normiss

This is how wars are started

quade

One of the things a lot of plutocrats miss when swapping donations for ambassadorships is, in history, there are a lot of dead ambassadors.

US list: http://www.afsa.org/afsa-memorial-plaque-list

And also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qR0Uke2XNI;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

One of the things a lot of plutocrats miss when swapping donations for ambassadorships is, in history, there are a lot of dead ambassadors.

A crappy $4 million euro suitcase to Putin gets you Turkey. If he hadn't been so cheap he could have got Switzerland.

There is a Russian saying:
The thief who stole an altyn (3 kopecks) is hung, and the one who stole a poltinnik (50 kopecks) is praised. A kopeck is 1/100 of a ruble.

They say that patriotism is the last refuge
To which a scoundrel clings
Steal a little and they throw you in jail
Steal a lot and they make you king

-- Bob Dylan, "Sweetheart Like You"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Turkey, by Turkish cop

Holy balls man, I really hope Russia doesn't get too upset by this, I think they already feel they can do as they please anywhere on the planet without opposition or complaint.
If they make a military strike against Turkey, we're all fucked.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-ambassador-shooting-turkey-nato-security-services-andrey-karlov-a7485296.html

So, here we sit with a NATO member on the political defensive and bullshit stories swirling that this was something perpetrated by NATO and "The West". How are we all feeling about the person who is going to be dealing with this ordeal?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

skycop

Gavrilo Princip?

Wow,
We finally had the same thought, I feel so cheap............:P

No kidding, the only difference is that Russia is already conducting unrestricted warfare on the people represented by the perpetrator of this murder.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher