ryoder

FIFA

WTF???:o

A Swiss-based organization is arrested by Swiss law enforcement.
OK, so far, so good;
But extradited to the US???:S

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-face-corruption-charges-in-us.html

WTF should the US taxpayer be footing the bill?>:(

Not that it couldn't happen to a nicer group.
John Oliver on FIFA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

WTF should the US taxpayer be footing the bill?

The US sought them arrested by the Swiss police in order for them to be extradited. Corruption harms the sponsors of FIFA/World Cup. Since the sponsors are by large American corporations like Nike and Coka Cola, the US government is doing what it does best.

Protect corporate interests.

ryoder

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-face-corruption-charges-in-us.html

the US are asking for them. Don't worry, the bill will be covered 10fold with what "your" legal system will try to get from them.

Oh that, and Fuck Football Association.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ryoder

WTF???:o

OK, so far, so good;

Based on what has been released so far, it appears the US arrests were all of officials with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL and are in conjunction with the selling of TV rights and regional tournaments.

The US already has plea deals with Chuck Blazer and two of Jack Warner's sons. The organizations involved have offices in the US, so it is both easier for the US to investigate and to assert jurisdiction.

The corruption in the awarding of the World Cups for 2018 and 2022 are the focus of the Swiss investigation.

Of course the $150 million alleged is peanuts compared to corrupt practices of many business here at home.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Southern_Man

***WTF???:o

OK, so far, so good;

Based on what has been released so far, it appears the US arrests were all of officials with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL and are in conjunction with the selling of TV rights and regional tournaments.

The US already has plea deals with Chuck Blazer and two of Jack Warner's sons. The organizations involved have offices in the US, so it is both easier for the US to investigate and to assert jurisdiction.

The corruption in the awarding of the World Cups for 2018 and 2022 are the focus of the Swiss investigation.

Of course the $150 million alleged is peanuts compared to corrupt practices of many business here at home.But it's not illegal to buy politicians in the USA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FIFA did donate large sums of money to them, that is a fact. The real question is what exactly does the Clinton foundation do that makes it so appealing that large organizations, and foreign countries donate millions upon millions of dollars to them? Like the recent arms deal....money goes in....weapons get sold.

what exactly does the Clinton foundation do that makes it so appealing that large organizations, and foreign countries donate millions upon millions of dollars to them?

The Illuminati need a public front through which to operate. Kind of like, say, a pizza shop... but the sausage is really pricy.

cvfd1399

So because they all do it it's ok? Also is it not ok to single out a past president and future presidential candidate for doing it, and doing it recently?! Come on!

Sure, because if each candidate's position on that playing field was basically the same as the other, you'd be forced to debate things like actual policy differences, instead of whose guts should be hated the most. Can't have that.

But extradited to the US???

WTF should the US taxpayer be footing the bill?

Don't extradite and the US taxpayer is NOT the bill payer. Just walk away. Just get this horrid fucking game off our soil and ban it.

Good gaaaawd, if you could bottle Soccer, you'd have the cure for insomnia.

That must be the reason why so many millions of dollars are spent bribing FIFA officials then?

Mystery to me but large number have no correlation to what's important, right, wrong, stupid etc. A principle something to akin to "might makes right."

People wanna like soccer fine with me. It's a stupid fucking boring game and the sooner we get it off US soil, the better IMHO. You want it, you got it.

Boomerdog

That must be the reason why so many millions of dollars are spent bribing FIFA officials then?

Mystery to me but large number have no correlation to what's important, right, wrong, stupid etc. A principle something to akin to "might makes right."

People wanna like soccer fine with me. It's a stupid fucking boring game and the sooner we get it off US soil, the better IMHO. You want it, you got it.

Hey! From what I hear, 'we' paid $10 million in bribes to get 2010!:P

Boomerdog

I suppose only the music you like is worth listening to, also.

You do realize that when people in "soccer countries" watch US baseball it renders them comatose, don't you?

Google the term Ugly American. See what pops up.

I suppose only the music you like is worth listening to, also.

Yea, I buy what I like. My I-Tunes library is quite diverse. You?

You do realize that when people in "soccer countries" watch US baseball it renders them comatose, don't you?

I should be concerned about this because........?

Google the term Ugly American. See what pops up.

Naw...I prefer this style of "Ugly American."

Von Luger: :"You're the first American officer I've met. Hilts isn't it?"

Hilts: "CAPTAIN Hilts!"

Von Luger: "Seventeen escape attempts!"

Hilts: "Eighteen!"

Von Luger: "Tunnel man...engineer?"

Hilts: "Flier!"

Von Luger: "As opposed to what's called in the American Army a hot shot pilot?"

Hilts: " Uhmmm."

Von Luger: "Unfortunately, you were shot down anyway so we're both grounded for the duration of the war."

Hilts: "Well you speak for yourself Colonel."

Von Luger: "You have other plans?"

Hilts: "I haven't seen Berlin yet from the ground or from the air and I plan on doing both before the war is over."

Von Luger: "Are all American officers so ill-mannered?"

Hilts: " Yeah, about 99 percent."

Von Luger: "Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts."

Hilts: "CAPTAIN Hilts!"

Von Luger: "Twenty days."

Hilts: "Oh, uh, you'll still be here when I get out?"

Von Luger: [visibly annoyed] "Cooler!"

Now that's my idea of an Ugly American!

You do know the movie from which the conversation is taken from don't you? You probably do but I just have to ask.

kallend

Before picking on two people that you clearly despise, how about giving us a list of politicians who do not accept large donations from corporations?

Here you go, I'll sort by party:

Dems -
1 -

Reps -
1 -

Other parties and other countries -
1 -

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants