kallend

Another feel-good Christmas gun story

JerryBaumchen

Are you trying to insinuate that this article is poppycock?

Oh no, don't be ridiculous. Just another feel good day in the USA. I managed to kill off 6 of my annoying in-laws while cleaning out my j-frame.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

And another: www.wtvm.com/story/30854161/police-mother-mistakes-daughter-as-intruder-shoots-her

In the USA, according to FBI data, you are more likely to be shot by a family member than by an intruder, and more likely to be shot with a gun owned by a household or family member than by an intruder's gun. This is especially true for females. And being killed by terrorists is so far down the list of risks as to be negligible.

Not that mere facts should affect anyone's macho opinions.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

One of our local gun stores is selling all guns at cost tomorrow from 1000-1900. They are taxed on inventory 1 Jan 2016.

I am going shopping.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

From the linked article:
"A mother in central Florida mistook her daughter for an intruder and shot her to death, police said Wednesday.

The mother was asleep when she heard someone enter her home late Tuesday, St. Cloud police Sgt. Denise Roberts said Wednesday. The mother told police she heard footsteps approaching quickly so she fired a single shot.

She then discovered the person was her 27-year-old daughter, according to a news release from police."

"At this time, the incident appears to be an accidental shooting," the news release said."

Maybe Coreeece will also share some of his Poppycock with Mom.

I don't see how this could be considered an "accidental shooting". Mom pointed her gun and pulled the trigger. The consequence was entirely predictable. Perhaps the target was not who Mom was anticipating, but the shooting was quite deliberate.

Don

RonD1120

One of our local gun stores is selling all guns at cost tomorrow from 1000-1900. They are taxed on inventory 1 Jan 2016.

I am going shopping.

Is that what you think Jesus would do?

Don

GeorgiaDon

***One of our local gun stores is selling all guns at cost tomorrow from 1000-1900. They are taxed on inventory 1 Jan 2016.

I am going shopping.

Don

What does Jesus have against blowout sales and bargain hunting - Thou shalt pay retail?

Also, why are you using religion to control Ron's behavior?

GeorgiaDon

***One of our local gun stores is selling all guns at cost tomorrow from 1000-1900. They are taxed on inventory 1 Jan 2016.

I am going shopping.

Don

Well, Jesus doesn't need a weapon. But, yeah, He instructs His disciples to be prepared.

Luke 22:36

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******One of our local gun stores is selling all guns at cost tomorrow from 1000-1900. They are taxed on inventory 1 Jan 2016.

I am going shopping.

Don

Well, Jesus doesn't need a weapon. But, yeah, He instructs His disciples to be prepared.

Luke 22:36

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
NSFW link deleted.
Do not post such links. Your one warning.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

GeorgiaDon

I am going shopping.

Don

Jesus saves. Moses invests.

Jesus was a Jew, so he would not pass up a bargain.

"Thank God for goyim - who else would pay retail?"

RonD1120

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

It takes more than that to offend me. But it lowers my opinion of the poster. I don't see any reason or justification for the comment or the link.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

It takes more than that to offend me. But it lowers my opinion of the poster. I don't see any reason or justification for the comment or the link.

My new tablet has an 18+ warning to "protect the innocent," lol. Apparently I have to disable an adult filter. I've never seen any disclaimer like that on this site before. Congrats John, you broke SC.

The post was edited with a sly warning included. I believe that is called liberal justice.

The best to you and yours for 2016.

I am not optimistic. I will try to keep all advised as I learn of or suspect hard rain coming. I plan to check out some other forums for information. The SC remains a good forum for sampling general opinion.

BTW, my new sword is a Glock 23.