grue

Cops: "That surveillance video is not admissible because we thought we smashed all the gear!"

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/08/cops-filmed-behaving-badly-say-pot-shops-camera-illegally-recorded-raid/

God, these fucking guys.

Shitlord cops are gonna continue being shitlords until they start being held PERSONALLY accountable for their actions. At the realistic worst, the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for yet another pack of badge-toting gangbangers derping their way through life at the expense of others.

In the HIGHLY unlikely event they actually get fired, they can just go fuck up someone's life in a new town.
cavete terrae.

skycop

Isn't there already a thread on this?

They should be fired, period.

If they took items that didn't belong to them, they should be charged as well.

If more LEO's, judges, DA's, police chiefs, police unions agreed with you I don't think you would see the outrage from citizens over this stuff. Because it would not happen as much. I know the percentage of bad cops to good cops is low, but when the public pays the price for those bad cops they want that percentage even lower. Might be a whole lot lower if the cops actually had to pay for the lawsuits themself and not the taxpayers.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Anvilbrother

You think the department pays for a cops criminal defense?

When cops (individuals) violate a citizen's rights, its not the cop (individual) that gets sued. Its the department.

And it's not the individual cop that pays the settlement or judgement. It's the department (taxpayer money).

Making individual cops personally liable for their behavior would be a start.

Making prosecutors liable for their misconduct would be a nice start too.

Neither is going to happen.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***You think the department pays for a cops criminal defense?

When cops (individuals) violate a citizen's rights, its not the cop (individual) that gets sued. Its the department.

And it's not the individual cop that pays the settlement or judgement. It's the department (taxpayer money).

Making individual cops personally liable for their behavior would be a start.

Making prosecutors liable for their misconduct would be a nice start too.

Neither is going to happen.

That was not the question I asked him was it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Well no the department does not pay for a cops criminal defense. The problem is the cop himself rarely ever faces criminal charges. It is the department that is sued and therefore the taxpayers pay out the multimillion dollar lawsuits.
Now let's take immunity away from the cops and see how trigger happy they are. When they have to pay for the wrongfull death lawsuits.
But I know I am not a cop so I just don't understand huh. Did I get that right?

In the edit .
I think this post answers your question.

Anvilbrother

Oh I am just being thorough. So how exactly are cops getting off of all these crimes you think they should be charged for?

Denver Officer Shawn Miller is a poster child: http://kdvr.com/2015/02/04/327586/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Do you think the police department is the only fish in the pond that can bring the cop under investigation or charges? Everyone loves to blame it on the cops investors imaging cops. What about county DA? State or federal attorneys? Do you lay blame on them also for not recognizing a problem? The buck does not stop with the department.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Why do you post like a troll all the time. I can't recall the last time you said anything useful here. You seem to just fall behind some other liberals post and ride their coat tails saying yeah ditto, what he said, see im like one of the guys too.

Anvilbrother

My point to that was posted above. You are clueless.

Well how about the original post. Or is cops consuming marijuana on the job legal? Now when are they going to be prosecuted for it? Oh that's right the union and judges are backing them up. Guess they were just doing there job eating that marijuana.

Once again if the department lets them off do you think the DA can't step in, or someone higher up, or the AG office? Your letting a lot of people off with your arguments there.

Boo hoo it's always cops investigating cops and unions is why they get off. Well it seems your issue should be with oversight then.

Anvilbrother

The quote was 'pay for cops lawsuits'.

First, that's civil not criminal; second the major cost of a lawsuit can be the settlement or judgement, not the defence.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Anvilbrother

Oh I am just being thorough. So how exactly are cops getting off of all these crimes you think they should be charged for?

Because cops write the reports and cops cover each other. Not exactly rocket science, eh?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?