airdvr

Welcome to the dysfunction of Illinois government

I can think of one IL resident and poster here that is going to be very upset at the exposition of his beloved government.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Gosh, it's so much fun to point out problems with others; they're just so easy to see. And you can rejoice in your superiority at the same time.
Something about a beam and a mote comes to mind. I think Kallend is quite aware of the corruption in Illinois; he was happy when a previous (corrupt) governor was sent to prison. It's rather notorious.
But there's not a lot he can do single-handedly.
You guys could start working on the government in Brazil next; its way worse!

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

The OP was a humorous

No it wasn't.

so I made a humorous response.

No it wasn't.

I guess you failed to see the humor.

What, in your opinion, was the humorous part about a jab against a person and their politics with whom you always disagree anyway?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***The OP was a humorous

No it wasn't.

so I made a humorous response.

No it wasn't.

I guess you failed to see the humor.

What, in your opinion, was the humorous part about a jab against a person and their politics with whom you always disagree anyway?

Both the OP and the reply COULD be considered sarcasm, generally regarded as low humour. But very poorly executed sarcasm. I use sarcasm all the time. As do many here. Many of us are quite good at it. It's sort of painful to see it done so unartfully.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Both the OP and the reply COULD be considered sarcasm,

I don't see it.Certainly the OP from Airdvr is entirely consistent with his normal political views, whereas sarcasm requires irony.

airdvr

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-illinois-1008-story.html

I'm certain many States are this way...government jobs that amount to welfare.

As compared to the dysfunction of a federal government that uses federal institutions, false facts.... Full stop... Lies, to establish a federal version of a lie to cover up facts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/05/fema-removes-statistics-about-drinking-water-access-and-electricity-in-puerto-rico-from-website/?utm_term=.95a500d65b0f

Fake new, fake media, no, its the dysfunction of a federal government with trump at the apex of leadership. Who has an agenda of manipulation of fact to force his agenda.

jakee

I don't see it.Certainly the OP from Airdvr is entirely consistent with his normal political views, whereas sarcasm requires irony.

As you walk around with your eyes wide shut.

And then irony????????

Dude, you do not want to go there:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

And then irony????????

I honestly do not know what you are trying to argue with.

I said that Airdvr's post did NOT contain irony. Do you think it did?

Ohio is as bad if not worse. I've seen contracts get issued for work that is knowingly never going to be completed. Its not because of an intent to commit fraud but because of a desire to keep their own job. With most civilian jobs if the job is not completed on time then extensions can be granted but usually rates and total amount of expenditure is discussed and agreed on. My house needs a new roof and more damage is discovered during the tear down and now its going to cost an extra $5000? Ok - we can agree to the new cost and the work gets completed. With the state the issue is that the budget get approved yearly via the house so if they really want a new bridge in their district the rep makes sure they steer funding for that project, the issue is that if there is a cost overrun the contractor is not really constrained by a need to come back and reach a middle ground on price. They already tore out the old bridge and adding another 1-2 million on to the cost is just rounding of the dollars because there is no way that a constituent is going to be ok with letting the bridge be out for another 12 months while the next round of budgeting is approved only to never get that bridge completed. This is big when elections change the shape of a budget since a project that needed 1-2 years planning and prep time for the designs, traffic studies, engineering work and other items suddenly is no longer a priority since Rep X lost and now Rep Y wants the money for his own pet projects.

Due to government purchasing requirements for things like minority owned, veteran owned, American made, woman owned, and being on the approved purchasing schedule it provides a lot of additional overhead to those suppliers to have to increase their prices to justify dealing with the government.

I've been directly involved in getting some items put on the GA70 schedule and it took a team of 10-12 over 13 months of work to just get a few products approved for sale to the US government. That was not for actual purchasing but just to be eligible for contractors to include in their projects as an authorized solution that could be potentially purchased at some point in the future. This same thing exists at every state level. The goal behind this is to make sure that its not a fly by night operation with no financial solvency, that the item being sold does what is claims to do and that all the required items like proof of insurance, citizenship requirements and everything else is done up front. This is why the point about approved items like the Mac Book referenced in the article have a higher cost to the government than they do if you go to Best Buy - Best Buy does not have to do a years worth of paperwork to get approved and maintain that status and certification to be able to sell to the government.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

jakee

And then irony????????

I honestly do not know what you are trying to argue with.

I said that Airdvr's post did NOT contain irony. Do you think it did?
He has shown on many occasions tha he doesn't understand the words he uses.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.