rushmc

"Ooops! New NASA study: Antarctica isn’t losing ice mass after all !"

cvfd1399

You dont post in here often so your bias towards posters should be pretty even keel and you seem to be in the know so I will pose this question to you.

We know the climate is changing.
We know that the earths climate has changed in the past.
We know that it has been hotter, colder, wetter, dryer in the past.
We know that man via deforestation, emissions, etc can change the earth on land and in the air.

Knowing all that would you say that this global warming, weather change, whatever you want to call it today is.

1. Normal changing weather patterns as shown in history no man made input affecting it at all.

2. Normal changing weather patterns with a slight bit of man made input helping the change. The change is natural but man because he has been measured to have altered it some he is getting all the wrap for it and in fact its just a normal weather change behind all the politics.

3. All man made changes with a bit of normal global weather change as recorded in scientific ice and dirt samples. Man is the cause mother nature is just adding to it.

4. Man is the entire cause, and the normal earth patterns have not changed a bit. Man is entirely at fault.

This is not a setup for another question, and not some sort of trap. I seriously wonder what the actual answer is. I will leave out what I think the answer is out of the above till later.

Ok does anyone care to share their answer for this too?

I am not a scientist, but I do have a scientist friend who studies this stuff. I think it is partially a natural cycle, but man is definitely making it happen faster and worse. So I would go with 2.5 - some man, some natural.

And if man can help slow it down, it can quite possibly save many lives..

What about the solar cycle it has just peaked. Did the increase in solar activity the last 10 years have to do anything with these increased temps, and if so since it is heading towards solar minimum I will patient, await the excuses for why the temps dropped since it's all mans fault and all.

cvfd1399

What about the solar cycle it has just peaked. Did the increase in solar activity the last 10 years have to do anything with these increased temps

The solar cycle that peaked in 2003 was considerably stronger than this one - so we should be seeing cooling compared to 2003 if the sun is driving temperatures. So far 2015 looks like it will be the warmest year on record by quite a margin.

Great I had to post some sketchy question to get this thread some attention[:/]. Please go up and choose an answer from my question above I would love to hear which one(s) you pick.

And to the above post.
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/rind_03/
Says it does have a measurable effect. Small globally but more in local places. Might be the cause for rain in deserts, and heat in cooler areas?

http://www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu/IASTP/43/ another good read.

>Ok does anyone care to share their answer for this too?

3) above is the closest. The climate changes gradually; it always has, it always will. We are now seeing strong warming above and beyond those natural changes. We know CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and we know that adding an extra 150ppm will increase heat retained by about 1.5 watts per square meter. We are seeing approximately the amount of warming we would expect from that added heat. (We don't know exactly because, of course, the climate is still changing gradually in the background on its own.)

kallend

******Um, yeah. It showed up on my Google News feed.

Hmm

I didn't know that Google News was part of the PAC
Who did they link too?

It was amusing when Rubio used that line in the debate last week. Your repeated parroting of his line is neither original, clever, nor entertaining.

Point made!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/8/republicans-media-bias-claims-boosted-by-scarcity-/

A mere 7 percent of journalists identify as Republicans, and when they do give money to political campaigns they usually donate to Democrats, lending evidence to Republican presidential candidates’ claims that they are facing a hostile audience when they deal with the press.

And their bias clearly shows

You like this so you don't care
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Clearly and excellent example of the unbiased reporting you're looking for:

Among Washington correspondents, the ones who dominate national political coverage, it’s even more skewed, said Tim Groseclose, author of “Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind.” More than 90 percent of D.C. journalists vote Democratic, with an even higher number giving to Democrats or liberal-leaning political action committees, the author said.

Don't you find it ironic that you're using articles from a right leaning news source to prove that all news sources are left leaning?

- Dan G

DanG

Among Washington correspondents, the ones who dominate national political coverage, it’s even more skewed, said Tim Groseclose, author of “Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind.” More than 90 percent of D.C. journalists vote Democratic, with an even higher number giving to Democrats or liberal-leaning political action committees, the author said.

Don't you find it ironic that you're using articles from a right leaning news source to prove that all news sources are left leaning?

As if

DanG

So you despute the assurtion?

Oh never mind. I forget tha the left does not deal with facts
Abraham Lincoln

What's the assurtion (sic)? That the media is a giant left-wing SuperPAC? Absolutely I dispute that. It is ridiculous on its face.

However, the assertion that some media outlets lean left, while some lean right is obviously true.

You only believe news you read on the right leaning sites. What's more, you seem to believe everything you read from a right leaning site, regardless of how crazy it seems. Most other people try to look at the news and the source, and make their best judgement as to the validity.

Either way, this whole thing started when Rubio and Carson didn't want to answer legitimate questions about their past. Now they try to frame all tough questions are leftie witch hunts. It's great political strategy because it fits their base's worldview. It also keeps then from having to deal with all the skeletons they have hidden away. Genius. Shitty and dishonest, but genius.

- Dan G

DanG

What's the assurtion (sic)? That the media is a giant left-wing SuperPAC? Absolutely I dispute that. It is ridiculous on its face.Nope, it is not! And I am not saying that is it because a republican candidate said it. I have been saying it for years here!!!

However, the assertion that some media outlets lean left, while some lean right is obviously true.

You only believe news you read on the right leaning sites. What's more, you seem to believe everything you read from a right leaning site, regardless of how crazy it seems. Most other people try to look at the news and the source, and make their best judgement as to the validity.

Either way, this whole thing started when Rubio and Carson didn't want to answer legitimate questions about their past. Now they try to frame all tough questions are leftie witch hunts. It's great political strategy because it fits their base's worldview. It also keeps then from having to deal with all the skeletons they have hidden away. Genius. Shitty and dishonest, but genius.

And you only believe what you want to believe
So, what is next?
So, you think a question about a clown run campaign is the same the left gives the Dems?

Now look at Carson. Did he mess up or lie? Could be and the media is hammering him about it. Did they do the same for Obama and the 31 known lies in his book? Nah, they talked about a "composite girlfriend.

Oh, again, I forget you think yourself above all of this

Never mind.......
Abraham Lincoln

Another example well fucking framed!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/11/09/wsj-cnn-politico-debunked-anti-carson-bio-attacks-crumble-under-scrutiny/

The racially-motivated DC Media’s rush to ClarenceThomas Republican presidential frontrunner Ben Carson is starting to crumble under scrutiny. As their respective stories are slowly but surely debunked by New Media, naturally, the DC Media is circling the wagons to hide said Crumbling. Politico’s false West Point story is still being bandied about as actual news by CNN and MSNBC. The same is true with the horrible anti-Carson reporting we saw from The Wall Street Journal and CNN.

Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Uses an opinion piece from Breitbart to prove his point.

QED

Actually

Lots of links

Not that you care

Just another avoid the content post from a lefty
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

When the discussion is about media sources, the source is the content.

I'm not a lefty, BTW. Compared to you, everyone is a lefty, but compared to the average Americam I'm pretty darn close to the center.

Your self perceived political position is greatly flawed as evidenced by a multitude of posts on this site

Center??

LMFAO!!
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Believe me, your perception of the world and the real world are not congruous.

Please, what positions of mine do you find terribly left of center?

Terribly?
None
But some?

Same sex marriage
abortion
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

What's the assurtion (sic)? That the media is a giant left-wing SuperPAC? Absolutely I dispute that. It is ridiculous on its face.

Obviously the media is a giant left wing super PAC. Look how many media outlets are owned by lefties like Rupert Murdoch, and compare with the number owned by capitalists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Terribly?
None
But some?

Same sex marriage
abortion

So when you said I was just another lefty, you meant that I'm just another person who has some slightly left of center views on social issues? BTW, my positions are not out of line with the average American. If you think they are, you need to look a little closer at current opinion polls. Most people are pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage these days. Agreeing with most people doesn't make me a lefty.

- Dan G

DanG

Terribly?
None
But some?

Same sex marriage
abortion

So when you said I was just another lefty, you meant that I'm just another person who has some slightly left of center views on social issues? BTW, my positions are not out of line with the average American. If you think they are, you need to look a little closer at current opinion polls. Most people are pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage these days. Agreeing with most people doesn't make me a lefty.

Not talking about agreement
We are talking about a political position

and you are a lefty
just as I am a righty

Neither of us are radical in our positions

Some here are however
Abraham Lincoln

When a majority of Americans agrees with a political position, that position is, by definition, at the center. There might be left or right versions, but you can't say someone is a lefty or a righty without defining where the middle is. Compared to you I'm to the left on many things, but compared to the average person, I am not.

I am not a lefty, but you are most definitely a righty, since you are on the right side of the spectrum on every single issue I can think of.

So, from your perspective, of course the media will appear to be leftist. From a center position, there are media outlets on the left and right.

- Dan G

DanG

When a majority of Americans agrees with a political position, that position is, by definition, at the center. There might be left or right versions, but you can't say someone is a lefty or a righty without defining where the middle is. Compared to you I'm to the left on many things, but compared to the average person, I am not.

I am not a lefty, but you are most definitely a righty, since you are on the right side of the spectrum on every single issue I can think of.

So, from your perspective, of course the media will appear to be leftist. From a center position, there are media outlets on the left and right.

the main stream democratic PAC media are extreme right

and yes, you are a lefty

Why are you afraid of that?
Abraham Lincoln