rushmc

The FBI Reopens The Criminal Investigation Into Hillary's Private Server!

ryoder

If he were a doctor, James Comey would call you and say, "I have the results of your blood work," and then hang up.
-- Andy Borowitz
:D

Disagree.

He doesn't even have the results. It's all innuendo.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Stumpy

I'd hope most voters with half a brain would see this for the political move it so clearly is.

It's a boy cries wolf thing. Anything between now and Tuesday (and pretty much the last couple weeks for that matter) from either side is likely just best ignored.

It's pretty clear that no line exists that politicians are willing to cross.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kallend

***If he were a doctor, James Comey would call you and say, "I have the results of your blood work," and then hang up.
-- Andy Borowitz

Disagree.

Like all women accusing Trump?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Like all women accusing Trump?

I wasn't aware all women accused Trump! I thought there were only 12. I'll have to ask some co-workers.

It's been about 20 minutes since you've insulted Trump supporters. I wonder where you been
Abraham Lincoln

It's been about 20 minutes since you've insulted Trump supporters. I wonder where you been

My turn. Trump supporters don't really need to be insulted. Just calling them that is insulting enough.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

***If he were a doctor, James Comey would call you and say, "I have the results of your blood work," and then hang up.
-- Andy Borowitz

Disagree.

He has probable cause, enough that a judge agreed and granted a warrant for further investigation.

>He has probable cause, enough that a judge agreed and granted a warrant
>for further investigation.

Looks like the justice department is going to take Comey out behind the woodshed for trying to interfere with an election.
==============================
NYT October 31 at 7:51 PM

The Justice Department moved Monday to quell the outrage and frenetic speculation surrounding FBI Director James B. Comey’s disclosure last week that the bureau has resumed its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server after discovering a new trove of emails.

The department signaled that it now wants the politically charged investigation to follow standard procedures, including a strict limit on official comments about the probe and the provision of updates to Congress through routine channels.

But after Comey’s highly unusual disclosure last week rocked the final days of the presidential campaign, it may prove impossible for Justice to lower the temperature and regain control over how the investigation is conducted and depicted to the public.

On Monday, criticism of Comey continued to mount, notably from prominent former law enforcement officials. Democrats and Republicans alike on Capitol Hill amplified their demands that Comey and Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch provide a more detailed account of the investigation into the emails, which were found on a computer belonging to former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) earlier this fall.
. . .

Justice officials said there will be no further statements or news conferences about the Clinton investigation until it is completed. . . .

Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, wrote Comey Monday saying that the disclosure provided to Congress last week “did not go far enough” and was unfair to Congress, the American people and Clinton.

“In the absence of additional, authoritative information from the FBI in the wake of your vague disclosure, Congress and the American people are left to sift through anonymous leaks from Justice Department officials to the press of varying levels of detail, reliability, and consistency,” Grassley wrote. “The American people deserve better than that.” . . .

" . .. the fact remains that the Director’s disclosure has invited considerable, uninformed public speculation about the significance of newly-discovered material just days before a national election,” the group wrote. . . .

Comey set off a firestorm Friday by telling the chairmen of eight congressional committees that the FBI would take “appropriate investigative steps” to determine whether newly discovered emails found in an unrelated investigation contain classified information and to assess whether they are relevant to the investigation involving Clinton’s private email server. The unrelated case was an investigation of Weiner, who is accused of having explicit exchanges with a 15-year-old girl. Weiner is the estranged husband of top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

Justice officials have said that before Comey notified Congress, they warned him that doing so would go against long-standing practices of the department not to comment on ongoing investigations and not to take steps that could be viewed as influencing an election.. . .

Comey’s disclosure about the Clinton probe is particularly striking, some U.S. officials said, because he had advised against the administration publicly accusing Russia of trying to meddle in the 2016 election because it would seem too political too close to Election Day. Comey eventually supported the administration’s Oct. 7 denunciation, which alluded to hacks of Democratic Party organizations, as long as it did not have the FBI’s name on it, officials said. His desire to keep the FBI out of the announcement stemmed from several concerns, including a wish not to appear biased as the bureau conducted a probe into Russian hacking, they said. Comey’s position was first reported by CNBC.
===========

"If Mr. Comey had sat on the information — with part of the country already voting in the presidential election — he would have not only made the F.B.I. more of a target for partisan fury, but also made himself a target for future House investigations, since he had testified under oath that the F.B.I. had completed its Clinton email investigation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/opinion/why-clintons-emails-matter.html?_r=0

If Mr. Comey had sat on the information — with part of the country already voting in the presidential election — he would have not only made the F.B.I. more of a target for partisan fury, but also made himself a target for future House investigations, since he had testified under oath that the F.B.I. had completed its Clinton email investigation.

Ah. So sitting on information detrimental to Trump - fine, nothing wrong here, he's just following the law.

Sitting on information detrimental to Clinton - he has an OBLIGATION to break the law to drive her poll numbers down! Otherwise he might get in trouble for screwing up his own investigation.

So we will put you down as opposing the rule of law when it helps your candidate.

billvon

>A great example of "shooting the messenger."

Given that he previously refused to release evidence that Putin is helping Trump because he didn't want to influence the election towards Clinton, he's basically shot himself.

It appears you need to find another talking point...DNC will contact you shortly with additional lies to spread.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

billvon

>What is more important, departmental norms, or the rule of law?

The rule of law, of course. Which is why Comey is in hot water right now.

And Hillary should be in court defending herself against the crimes we KNOW she has committed.
Abraham Lincoln

>And Hillary should be in court defending herself against the crimes we KNOW she
>has committed.

Funny, even the FBI couldn't find anything to charge her with. I advise you to call the FBI immediately and give them all the evidence that you KNOW will convict her.

Meanwhile, Trump has been charged with fraud. His fraud trial is on Nov 28th, and his hearing for the rape of a 13 year old is in December.

Funny, even the FBI couldn't find anything to charge her with. I advise you to call the FBI immediately and give them all the evidence that you KNOW will convict her.

LOL, Bill I'd be careful with these kind of comments. I realize that you are a lot lot John...stir the pot.....and it's great to support your women....

But I'd be surprised if they didn't have something now. I personally don't believe it was done to just drive her numbers down. I don't think they will drop enough to get Trump elected. (thats fine with me) To me this is all about AFTER the election and CYA
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

billvon

If Mr. Comey had sat on the information — with part of the country already voting in the presidential election — he would have not only made the F.B.I. more of a target for partisan fury, but also made himself a target for future House investigations, since he had testified under oath that the F.B.I. had completed its Clinton email investigation.

Ah. So sitting on information detrimental to Trump - fine, nothing wrong here, he's just following the law.

Sitting on information detrimental to Clinton - he has an OBLIGATION to break the law to drive her poll numbers down! Otherwise he might get in trouble for screwing up his own investigation.

So we will put you down as opposing the rule of law when it helps your candidate.

Trump is NOT my candidate, I challenge you to find anything other than negative comments on Trump by me.