jclalor

Police shoot six year old five times in the head and chest

At least this part is an example of the system working right:

"Norris Greenhouse Jr., 23, and Derrick Stafford, 32, were charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder . . . . As of Saturday evening, Stafford and Greenhouse were being held at the Avoyelles Parish Detention Center in Cottonport, about 10 miles from Marksville."

No "but the driver was a dangerous thug; it's his fault" or "those officers just wanted to go home to their families at night, so you gotta cut them some slack." Maybe the public pressure to hold police accountable for their actions is having an effect.

billvon

At least this part is an example of the system working right:

No "but the driver was a dangerous thug; it's his fault" or "those officers just wanted to go home to their families at night, so you gotta cut them some slack." Maybe the public pressure to hold police accountable for their actions is having an effect.

Well, this time it was black officers shooting a white child.'

Iago

***Title should read. Cops shoot at suspects vehicle in a vehicle pursuit and hit 6 year old they did not know was inside. Misleading at best.

I await with baited breath the officer's explanation of why they were pursuing and discharging firearms in the general public at said vehicle.

Stock answer... they feared for their lives... don't you think they deserve to go home at the end of their watch??[:/]

Why do you hate the police so much???

I'm sure the organization will investigate themselves and find no evidence of any violations.

Ummm........
There are serious felony charges against the two officers. If you are going to rant, rant factually.
Sounds like a similar situation to the one in Cincinnati. If it is there really isn't a logical explanation for going 0-100 so fast.

In some cases poor judgment or a bad decision can lead to criminal charges in this line of work. However something tells me there is more to this whole situation, and it's not going to be in the officers favor.

In the case in Cincinnati the officers instincts were right, but his decision making was criminally negligent IMHO.
The state there is going to have a hard time getting a murder conviction.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Hi Boyz and Gurlz.......
South (Swamp, Gators', Crawfish Cajuns' and other creatures of unrecognized origin) Louisiana!! There was "Issues" between the Cops and the "Shot!!" The kid was "Co-lateral" Damage!! 'Got the cops n a heap of deep Swamp water for not being more accurate with their shot placement!! Not unlikely as they don't go to the range but once a year and only put 20 or so rounds "down range" and only have to hit the "Side of the Barn!!!!"........from "Inside!!"
Geez Louise!!!, I go to the "Range" at least twice a month, put at least 100 to 150 rounds, "down Range" and I like to make it interesting!! The Concealed Carry Class only has to shoot at a Max of 15 feet.....closest I shoot is "Forty Five Feet!!!!" Got that and I generally keep all my rounds within 5 to 7 inches of Dead Center all 360 degrees!!
I'll take one or two targets out to the 60 foot mark just for drill also.
Thess cop guys are Bad Shots!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skybill

Hi Boyz and Gurlz.......
South (Swamp, Gators', Crawfish Cajuns' and other creatures of unrecognized origin) Louisiana!! There was "Issues" between the Cops and the "Shot!!" The kid was "Co-lateral" Damage!! 'Got the cops n a heap of deep Swamp water for not being more accurate with their shot placement!! Not unlikely as they don't go to the range but once a year and only put 20 or so rounds "down range" and only have to hit the "Side of the Barn!!!!"........from "Inside!!"
Geez Louise!!!, I go to the "Range" at least twice a month, put at least 100 to 150 rounds, "down Range" and I like to make it interesting!! The Concealed Carry Class only has to shoot at a Max of 15 feet.....closest I shoot is "Forty Five Feet!!!!" Got that and I generally keep all my rounds within 5 to 7 inches of Dead Center all 360 degrees!!
I'll take one or two targets out to the 60 foot mark just for drill also.
Thess cop guys are Bad Shots!!!!

So much misinformation and speculation.