normiss

Why can't these people behave?

normiss

It's getting old isn't it?

It really is. I think the news just looks for every little opportunity to turn a story into a race issue. Is it worth noting? Absolutely, somewhere in the article describing the victim. Just don't start off with "White man does this to black man".

There was a teen who was shot and killed by Denver PD this year. She was Latina, and it was later found out she was gay. The news and protesters instantly turned it into "Gay lives matter" or some shit. I'm sure the cop stopped and asked if she was gay, and that was the deciding factor to shoot her as she tried to run him over :|

JohnnyMarko

***It's getting old isn't it?

It really is. I think the news just looks for every little opportunity to turn a story into a race issue. Is it worth noting? Absolutely, somewhere in the article describing the victim. Just don't start off with "White man does this to black man".

There was a teen who was shot and killed by Denver PD this year. She was Latina, and it was later found out she was gay. The news and protesters instantly turned it into "Gay lives matter" or some shit. I'm sure the cop stopped and asked if she was gay, and that was the deciding factor to shoot her as she tried to run him over :|

I don't think that historically there has ever been an epidemic in the US of police officers chronically using severe and often deadly force against unarmed gay Latina teens. Historical context really does matter; and societies, just like individuals, often reap what they have sown.

JohnnyMarko

***It's getting old isn't it?

Because there are still huge racism issues.

I posted a picture of my family on this website and promptly got a pm asking why there was a black kid in the picture.

Does the media overdo it sometimes...sure they do. Does that mean they are creating racism and otherwise it isn't an issue...no.

SkyDekker

******It's getting old isn't it?

I posted a picture of my family on this website and promptly got a pm asking why there was a black kid in the picture.

Does the media overdo it sometimes...sure they do. Does that mean they are creating racism and otherwise it isn't an issue...no.

Are they exasperating the issue, sure. Are they creating violence by the fact they are over doing it, indirectly, sure. Do they now turn back around and denounce the violence they created, of course.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

******It's getting old isn't it?

Agreed, and not talking about it won't make it go away. Not trolling, but how should the media address these stories without instantly going to race?

And to the photo of your family, I know the feeling. Myself and my siblings are all adopted. My brother is Asian, my sister is mixed, and I'm...okay, well I'm white. Bonus points that my sister and I are both gay :D

JohnnyMarko

*********It's getting old isn't it?

Agreed, and not talking about it won't make it go away. Not trolling, but how should the media address these stories without instantly going to race?

And to the photo of your family, I know the feeling. Myself and my siblings are all adopted. My brother is Asian, my sister is mixed, and I'm...okay, well I'm white. Bonus points that my sister and I are both gay :D

Maybe the media will draw conclusion that you are 66% more likely to be gay if you are adopted.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

Race still is a large part of the story within police brutality.

...I'm coming up blank on a response. I think the media just needs to handle it differently without inciting a race-war based off a headline alone.

normiss

The cops definitely fucked up and Melendez was justifiably fired.

However... the guy made one mistake that triggered the cops' reaction. He opened his door. Don't ever do something without a cop telling you to.

Don't get me wrong, the cops involved here were wrong with their response. They could have handled it a lot better.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Also where is the video before this stop happened, was there a chase? Was he doing anything wreck less? We don't have all the details to see why this cop was at a 10 when he should have been at a 5. This link is not a complete enough story for me to make an opinion on.

cvfd1399

Also where is the video before this stop happened, was there a chase? Was he doing anything wreck less? We don't have all the details to see why this cop was at a 10 when he should have been at a 5. This link is not a complete enough story for me to make an opinion on.

There was no chase, there was no reckless driving.

They pulled him over because he drove through a 'known drug zone'.

For real:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Driver1

However... the guy made one mistake that triggered the cops' reaction. He opened his door. Don't ever do something without a cop telling you to.

That's nonsense, regardless of the absurdity of opening a door triggering a beating.

The first cop has a gun or tazer in his hand while walking to the car before the door is even opened. They were up for this from minute one.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

cvfd1399

That's your story, where's the video. For real.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-charge-man-assault-resisting-fleeing-video-proves-cops-liars/

Ignoring the website, that's pretty good video evidence. He rolled a stop sign, drove a little bit, then stopped. Cop approached with a gun/taser in his hand before the door was open

normiss

He's a black man, in a Caddy, in a "known drug area" (that would most likely cover the greater US).
Stop resisting.
:P

I notice they had the microphones turned off, so they didn't even need to bother voicing "Stop resisting!".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.