brenthutch

Dr StrangeHarpper or: How I Learned to Stopped Worrying (About Global Warming) and Love CO2

billvon

> I've met plenty of college graduates who are just insufferable arrogant
>narcissistic dicks with a degree.

I have as well. I've met even more insufferable arrogant narcissistic dicks without a degree.

It took six pages to go from lovable molecule to "insufferable arrogant narcissistic dicks". I thought this was Speakers Corner, what took so long?

This touches on a couple of things we've talked about on here, from the party line approach to GW vs Military and security threats resulting from GW. Mattis!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/james-mattis-us-defence-secretary-climate-change-destabilise-world-security-donald-trump-global-a7630676.html
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Nothing new about any of that, especially when taken in a military context.
Paragraph one of an operations order (OPORD):

"Situation: Provides information essential to subordinate leader's understanding of the situation.

A. Enemy Forces

1. Weather and light data general forecast for the length of the operation: temperature (high & low), sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, moon phase, % illumination, wind speed, wind direction, BMNT, EENT."

Notice how weather is top-line under "Enemy Forces"?

brenthutch

Nothing new about any of that, especially when taken in a military context.
Paragraph one of an operations order (OPORD):

"Situation: Provides information essential to subordinate leader's understanding of the situation.

A. Enemy Forces

1. Weather and light data general forecast for the length of the operation: temperature (high & low), sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, moon phase, % illumination, wind speed, wind direction, BMNT, EENT."

Notice how weather is top-line under "Enemy Forces"?

You would think you would understand the difference between weather and climate by now.

>You would think you would understand the difference between weather and >climate by now.

He does. By summertime he'll be mocking people who post about how warm it is and connect that to climate change. He has "flexible" standards for such things.

I was thinking that its time to just let this thread die like trumpcare. As Brent is the only anti-science denyer that ever posts here.

Climate change drives thirsty koalas to special water stations
http://www.reuters.com/video/2017/03/15/climate-change-drives-thirsty-koalas-to?videoId=371303086&videoChannel=118169

"Seventeen congressional Republicans signed a resolution on Wednesday vowing to seek "economically viable" ways to stave off global warming, challenging the stated views of President Donald Trump, who has called climate change a hoax.

Republicans Elise Stefanik of New York, Carlos Curbelo of Florida and Ryan Costello of Pennsylvania introduced the legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, pledging to "study and address the causes and effects of measured changes to our global and regional climates" and seek ways to "balance human activities" that contribute.

Several Republicans who signed the resolution, which is non-binding, represent parts of the country most affected. Curbelo hails from Miami, where streets regularly flood at high tide due to rising sea levels.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climatechange-congress-idUSKBN16M235

What's happening in Australia is part of a global trend. Over the last year, about 12 percent of the world's reefs have bleached, due to El Niño and climate change. Scientists have predicted that nearly half of these reefs (more than 4,600 square miles or 12,000 square kilometers, or more than five percent of reefs) could disappear forever. That warming trend is expected to continue through the year, leading to what may be the longest global coral bleaching event in history.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/03/160321-coral-bleaching-great-barrier-reef-climate-change/

>Meanwhile both arctic and antarctic sea ice are at record low levels for the season.

Monday: Lies, all lies! Here's an email from an Arctic researcher that says "better get this data out there, because it's pretty alarming." See? He's an admitted alarmist, so he must have lied!

Tuesday: OK so maybe there's less ice. But that's NATURAL. We were once all under 500 feet of ice; aren't you glad it all melted? Or do you want to be dead and buried in ice?

Wednesday: OK so maybe it's not natural. Fine, Einstein. But this is all good. Think of the shorter shipping routes and all the new water fish have to swim in! I thought you liked nature.

Thursday: Fine, there may be some problems. But there's nothing we can do about it, so why talk about it?

With regard to "Trumpcare" the R's should try and fail to repeal/replace/improve Obamacare, tell their base that they did their best but those rascally Dems would not cooperate. That puts the hot potato back into the laps of Schumer and company. Obamacare continues to collapse and Dems will retain ownership.

billvon

>Meanwhile both arctic and antarctic sea ice are at record low levels for the season.

Monday: Lies, all lies! Here's an email from an Arctic researcher that says "better get this data out there, because it's pretty alarming." See? He's an admitted alarmist, so he must have lied!

Tuesday: OK so maybe there's less ice. But that's NATURAL. We were once all under 500 feet of ice; aren't you glad it all melted? Or do you want to be dead and buried in ice?

Wednesday: OK so maybe it's not natural. Fine, Einstein. But this is all good. Think of the shorter shipping routes and all the new water fish have to swim in! I thought you liked nature.

Thursday: Fine, there may be some problems. But there's nothing we can do about it, so why talk about it?

What about smoking Bill, what about smoking? Usually your straw man constructs involve tobacco.

kallend

Meanwhile both arctic and antarctic sea ice are at record low levels for the season.

OMG all of that melting sea ice will surely seal the fate of coastal communities across the globe!!! Hair on fire, hair on fire. It hasn't been this awful since 1928!

>With regard to "Trumpcare" the R's should try and fail to repeal/replace/improve
>Obamacare, tell their base that they did their best but those rascally Dems would
>not cooperate. That puts the hot potato back into the laps of Schumer and company.
>Obamacare continues to collapse and Dems will retain ownership.

Probably the best outcome. The republicans are shown to be liars and con artists, and tens of millions of people keep their coverage.

brenthutch

Meanwhile both arctic and antarctic sea ice are at record low levels for the season.

OMG all of that melting sea ice will surely seal the fate of coastal communities across the globe!!! Hair on fire, hair on fire. It hasn't been this awful since 1928!

If you say so.

I'd be more concerned about the melting glaciers, since they actually do affect sea level.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

If you say so.

I'd be more concerned about the melting glaciers, since they actually do affect sea level.

From your article

"In November, sea ice in the Arctic and Antarctic was at record low levels for this time of year due to climate change. The more the ice melts, the higher global sea levels will rise."

As we all (should) know, sea ice has no impact on sea levels.

Knowing your scientific world view is informed by CNN explains a lot. I suppose you subscribe to USA Today as well.