Ares6701

Need recommendations for first main canopy.

Do you know why the Silhouette has such extremely different wingloading recommendations compared to the Spectre and Sabre2?

At my weight I am looking towards a 230 main.
On The Spectre, PD's recommendation is 218-230lbs (Novice-Intermediate), so up to 1:1 loading, on the Sabre2 even a bit more (230-242)

BUT: On The Silhouette 230 they specify 172-196lbs for the same experience level--a HUGE difference (meaning even a 260 will barely do)

So: Will a Silhouette at the same wingloading be much more aggressive than a Sabre2? (which seems to be the opposite of what the descriptions of the canopies indicate.)

Afaik the silhouette is a hybrid canopy 0P top skin f111 bottom skin specter and sabre are all zp all zp always performs better than hybrid or all f111. Just my two cents
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

Afaik the silhouette is a hybrid canopy 0P top skin f111 bottom skin specter and sabre are all zp all zp always performs better than hybrid or all f111. Just my two cents

Sounds right. My Turbo Z was hybrid and you could tell. But packing it was so nice. After ZPs it felt like it just kind of flowed into the container. When I was working on my gold wings I often made every load at our dz (not as impressive as it sounds, six or seven tended to be a good day there). It was a cessna dz and they'd alternate tandem and rw loads. They'd have a tandem with photographer and I'd ride up to four or six k depending on the size of the others then be packed up by the time they exited and ready for the alternate rw load. Then the tandem master would always go over the exit from the plane long enough that I'd be packed and ready for that load. I'm not sure I could do that with my zp.

Ares6701

I am presently 236 lbs and planning to be 200 lbs by jump season (Upstate NY).

Joseph Adams
A-84138

Don't ever count on making more money or losing weight.

Safire 3 is an excellent canopy, in my opinion.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy