2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

rushmc

***************What? She's Iranian? We need more walls! More guns! More travel bans! Why isn't anyone DOING ANYTHING about this religion of death? What will it take? How many people have to die? How . . .

Wait - she's Persian? Where is that? Uh . . . thoughts and prayers. Nothing can be done. Don't politicize. Needs more study. Too soon to talk about it. These things happen. Let people heal. Anyone who wants action taken has no soul.

I've just noticed that there's no Liberal outrage on gun control after this incident.

Of course not. It doesn't fit their agenda. :P

Bill's reply to you is a great example of the left losing the argument. You come across with a great point which is absolutely correct and he has to move towards shaming you into silence. Don't let him do that!

I think you're missing the joke we're all sharing here. We're very much aware that people like you see this woman as some kind of Lefty Extremist and it's your big chance to throw mud.

Yet, it's another case of someone's unrestricted access to a firearm that enabled them to go from assault to murder.

There's no "losing the argument" because she's a vegan or a she. She killed people and she killed people with a gun, another statistic in American gun violence that doesn't happen as frequently in countries with tighter gun control laws.

The news of this story died fast because it did not fit the left gun ban narrative. Not a joke.

This story has not a fucking thing to do with access to guns.

The joke is on the left an its compliant left media!

You need to get some better sources of news than Fox and Breitbart. The story you claim "died fast" has been covered today in:

Washington Post
CNN
LA Times
ABC News
USA Today
NY Daily News
SFGate
CBS News
Time
WSJ

And a long list of other sources.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You need to get some better sources of news than Fox and Breitbart. The story you claim "died fast" has been covered today in:

Washington Post
CNN
LA Times
ABC News
USA Today
NY Daily News
SFGate
CBS News
Time
WSJ

You are going to get his allergy going again.

kallend

Washington Post
CNN
LA Times
ABC News
USA Today
NY Daily News
SFGate
CBS News
Time
WSJ

Oh, piffle.

C'mon Professor, you know perfectly well he doesn't think any of those are 'legitimate' news sources.

He doesn't like what they say, so they are therefore 'Fake News.'
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

gowlerk

It is used more often in this country than any other gun.

But not for mass murder. You are not very detail oriented are you?

Now we are going to deal with the definition of mass shooting. Nice try! Fail!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

What a laughing list of sources! Lol

I provided proof that the story hasn't "died".

So your claim that the story "died" only applies to the sources that you like. The rubbish sources.

Hi rush,

What a laughing list of sources!

From an article by Jack Shafer on POLITICO yesterday: 'I suspect that Trump doesn’t fully appreciate the downside of his anti-media strategy. Every denunciation of the Post, the New York Times, NBC News, CBS News, CNN and other outlets serves to boost those outlets’ audiences and their corresponding revenues. Newsrooms glow with appreciation whenever he pounces on them, and the reporters singled out for abuse preen. Whenever Trump lays the strap on Jim Acosta and CNN, the competition pouts, “Why not us?!” As I wrote more than a year ago, Trump has made journalism great again.'

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi rush,

What a laughing list of sources!

From an article by Jack Shafer on POLITICO yesterday: 'I suspect that Trump doesn’t fully appreciate the downside of his anti-media strategy. Every denunciation of the Post, the New York Times, NBC News, CBS News, CNN and other outlets serves to boost those outlets’ audiences and their corresponding revenues. Newsrooms glow with appreciation whenever he pounces on them, and the reporters singled out for abuse preen. Whenever Trump lays the strap on Jim Acosta and CNN, the competition pouts, “Why not us?!” As I wrote more than a year ago, Trump has made journalism great again.'

Jerry Baumchen

Thanks for supporting my point!
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

***What a laughing list of sources! Lol

So your claim that the story "died" only applies to the sources that you like. The rubbish sources.

The content and the length of the story matters. I know you don't care!
Abraham Lincoln

Of course not. It doesn't fit their agenda. :P

hmmm... let's see... She couldn't buy an AR 15 nor could she legally purchase high capacity magazines due to the laws in California ( That big bad Liberal enclave everyone hates so much).

Instead of the headlines being 15 dead and 40 injured in other states, there were 3 injuries and one death( the shooter).

Perhaps the liberals are just happy that pushing for sane gun control laws prevented something from being a helluva lot worse?

I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Instead of the headlines being 15 dead and 40 injured in other states, there were 3 injuries and one death( the shooter).
Perhaps the liberals are just happy that pushing for sane gun control laws prevented something from being a helluva lot worse?

Shame on you for not parroting the right wing narrative for this shooting. You are going to get some people here very upset.

billvon

Shame on you for not parroting the right wing narrative for this shooting. You are going to get some people here very upset.

The right is too busy laughing at the lefts disappointment to get upset....
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******What a laughing list of sources! Lol

The content and the length of the story matters.

How would you possibly know the content? You have proved over and over again by what you post that you never read past headlines.

FACT IS, you were wrong (again), and the story hadn't died at all.

DJL

Sorry, again, what is the Left disappointed about?

That shooter was not a man, did not us an AR15, was not a Trump supporter, she was left wing and, if all the above criteria were met, so few people were shot.

Short story?

The left and its media could not use that story to push the gun ban agenda.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Sorry, again, what is the Left disappointed about?

That shooter was not a man, did not us an AR15, was not a Trump supporter, she was left wing and, if all the above criteria were met, so few people were shot.

Short story?

I'm not sure what her political tree hugger side has to do with it but one of the biggest issues with AR15s is their ability to inflict a massive quantity of damage in a very short time. In this case two people were only injured. The state's laws concerning the type of firearm someone is able to get restricted this person to the type of weapon she used, granted it wouldn't have been difficult for her to go to another state and get a more powerful weapon.

As far as more restrictive measures on guns, this shows that even with those restrictions in place a "law abiding gun owner" attempted to kill people.

So, I'm not sure what agenda you don't think this is pushing but it supports some and supports some others. Much like the Maryland shooting that occurred right after the Florida massacre local restrictions impacted the type of weapon in use and the results of the attack.

So again, what's your point?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******Sorry, again, what is the Left disappointed about?

Short story?

I'm not sure what her political tree hugger side has to do with it but one of the biggest issues with AR15s is their ability to inflict a massive quantity of damage in a very short time. In this case two people were only injured. The state's laws concerning the type of firearm someone is able to get restricted this person to the type of weapon she used, granted it wouldn't have been difficult for her to go to another state and get a more powerful weapon.

As far as more restrictive measures on guns, this shows that even with those restrictions in place a "law abiding gun owner" attempted to kill people.

So, I'm not sure what agenda you don't think this is pushing but it supports some and supports some others. Much like the Maryland shooting that occurred right after the Florida massacre local restrictions impacted the type of weapon in use and the results of the attack.

So again, what's your point?

Point is the majority of "gun violence" ( a very stupid misleading term) is done with hand guns. The Virginia shooter used a hand gun. How many did he kill?

This is not about a gun anymore. To the left it is about ALL guns! The AR15 is just their starting point.
Abraham Lincoln

jcd11235

***That shooter … did not us an AR15, … so few people were shot.

And none killed, except the shooter.

The man in the video in the following link nails it!

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/04/im-the-majority.php
Abraham Lincoln

This is not about a gun anymore. To the left it is about ALL guns! The AR15 is just their starting point.

Ok, if you say so, even though just about everyone on this board who you call a lefty owns guns.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

>And none killed, except the shooter.

Yep. If all shootings were like this one, there would be a lot less clamor for new regulation.

And therefore the disappointment of the left ...
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

Wow, Sarah Palin's blog.

Looks like they're trying to ban assault weapons like we've been talking about. What's your point?

They are not assault weapons:S

And not just the AR15
Abraham Lincoln