Driver1

Another mass shooting...

christelsabine

***You are making no sense there bud. Can you rephrase your intended insult about the glock and his problems.

I am not responsible for your comprehension skills. And not your bud.

Just curious, What the fuck is wrong with you and mpohl?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

christelsabine

***You are making no sense there bud. Can you rephrase your intended insult about the glock and his problems.

Well ok then my bad.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

My thoughts exactly and I don't know if the state is doing rechecks every week, month etc during your CCW permit period to see if it is still valid. There has to be something going on behind the scenes for the federal level to accept this type of authorization.

OK offers a 5 year and 10 year. I think you have to start with the 5, the you can renew with the 10 year. No clue how often, or if they run a check to see if there is a reason to revoke them.

I'm trying to conjur up an idea of a gun permit, just not has difficult to get as a CCW (so people don't fight it and it passes in congress), where you can take a Saturday and pick up a free application at your favorite gun shop. Fill in all your info, stop by Walmart and get a $10 passport photo, then take that to the Sherrifs office and give them $15 to finger print you. Leave them you app, photo, prints, and something like a hunter safety course certificate (but just a gun safety class) and a nominal processing fee. They send it in to your state investigative branch (OSBI, or TBI or whatever) and a couple weeks later you get your card.

Either a separate card or an authorization on your drivers license. The idea is to do this at a state level, but all held to the same federal standard. Some states will have to give a little (NY) and some will have to take a little (TX).

When you buy a gun, rather than a paper application and phone in NICS check, scan your card. Just like your drivers license, any disqualifier will automatically put an electronic hold or revocation on your card. Also at random, Fish and Game officer can see you out hunting and spot check you by calling in your card and seeing if it comes back clear, or if you just spent the weekend in the loony bin and they didn't realize you had a legally obtain gun when you were released.

turtlespeed

******You are making no sense there bud. Can you rephrase your intended insult about the glock and his problems.

Just curious, What the fuck is wrong with you and mpohl?

Germans. Even German Shepards have trouble getting along with other breeds.

That sounds like some possibly sensible steps. As long as no one tries to take too many at once, or tries to do ridiculous stuff to ensure that legislation will fail, could be a start.

Absolutely nothing will stop all criminals; but then nothing stops all drunk drivers now.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

That sounds like some possibly sensible steps. As long as no one tries to take too many at once, or tries to do ridiculous stuff to ensure that legislation will fail, could be a start.

Absolutely nothing will stop all criminals; but then nothing stops all drunk drivers now.

Wendy P.

The problem is, as I found out by pitching this to my city wife, gun control advocates see a little light at the end of the tunnel and get a twinkle in their eye, hen they try to grab it and run it into the ground. As the train comes by they want to throw as much shit at it as possible and see what sticks. My reaction was immediate defensive mode. It turns into haggling where I lowball you with lax laws and then let you talk me up to the amount of restriction I'm ok with.

There are ways to close up loopholes and provide better accountability, while at the same time actually making the gun people happy. -for the legal stuff that is. A lot of crime goes down with illegal stuff and only targeted policing and task forces aimed at the illegal arms trade and gangs and such are going to fix that side of it

Anvilbrother

How was that plagiarism? He never attempted to pass the information off as his own he in his first sentence stated where it came from?

Nope - he cut and pasted a long article from ACRU without giving any credit. The link in his first sentence was to something else altogether and was actually part of the article he plagiarized.

He didn't put the cut/paste job in quotation marks.
He didn't put it in a Quote box.
He didn't put it in italics, another way to suggest it wasn't his own writing.
He made NO reference to its source.
He didn't even say it was from somewhere else.

He just posted it as if it was his own writing.

Finally, and only after being called on it and first denying it, he posted the link .

Apparently YOU didn't bother to read what was posted OR to check your facts either.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

***How was that plagiarism? He never attempted to pass the information off as his own he in his first sentence stated where it came from?

When john cannot dispute the content, he tries to discredit the poster.

That poster has already posted 3 things that, on fact checking, turned out to be untrue. And that's in this thread alone. I'm not discrediting him, he has discredited himself.

Ooh god damn john in that case you and everyone here has plagiarized a thousand times information from government to media sources.

Don't even try to reference anything from now on even down to a single statistic without a link or I am going to call you out on it if you want to be so asinine with these type of things.

Turtle was right about you. SMH!!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

piisfish

***He doesn't even notice the about 3 others here who usually agree with some of his stances even asked him what he ment by that comment not just me.

maybe "he" is a she.

Your correct could be.

kallend

***How was that plagiarism? He never attempted to pass the information off as his own he in his first sentence stated where it came from?

Nope - he cut and pasted a long article from ACRU without giving any credit. The link in his first sentence was to something else altogether and was actually part of the article he plagiarized.

Apparently YOU didn't bother to read what was posted OR to check your facts either.

As you said, the link in the first sentence was all from the same copy/paste.

I'm not debating your made up facts with APA formatted essays.

I'm using an IPad so I won't be using any quote boxes or italics.

In my haste I though the source was referenced in the first link where it said according to blah blah blah smart college researchers (not Joshy poo)

No one on this thread is crediting any sources at all other than me, so they are all pull out of the rectum or plagiarized.

I'm not citing sources and then trying to sneak in credit for myself on one. Since crediting sources simply wasn't happening until you said my numbers were false, I wasn't bothering. I had then, later in the thread, started attaching links to show that my numbers were not something I was just making up as I went along.

In Iowa it is called a permit to purchase
Or, your permit to carry can be the same

If the anti gunners just have to have something this I can go with

So, a person to person sales require no further paperwork
No record
Show that you are cleared and do the deal

This I could go with
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jbscout2002

******How was that plagiarism? He never attempted to pass the information off as his own he in his first sentence stated where it came from?

As you said, the link in the first sentence was all from the same copy/paste.

I'm not debating your made up facts with APA formatted essays.

I'm using an IPad so I won't be using any quote boxes or italics.

In my haste I though the source was referenced in the first link where it said according to blah blah blah smart college researchers (not Joshy poo)

No one on this thread is crediting any sources at all other than me, so they are all pull out of the rectum or plagiarized.

I'm not citing sources and then trying to sneak in credit for myself on one. Since crediting sources simply wasn't happening until you said my numbers were false, I wasn't bothering. I had then, later in the thread, started attaching links to show that my numbers were not something I was just making up as I went along.

Pay little attention to the man behind the curtain.
Abraham Lincoln

jbscout2002

Maybe I don't have the right understanding of plagiarism.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarism

: the act of using another person's words or ideas without giving credit to that person : the act of plagiarizing something

Which is what you did with the ACRU article until called on it.

kallend

Finally, and only after being called on it and first denying it, he posted the link .

And another thing John why when I simply asked how you came to the conclusion about your plagiarism claim you have to attack me about it reading and fact checking? I swear your only objective here is to troll and get people warnings and bans. You insert NOTHING to any of these conversations and we would all be better off without it.

kallend

Pay little attention to the man behind the curtain.

We all know when you plagiarize. Your spelling and grammar suddenly improve.
:P

Another attack. And your smiley face does not hide it we know your level of distaste for him.

I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility to determine if you had been issued a permit at the time you're convicted of a disqualifying crime and demand you surrender the card and weapons (perhaps a manditory consignment sale at a gun dealer or something.) I'm not sure there's a particular way I'd like to handle people who "lost" their card and then committed a disqualifying crime, but I'd be open to suggestions.

Regarding ownership permit vs. CCW they are two different things in California. The ownership permit is just a written test and there's a study guide online. Mostly basic safety questions and then a few, "did you read the study guide" questions. A bit like a written drivers test or USPA license test. You can take it at any dealer and it's good for five years. I think it's pretty reasonable.

The first requirement for CCW permits in California is that you not live in LA, SD, or SF as the sheriffs in those counties simply don't issue them. After that it varies by county but usually involves classroom time, fingerprinting, and shooting qualification with each gun you want listed on the permit. Blatant violations of the 14th amendment by a handful of sheriffs notwithstanding, it isn't a bad system.

kallend

I have also not seen one post from you where you offer a single number or statistic with any hint of a reference. I have also not actually seen any contribution to the discussion at all other than to try and say I'm lying.

Nothing you have said has been quoted and credited to any source, and you have not put together one thought of your own as to what the source of the problem is or opinions on possible solutions to any of it.

Much like my young nephew, the general jist of your responses are nut uh, bull hockey, no it didn't no it didn't, liar liar pants on fire hanging from a telephone wire. (-"liar liar pants on fire hanging from a telephone wire was regurgitated from a children's nursery rhyme. The author of this post makes no attempt to claim credit for this beautiful string of literature"-) italic quote box smiley face simply face.

kallend

Feel free to skip over my posts. It's still a free country.

(Well, if you're a billionaire, that is.)

Yeah, if you are democratic supporter you get all kinds of support in Congress
Abraham Lincoln