jclalor

What's Aleppo?

gowlerk

The story of Aleppo has been ongoing for much longer than just the famous picture of the 5 year old. Sure, not everyone listens to the news and is aware of what is going on in the world outside the borders of their country. But when it comes to a somewhat serious candidate for POTUS, "you're kidding" does say it all.

I went to Aleppo in 2006, it is an incredible city, I was really hoping to be able to go back. Aleppo is the longest continually inhabited city in the world, five to six thousand years. it's souk had been in continual operation since the 14th century, only to have to close during the war. I was able to stay at the baron hotel, 100 years ago it was the nicest hotel in the Middle East. I was able to stay in the room where Agatha Christie wrote part of "Murder on the Orien Express", they had T.E. Lawrence's unpaid bar bill under glass at the front desk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Hotel

RonD1120

Clear sign to vote for Drumpf/Pence.

So you're voting based on a candidates ability to deliver a coherent answer? HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah HAHHAHAAaa HAaa a/HAAAHHAa ajahhhahhahaaahahahahahah
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

jclalor

***Clear sign to vote for Drumpf/Pence.

I absolutely understand your desire to usher in end times as soon as possible.

He hasn't been hording ammo in his basement to NOT mow down the negro, Mexican, and immigrant mobs when they flee the cities and come to steal all the god fearing white women.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******Clear sign to vote for Drumpf/Pence.

I absolutely understand your desire to usher in end times as soon as possible.

He hasn't been hording ammo in his basement to NOT mow down the negro, Mexican, and immigrant mobs when they flee the cities and come to steal all the god fearing white women.

Do you understand viable targets of opportunity? We don't use those classifications. We look for specific targets.

Seriously, I just playing along with your fantasy. You have no clue what we are about. My wife and I just spent the afternoon in fellowship and prayer, with another couple from our church, for the sick and infirm in our church.

We are under attack right now. Several of our close friends have been hit and wounded. We have identified the enemy responsible and we are loosing the hounds of heaven.

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

I'm just a truck driver from Canada, not a potential POTUS. But I know that Aleppo is currently the scene of some of the greatest human misery going on in Syria and has been for well over a year. You can not listen to any news of international affairs and not know this. It definitely says something about the man that he does not pay attention to what is in the news.

I wouldn't know the reference either, and my grasp of foreign geography is well above average, and my college study focused on international use of force. Based on the other replies, once clarified that it was re Syria, the man answered the question no? Isn't that really what you want to know? Seems as daft as spending 10 of 30 minutes of the Commander in Chief interview on email and then ask HC to quickly answer how to deal with Isis.

Same way I can't be bothered if Herman Cain didn't know the leader of 'Ubeki beki stan stan.' I barely acknowledge the existence of most of these FSRs. If that man had won the nomination, I'd have wanted him spending his time on the 9-9-9 stuff.

We could talk about the illegal nuclear weapons program that Israel bombed out of existence a few years ago, but I couldn't tell you the town in Syria for that either. Does it matter?

normiss

From the way you say that, I really hope animal control takes care of those hounds.
Loose animals are a danger to public safety.

Sorry your friends got hit and I hope they get better soon.

Thanks.

We are under attack but it is spiritual and we know how to focus and fight.

As far as DJL's fantasy goes, we believe that when SHTF occurs the inner city rats will kill each other off. They are not likely to reach the city limits. As the food supply runs low they will fight for candy bars.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***From the way you say that, I really hope animal control takes care of those hounds.
Loose animals are a danger to public safety.

Sorry your friends got hit and I hope they get better soon.

Thanks.

We are under attack but it is spiritual and we know how to focus and fight.

As far as DJL's fantasy goes, we believe that when SHTF occurs the inner city rats will kill each other off. They are not likely to reach the city limits. As the food supply runs low they will fight for candy bars.

"The inner city rats"

I'm embarrassed for you.

jclalor

"The inner city rats"

I'm embarrassed for you.

I understand your reaction. I had a similar feeling when you expressed outrage over people praying for the children on your ward.

Here is an example of inner city types. They appear to have made it outside the city limits.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/south-fulton-county/missing-metro-atlanta-mans-car-found-wrecked-in-chicago/442057580

jclalor

"The inner city rats"

I'm embarrassed for you.

I understand your reaction. I had a similar feeling when you expressed outrage over people praying for the children on your ward.

Refresh my memory?

Your comments on that issue have always stuck with me as if seared into my brain. They tend to be some of my first thoughts anytime I see a sick child in the hospital or when I see a chaplain walking the halls. I have to say that those words had an effect on me - I don't think I'll ever forget em.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

"The inner city rats"

I'm embarrassed for you.

Refresh my memory?

Your comments on that issue have always stuck with me as if seared into my brain. They tend to be some of my first thoughts anytime I see a sick child in the hospital or when I see a chaplain walking the halls. I have to say that those words had an effect on me - I don't think I'll ever forget em.

I've worked in a hospital with sick and dying kids for 13 years. I did post my outrage at a group of Christians that come in once a year, gather the kids up, who are all pretty much Quads on ventlators and then pray out loud that only God can let them walk again, if the kids pray hard enough.

The next time you see a fucked up six year old kid in a wheel chair, you go tell them that God can heal them, they just need to pray harder.

One of the kids I'm really close to, told me after one of these church visits, that if god would let him walk again, he would never complain about having to do chores again, he would do them all day long.

So just perhaps, me being pissed at people praying for sick children has to be put into perspective.

Those are some of the same people that let their kids die while waiting on that god dude to answer their prayers.
It's a laughably horrible way to treat and teach your children, especially while the doctors are doing the work to heal them.
I'm always confused on the prayer thing anyway, pretty special kind of person trying to change their god's will. He clearly wants children to suffer.
:S

normiss

Those are some of the same people that let their kids die while waiting on that god dude to answer their prayers.
It's a laughably horrible way to treat and teach your children, especially while the doctors are doing the work to heal them.
I'm always confused on the prayer thing anyway, pretty special kind of person trying to change their god's will. He clearly wants children to suffer.

I'm always fascinated watching a group of people praying out loud before a surgery; "Please lord, may your hand guide the surgeon's hand during this delicate operation."

If that's the case, a drunk hobo could do the surgery.

Talk about thread drift.:P

jclalor

I'm always fascinated watching a group of people praying out loud before a surgery; "Please lord, may your hand guide the surgeon's hand during this delicate operation."

This might be the solution to not only the healthcare crisis but the homeless epedemic too:

Faith Based Healthcare
No schoolin' needed cuz God's doin' it

:P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

jclalor

I did post my outrage at a group of Christians that come in once a year, gather the kids up, who are all pretty much Quads on ventlators and then pray out loud that only God can let them walk again, if the kids pray hard enough.

That probably has more to do with how you interpreted the situation, rather than what they actually said.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***I did post my outrage at a group of Christians that come in once a year, gather the kids up, who are all pretty much Quads on ventlators and then pray out loud that only God can let them walk again, if the kids pray hard enough.

That probably has more to do with how you interpreted the situation, rather than what they actually said.

It doesn't matter what they said. Prayers don't help. send money and professional health care workers. Prayers are no more effective than any other placebo. And making sick kids feel guilty about being sick is just plain evil.

Like "conversion therapy". Just plain evil as well.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Coreeece

***I did post my outrage at a group of Christians that come in once a year, gather the kids up, who are all pretty much Quads on ventlators and then pray out loud that only God can let them walk again, if the kids pray hard enough.

There really wasn't anything that could be misinterpreted, and it's not like I was the only one that noticed. I do understand that a room full of Handicapped kids is a really tough crowd, but sometimes, words really do matter.

jclalor

***Those are some of the same people that let their kids die while waiting on that god dude to answer their prayers.

To continue the drift, up to 440,000 Pts/yr die from medical mistreatment, including surgery. It is the third leading cause of death in America.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

But, you know that. You just don't like scared people seeking solace in their faith. You would rather them simply wait and read an old copy of People magazine.