skycop

The actual truth gaining some traction

skycop

They act as if the actual truth is a big surprise, but then again it is MSNBC.

http://haywardpoa.com/news-events/hpoa-news/the-state-of-policing-in-america-reported-by-msnbc

The "Truth" isn't newsworthy.

It only interferes with sensationalism.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That is excellent. What we need now is for that 99% decide to stop protecting the other1%. That will only happen if we insist that it happens.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

skycop

That is a fallacy as well, they don't.
Are there instances? Sure there are, but doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. cover for each other as well, I bet in much greater numbers.

First you say they don't.

Then you say that they do, but it is fine cause it happens in other professions as well.

Not sure how you believe that police officers not reporting their colleagues is a fallacy.

skycop

That is a fallacy as well, they don't.
Are there instances? Sure there are, but doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. cover for each other as well, I bet in much greater numbers.

Why in much greater numbers?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's estimated there are as high as 25,000 medical malpractice deaths in the U.S., how many if those are prosecuted criminally?

It's interesting the usual crowd assumes things, like I think police misconduct is okay, because it happens in other professions.
I acknowledged it happens, it's naive to think it doesn't.
I merely say it's not nearly as prevalent as media reports claim it to be.
I've provided that data.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Hi skycop,

It's estimated there are as high as 25,000 medical malpractice deaths in the U.S., how many if those are prosecuted criminally?

Do you have any idea of what 'prove it' means?

It means finding a citation to support your thoughts/comments.

How about giving it try and then getting back to us?

Jerry Baumchen

Do you have any idea of what 'prove it' means?

It means finding a citation to support your thoughts/comments.

It's funny,
I've posted here several times about the number of police contacts vs. the number of controversial incidents.
It was called cherry picking the numbers by a pro-police source.
Then I found mainstream media (surprisingly) source that looks at the numbers and sees the same thing. Then acts surprised about it, using stereotypes as the base of facts.

"You know over 90% of cops never fire their guns", like it's some revelation.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/02/26/southern-indiana-teacher-arrested-meth-class/80987752/

All teachers are drug using assholes right?

Do I have the stats of other occupations, nope I don't.
They could only hope to have their reliability rates at over 99%.
But to the detractors it doesn't matter, it's the same spew of the same stuff. Except currently much is based on outright lies and misinformation.

There was a story done by I think ABC news around 2000, they set up cops by having people pretend to have found a lost wallet. The wallets had money in them, and were turned into officers on the street of New York. They interviewed regular people on what they thought the results would be. Most people said it would be around 50% of the wallets being turned in intact.
They did it several times over several days, the actual results, 100% of the wallets turned in, with 100% of the money intact. ABC actually admitted they were surprised by the results.
I've been trying to find the story, but I can't, I saw it in a class many years ago.

Hi skycop,

Ok, let's try this; you posted: 'Sure there are, but doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. cover for each other as well, I bet in much greater numbers.'

This is what I am asking you to prove; not something regarding LEO's and their firing or not firing their guns.

Put up or stay quiet.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi skycop,

Ok, let's try this; you posted: 'Sure there are, but doctors, lawyers, judges, etc. cover for each other as well, I bet in much greater numbers.'

This is what I am asking you to prove; not something regarding LEO's and their firing or not firing their guns.

Put up or stay quiet.

Does that mean you're taking his bet?

Let's make it interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwMtN6fLMZ4
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Put up or stay quiet.

I did, I've shown the numbers regarding contacts vs. complaints.

I Googled "stats to satisfy police detractors in the speakers corner of dropzone.com" and it told me to check out the stats posted.

Plus I said I bet, if you can find them, feel free.
Every vocation has it's losers, crooks and dipshits.
We had an incident in our area of widespread medicare fraud, involving several doctors and a local hospital.
Does that make all doctors and hospitals suspect?
These people are in a position of trust.

Just because you don't like what I'm saying, doesn't mean I'm going to be quiet. And I'm the closed minded one?

JerryBaumchen

Hi skycop,

Put up or stay quiet.

Jerry Baumchen

I'll state for a fact that OVER 99.1% of lawyers cover for each other. Doctors I'm guessing is substantially less than that percentage. It's difficult to get doctors to testify against other doctors. But push comes to shove they will seldom commit perjury to protect another.

When the attitude of a organization is its "us against them". them being outsiders. The propensity to protect the group becomes more prevalent.

Medical malpractice is usually a mistake or error in practice, not a crime in itself. Its a mistake committed by a medical practitioner thats not up to the standards of the profession.

The problem with LEO is that its a shitty job. They deal face to face with victims and its easy to take the "law" into your own hands. To apply "justice" yourself to level the playing field.Be it in the streets or the courts. Its almost a byproduct of the propensity of the accused to lie and make unwarranted counter-accusations to avoid liability for their crimes.Which when successful lets the guilty walk free.

I'm generally pro-LEO and I've seen both sides of that equation.Bad and lazy policing that has cost me allot. Together with professional work that is the norm.

LEO reputations get hurt by unwarranted shootings and the deaths of suspects that seem undeserving.Frequently trials take place where bystanders testify wrongly that the LEO was unwarranted in shooting.Sometimes telling barefaced lies against LEO because of deeply ingrained hatred and distrust of LEO, within that local community.

But when the police cover up each others unlawful conduct public trust is destroyed.

Phil1111

***Hi skycop,

Put up or stay quiet.

Jerry Baumchen

I'll state for a fact that OVER 99.1% of lawyers cover for each other. Doctors I'm guessing is substantially less than that percentage. It's difficult to get doctors to testify against other doctors. But push comes to shove they will seldom commit perjury to protect another.

When the attitude of a organization is its "us against them". them being outsiders. The propensity to protect the group becomes more prevalent.

Medical malpractice is usually a mistake or error in practice, not a crime in itself. Its a mistake committed by a medical practitioner thats not up to the standards of the profession.

The problem with LEO is that its a shitty job. They deal face to face with victims and its easy to take the "law" into your own hands. To apply "justice" yourself to level the playing field.Be it in the streets or the courts. Its almost a byproduct of the propensity of the accused to lie and make unwarranted counter-accusations to avoid liability for their crimes.Which when successful lets the guilty walk free.

I'm generally pro-LEO and I've seen both sides of that equation.Bad and lazy policing that has cost me allot. Together with professional work that is the norm.

LEO reputations get hurt by unwarranted shootings and the deaths of suspects that seem undeserving.Frequently trials take place where bystanders testify wrongly that the LEO was unwarranted in shooting.Sometimes telling barefaced lies against LEO because of deeply ingrained hatred and distrust of LEO, within that local community.

But when the police cover up each others unlawful conduct public trust is destroyed.

And when the media sensationalized it - perception becomes reality I some minds.

Some kids know the difference.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun