaginary too. He probably had at least a few coloureds as tenants.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

He probably had at least a few coloureds as tenants.

Looks like out of a team of 40 players, 6 minorities went and 9 didn't.  Nobody has reported on the whites that didn't show up.  Newsworthy stuff right there. . .

Edited by Coreece

Just now, Coreece said:

Looks like out of a team of 40 players, 6 minorities went and 9 didn't.  Newsworthy stuff right there. . .

Newsworthy on CNN, probably not a mention on FOX. NPR is covering it, but not at the top of the page like CNN

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/09/721868149/with-some-players-bowing-out-trump-hosts-red-sox-at-the-white-house

But the tradition of an apolitical While House celebration has become something of a thing of the past, with the invitation from Trump becoming more of a loaded loyalty test, forcing players to pick sides. Roughly a third of the team skipped the event in protest.

The day began with many mocking the White House for its online gaffe welcoming the "Boston Red Socks."

But the Sox are having their own awkward moment, as those who attended the White House celebration, and those who passed, are divided almost perfectly along racial lines. Every white player went, while almost every person of color who wears a Sox uniform opted out, including Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Xander Bogaerts and David Price.

It's very clear that you live in an extremely mundane world when you choose to focus so much attention to the south. By all means, solve ALL of our problems by pointing out all of "America's" short coming and down falls. 

But I digress. Our "divisions" aren't scratching the surface of our "worldly problems". Think outside the box...   

8 minutes ago, timski said:

It's very clear that you live in an extremely mundane world when you choose to focus so much attention to the south. By all means, solve ALL of our problems by pointing out all of "America's" short coming and down falls. 

But I digress. Our "divisions" aren't scratching the surface of our "worldly problems". Think outside the box...   

It's hard for the mouse to ignore the elephant sleeping beside it. I spend most of my working time and about a third of my life in your country. Mostly I like and admire America. That's part of the reason the current situation seems so surreal to me.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

It's hard for the mouse to ignore the elephant sleeping beside it. I spend most of my working time and about a third of my life in your country. Mostly I like and admire America. That's part of the reason the current situation seems so surreal to me.

The first amendment doesn't apply to you.

So just lay down, roll over, and take it!

:o

hopefully you saw the sarcasm in that.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

The first amendment doesn't apply to you.

So just lay down, roll over, and take it!

:o

hopefully you saw the sarcasm in that.

Sarcasm!

Well then The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms has got me covered. But not you!

I'm dealing with Transport Canada trying to get a second aircraft online this month, or two months, or however long they choose to make me wait. I'm doing more than enough rolling over and taking it.

Edited by gowlerk

That's funny. I thought the Bill of Rights talked about "people". 

While certain rights are reserved for citizens (voting is the most obvious), most of them apply to 'people', meaning 'everyone'

For example, non-citizens have the exact same rights as citizens when accused of a crime. The right to an attorney, trial by jury, speedy trial, 'due process' in general. 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

That's funny. I thought the Bill of Rights talked about "people". 

While certain rights are reserved for citizens (voting is the most obvious), most of them apply to 'people', meaning 'everyone'

For example, non-citizens have the exact same rights as citizens when accused of a crime. The right to an attorney, trial by jury, speedy trial, 'due process' in general. 

Yes - but it didnt say "You People"  - soooo - 

On 5/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, gowlerk said:

Sarcasm!

Well then The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms has got me covered. But not you!

I'm dealing with Transport Canada trying to get a second aircraft online this month, or two months, or however long they choose to make me wait. I'm doing more than enough rolling over and taking it.

Try a class 3 auto rifle!

:D