nolhtairt

Electoral College voters who didn't vote for Trump or Clinton

I found this funny. Never mind the fact the voters in Washington state got fined for not casting their vote for Clinton, what I noticed is that Trump only had two electoral votes meant for him, go elsewhere.

Clinton had FIVE. The four in Washington state and one in Hawaii. What happened to all the drama hyped up that there might be some electoral college revolts against Trump? :D

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/4-washington-state-electors-to-be-fined-dollar1000-for-vote/ar-BBxtdhv?li=BBnbfcL

What happened to all the drama hyped up that there might be some electoral college revolts against Trump?

Most sane people do not believe the actual fake news that is dictated to us daily.

Hence Trump becoming president and all of Obama's promises becoming bullshit.

Not that there is much hope in Trump, but he does deserve the benefit of the doubt.

>Hence Trump becoming president and all of Obama's promises becoming bullshit.

Politifact is tracking what promises Obama made and which promises he broke. Score as of today:

Kept 48%
Compromise 27%
Broke 25%

We'll see how Trump does - given that he's already welching.

billvon

Politifact is tracking what promises Obama made and which promises he broke. Score as of today:

Kept 48%
Compromise 27%
Broke 25%

There ought to be a line in the mix somewhere that says something to the effect of, "was prevented by stonewalling by the GOP."

I mean, you know, just to be factual.

Obama promised to close Gitmo, but I certainly don't think that should be held against him all things considered. What prevented him from keeping the promise (and a few others like it) was the GOP plain and simple.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Politifact is tracking what promises Obama made and which promises he broke. Score as of today:

Kept 48%
Compromise 27%
Broke 25%

There ought to be a line in the mix somewhere that says something to the effect of, "was prevented by stonewalling by the GOP."

Obama promised to close Gitmo, but I certainly don't think that should be held against him all things considered. What prevented him from keeping the promise (and a few others like it) was the GOP plain and simple.

Gitmo was/is used as a holding and interrogation center to get as much intel out of them to capture others and prevent further acts of terror against the US and its allies. I support keeping the anti terror measures going in some way. Maybe not at Gitmo though. There are other facilities just as secure that could be used. But Gitmo as a military base was already established before Castro led the revolution against the old government...

nolhtairt

******Politifact is tracking what promises Obama made and which promises he broke. Score as of today:

Kept 48%
Compromise 27%
Broke 25%

Gitmo was/is used as a holding and interrogation center to get as much intel out of them to capture others and prevent further acts of terror against the US and its allies. I support keeping the anti terror measures going in some way. Maybe not at Gitmo though. There are other facilities just as secure that could be used. But Gitmo as a military base was already established before Castro led the revolution against the old government...

I support moving the prisoners from Gitmo to U.S. territory. The only options I recommend are either Attu or Kiska.

nolhtairt

******Politifact is tracking what promises Obama made and which promises he broke. Score as of today:

Kept 48%
Compromise 27%
Broke 25%

Gitmo was used because it's not US territory, so the government could do what it wanted without those pesky "laws" getting in the way.
If the detainees at Gitmo were in the US, they would have either been tried or freed a long time ago.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

>I support moving the prisoners from Gitmo to U.S. territory. The only options I recommend are
>either Attu or Kiska.

Works for me. (Although I suspect you would not like the results of that, once you thought it through.)

Yeah, I'm familiar with the ramifications, but I find the short term scenario to be amusing.

I have a problem with Gitmo from the standpoint that, if you want to wear the white hat, you have to follow the rules. Much though I would personally prefer it if everyone at Gitmo had succumbed to a horrible, debilitating and lethal illness they contracted while doing their terrorist thing, avoiding international law because they are simply awful people does not fly.

About the only way that they could be treated that would address their penchant for recidivism is to subject them to complete sex change and release them. Anyone who finds a problem with that would then incur the wrath of the SJWs to whom any hint of misogyny, homophobia, transphobia or whatever is blasphemy ("what's wrong with being a trans woman?!").

Going back home as women kind of ruins the whole martyrdom process, so it would server the end purpose in an amusing kind of way.

If the U.S. is going to ignore international law, they should take a more results-oriented approach. Limbo in Gitmo is both counterproductive and expensive as hell.

BSBD,

Winsor

I have a problem with Gitmo from the standpoint that, if you want to wear the white hat, you have to follow the rules. Much though I would personally prefer it if everyone at Gitmo had succumbed to a horrible, debilitating and lethal illness they contracted while doing their terrorist thing, avoiding international law because they are simply awful people does not fly.

I agree with the overall sentiment, though you do seem to be glossing over the point that a significant number of people at Gitmo never were doing any terrorist thing - which is pretty much the main reason for needing due process in the first place.

Anyone who finds a problem with that would then incur the wrath of the SJWs to whom any hint of misogyny, homophobia, transphobia or whatever is blasphemy ("what's wrong with being a trans woman?!").

Everyone misunderstands the SJWs[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

winsor

***Everyone misunderstands the SJWs[:/]

SJWs are understood, which is precisely why they are subject to universal loathing and well earned contempt.

The term is a practically meaningless attempt at denigrating people with views that others oppose. It's merely another example of the mean pettiness that many right wingers exhibit.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Ha, oh God forbid that people should take issue with those who steamroll morality for what they see as the greater good.

CIA botched the job with the Gitmo detainees, FBI warned them. Now we have people who have confessed to everything from the Kennedy assassination to that one bad season of Lost and since they didn't follow due process in collecting evidence we have no way to prosecute them. -Regurgitated from the writings of FBI agent Ali Soufan.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

winsor

***Everyone misunderstands the SJWs[:/]

SJWs are understood,
Not by you though, obviously.

which is precisely why they are subject to universal loathing and well earned contempt.

The things you imagine they do are why they are subject to loathing? That's not exactly fair, is it?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?