1 1
ryoder

Kansas Supreme Court strikes down anti-abortion law

(edited)
3 hours ago, kallend said:

So now an 11 year old girl in Alabama who is raped will be forced to carry the rapist's child to term and give birth to it.

Must be God's will.

'bama, 'nuff said. Besides, American women are not doing enough to ensure the continued domination of Caucasians. Someone has to step up.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/health/us-birth-rate-record-low-cdc-study/

Edited by gowlerk

5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

'bama, 'nuff said. Besides, American women are not doing enough to ensure the continued domination of Caucasians. Someone has to step up.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/health/us-birth-rate-record-low-cdc-study/

I don't know why this is an issue - 

Alyssa Milano and Bette Midler are demanding a sex strike until body autonomy is acheived - 

She says no one can afford to get pregnant under the current regulations - and no woman should have sex until the laws are changed.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't know why this is an issue - 

Alyssa Milano and Bette Midler are demanding a sex strike until body autonomy is acheived - 

She says no one can afford to get pregnant under the current regulations - and no woman should have sex until the laws are changed.

Most people, until this post I would have likely typed all, understand that laws and twitter posts are different.

Edited by SkyDekker

9 hours ago, kallend said:

So now an 11 year old girl in Alabama who is raped will be forced to carry the rapist's child to term and give birth to it.

Must be God's will.

No different than the Taliban. Both groups are a bunch of backwards hicks.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Most people, until this post I would have likely typed all, understand that laws and twitter posts are different.

I have no trouble understanding the difference -

At least not nearly as much as you did with the  context being replied to -

. . . Or do you believe that there are laws in the US concerning birth rates.

30 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes, laws that outlaw abortion will increase birth rates.  By definition.  Laws that outlaw birth control will have a similar effect.  Laws that outlaw sex education will also have a similar, but less direct, effect.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yes, laws that outlaw abortion will increase birth rates.  By definition.  Laws that outlaw birth control will have a similar effect.  Laws that outlaw sex education will also have a similar, but less direct, effect.

I was asking Justin - but ok - 

The article was about declining birth rates - which laws are causing that?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I have no trouble understanding the difference -

At least not nearly as much as you did with the  context being replied to -

You are equating women using refraining from sex as some form of protest to a state legislature banning abortions, even if pregnancy is due to incest or rape.

They are the exact opposite. On one side there are women who have made a decision with regards to their own body, on the other side we have a state legislature taking away the ability for women to make a decision affecting their own body.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I was asking Justin - but ok - 

The article was about declining birth rates - which laws are causing that?

Women deciding not to have kids early is causing declining birth rates.  That's true in nearly every society - the more educated and empowered women are, the later they have kids, and the fewer kids they have.  And laws that give women the right to choose, that give women the power to say no to men, that give women educational opportunities (especially sex education) and that give women employment opportunities all tend to decrease birth rates

Dang. 

My nibling shared something on FB that I thought was pretty telling on the abortion debate. 

“OK, if the baby starts at conception, then so should child support, as well as equally shared responsibility for birth costs.”

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

if the baby starts at conception, then so should child support, as well as equally shared responsibility for birth costs.”

I'm  sure the millions of women against abortion at the front of the pro life movement would agree.

The only ones that probably would disagree are deadbeats that don't really give a shit about anything, including abortion.

Edited by Coreece

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

I'm  sure the millions of women against abortion at the front of the pro life movement would agree.

You seem to be sure of a lot of things about women. I don't see any of them speaking up in agreement.

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I'm sure the millions of men against abortion would not.

Ya, if they're deadbeats like I already said.  Their stance on abortion really wouldn't matter.   It seems most men don't have a problem supporting their wife/girlfriend through their pregnancy and beyond, but maybe I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You seem to be sure of a lot of things about women. I don't see any of them speaking up in agreement.

Ok, maybe they don't want the support of their baby's father during their pregnancy.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It seems most men don't have a problem supporting their wife/girlfriend through their pregnancy and beyond, but maybe I'm wrong.

I would hope most men would also support their girlfriend/wife regarding decisions they want to make around their own bodies. The Alabama law says we are wrong.

Edited by SkyDekker