RonD1120

They're knocking at our door

RonD1120

These reports along with the ones you call BS keep me on the paranoid side. I guess it is just me.

So how many of those are here illegally?

How many trained at "ISIS camps" anywhere?

How many are US born (citizens)?

How many had actual workable plans?

The FBI has gotten pretty good at finding these people. The big bomb in Kansas was a fake, and the person who built it was an informant for the FBI. That's not the first time the "Bomb Builder" was really working for the cops.
That tells me that these sorts of "homegrown extremists" have very little technical know-how. Or ability to find the knowledge on the internet.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

So, there is nothing to worry about. There is no need to take precautions. All we have to do is trust the government to protect us.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

So, there is nothing to worry about. There is no need to take precautions. All we have to do is trust the government to protect us.

No.

But taking precautions to protect ourselves against terrorists coming in from Mexico is about as sensible as me taking precautions to protect myself from a hurricane in Wisconsin.

After the New York attacks in 2001, my then wife became very fearful of a terrorist attack. I was able to calm her fears somewhat by asking her:
"What sort of target are we? We aren't near any "big" targets - political, economic, population, psychological. Even if the terrs were able to get a nuke, nothing that they would target would affect us, except maybe Minneapolis. And why would they target that?"

It's a very basic security concept called "Risk Assessment." How serious is the threat? How serious are the consequences?
If one or the other is very high, you take precautions. If both are even "medium" you take precautions.

But if you look at it realistically, the threat is very low. Again, we've been hearing for years that the "Scary Muslims" are coming. Where are they?

The so-called "security measures" taken are far more "security theater" than actual safeguards.

And we still haven't seen any real attacks take place. There have been a couple close calls. The "Underwear Bomber" is one. The "Shoe Bomber" is another. Both had "device failures" thwart their plans. Either could have been another successful attack.

Both happened on airliners, so they happened despite all the so-called "Security Measures" in place.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

When I join my friends from the church fellowship we discuss all Islamic terrorism not just those coming across the border. We contrast and compare with what we understand regarding the Tribulation period. We discuss guns and ammo and range practice. We consider E&E tactics in our area.

You know, its like when skydivers discuss malfunction and emergency scenarios. The pros and cons of strategies and different AADs.

I thought the SC would be a viable forum also. Obviously. it is not. I will not bother you again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

These reports along with the ones you call BS keep me on the paranoid side. I guess it is just me.

Do you notice the common threads there that A) they're all homegrown extremists, not foreign invaders. B) The wannabe's who attended terror camps went all the way to Syria or Turkey to do so, not Mexico or Georgia and C) every plot was infiltrated to the core by multiple FBI agents.

I guess they must be ignoring Obama's secret orders to leave the jihadists alone:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Coreeece

Proverbs 27:12
A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Kinda sounds like that's talking about real danger though, doesn't it?

Have you watched any of Better Call Saul? One of the main characters believes he is allergic to electricity and spends every day locked inside a dark house wrapped in a space blanket. Is that prudent?

You know, its like when skydivers discuss malfunction and emergency scenarios. The pros and cons of strategies and different AADs.

The difference is that skydivers really are skydiving. You and your friends really aren't fighting against a jihadist insurgency.

RonD1120

When I join my friends from the church fellowship we discuss all Islamic terrorism not just those coming across the border. We contrast and compare with what we understand regarding the Tribulation period. We discuss guns and ammo and range practice. We consider E&E tactics in our area.

I thought the SC would be a viable forum also. Obviously. it is not. I will not bother you again.

Well, again, it's risk assessment. Mals & EPs and various other scenarios are not uncommon in the skydiving environment.

How many "jihadists" have presented a real threat here in the US?
I'm not talking about "Wannabe Jihadists who talk too much and end up with an FBI informant showing up saying 'I know how to make a bomb'" and get busted.

And what level of threat do you think they pose to you in your "retreat" in the mountains?

What kind of target do you present?

Washington DC, New York, Chicago, LA, even stuff like railroad yards (lots of flammable tank cars), highway interchanges & major bridges (think how much disruption would happen if the 80-94 at the bottom of Chicago or the I80 bridge across the Mississippi got taken out), Disneyland or similar theme parks.

Again, I take certain threats seriously. I take others less seriously but still consider them in my planning (both daily and long term).

But a jihadist attack on me, or my town really isn't on the list. And your OP with the story from the internet equivalent of the "Weekly World News" has very, very little credibility in my eyes.

If you want to discuss terrorism and possible plans and tactics in response to an attack, go right ahead. You are right in thinking that this is the place for it.

But if you post links to BS stories about "Scary Muslims Coming to Attack US", then plan on hearing a lot of "You know that isn't true, right?"

RonD1120

Does your bible study group discuss:

Turning the other cheek like Jesus?
How the first commandment means you should do nothing because killing is wrong?
What to do with the Earth when your meekness causes you to inherit it?

>We are not throwing stones. We are preparing for the possibility of a violent outbreak.
>We do not know where it will come from. We just believe in being prepared.

And they may be doing exactly the same thing. (They may be clutching Korans instead of Bibles, of course.)

Our group is not in favor of forfeiting defense of personal safety. I'll turn the other cheek to criticism and rebuke, as found here in the SC. Most of my group I think would agree. However, a personal threat to me or my family, including my church family, would be countered with dire consequences. All of my group would definitely agree on that situation.

The first commandment pertains to recognizing and worshiping the Lord God.

Murder is wrong. Killing in self defense, under legitimate authority or war is within scriptural guidelines.

Personally, I think I will just enjoy the earth and all it as to offer. The chief end of man is to glorify God and to worship Him forever. I think both of those objectives can be easily met.

RonD1120

Sure, as long as they do not leave their communal area with mayhem on their minds there will be no problem.

You mean like the crusaders did not leave their communal areas with mayhem on their minds?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

RonD1120

I did not say there were ISIS camps in GA. I said there were two Islamic training camps in GA. It looks like you equate the two terms.

There's a Christian training camp opposite my house. They call it "Sunday School". Amazing the number of kids being indoctrinated there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

I agree with you.

Judicial Watch has maintained credibility with some of my learned peers. One of which is a retired USSF LTC.

How Does being a trained killer of O5 rank make him "learned"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just curious, was that the April 17th daily devotional you read immediately after your climate alarmist posting about extincting ourselves?:P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4722229;search_string=extinction%20geological%20record%20;#4722229

Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

wolfriverjoe

After the New York attacks in 2001, my then wife became very fearful of a terrorist attack. I was able to calm her fears somewhat by asking her:
"What sort of target are we? We aren't near any "big" targets - political, economic, population, psychological. Even if the terrs were able to get a nuke, nothing that they would target would affect us, except maybe Minneapolis. And why would they target that?"

I'm reminded of the northeast blackout in 2003 where 55 million people lost power because of a little software bug in Akron, Ohio.

I was in downtown Detroit at the time. Everything just stopped as if time stood still and nobody seemed to have a clue what was happening or what to do about it...cars were just jammed packed everywhere - it was a mess...kinda surreal.

The outage only lasted a few days, but it gave us plenty of time to reflect on our dependency on the system. One could only imagine what it would've looked like if the outage lasted for an extended period.

I now live in northern Michigan, and I have to say that there is quite a peace of mind having 1 million acres of national forest in my back yard to depend on rather than being trapped in the vulnerability of a failed system.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

Just curious, was that the April 17th daily devotional you read immediately after your climate alarmist posting about extincting ourselves?:P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4722229;search_string=extinction%20geological%20record%20;#4722229

What was gods position on how to care for that which he gave man dominion over again????

Now you are sounding like BHO.

If one day the Islamists rise up and leave the compound and start a killing spree across GA, you are OK with that.

Don't forget the Islamic terrorists were spreading death into southern Europe as well as Jerusalem when the Crusaders halted their expansion.

ETA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK7MYvliSnk

Praise God, their parents love them enough to see they receive a spiritual foundation for their lives. I read the about the fruits of parental neglect here daily.

He was an intelligence officer and instructor at the ARMY's war college. He has been studying Islam since before the First Gulf War. He has good connections in the SpecOps community. He holds advanced degrees. Those are good enough qualifications for me to call him "learned."

You may have a different opinion.

Now you have a PhD and therefore must also be considered "learned." They main difference between you two is that you do not seem to have any desire to share information that is useful to me.

Heaven and hell are real in my world. I have many friends who share the concept. We have a Holy Bible that give us instruction on how to gain entrance to the former and thus be saved from the latter.

A D License, several thousand parachute jumps and a couple university degrees can only take you so far.

What is you operational plan if CAIR in Tampa starts an armed uprising? That probably will not happen for awhile. Do you have a plan if and when it does?

CAIR is currently making strides to infiltrate the Hillsborough County School System. They are forcing American students to study the Koran.

Your children are probably not yet affected in Pasco County. What will you do if it starts?