kallend

Another crooked politician

kallend

www.nytimes.com/2015/03/07/us/menendez-expected-to-face-federal-corruption-charges.html

It's so easy to buy a politician legally these days, why do they need to resort to corruption?

It's how they roll.

The be rid'n dirty, yo.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

grue

Crooked politician? Isn't that like "dead corpse"?

Exactly. They're all crooked to some extent. I took a dig at Kallend because I would have expected him to post a republican being charged or something. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

grue

Crooked politician? Isn't that like "dead corpse"?

:)
Finding a politician with good character, honest, a good sense of right and wrong. Now THAT would be news worthy.

"Once a man's elected to public office, he's just not fit for honest work anymore." Will Rogers
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

BillyVance

***Crooked politician? Isn't that like "dead corpse"?

Exactly. They're all crooked to some extent. I took a dig at Kallend because I would have expected him to post a republican being charged or something. ;)

The double standard of calling bullshit only on the guy on the other team applies to conservatives. Think about the last time a conservative poster here made a thread about a corrupt republican. It just doesn't happen.

At least some liberals are capable of calling bullshit no matter where it comes from -- me included.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

kallend

***A Democrat even! ;)

Republicans don't have the monopoly on crooks.

No, but their overall policies and views and votes tend to attract big business more (which has more money to bribe them with).

Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious that, here in Wisconsin, Governor Walker & the "Rs" have passed sweeping anti-union laws again.

Last time he was re-elected, he outlawed union organization for public employees (except cops & firemen of course).
No mention of this agenda during the election, of course. Just ram it through the first month they are in office.

And they did it again. Right to work just passed.

No mention of it at all during the election. Walker actually claimed he wasn't for it.
Huge amounts of opposition. But not by anyone with huge amounts of money.

I'm not union, nor am I a big fan of them.

But I am in favor of the right to organize.

Sort of like "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Unions by and far, have outlived their usefulness. There was a time when they were needed to force companies to provide a safer place to work.

Nowadays, union workers get paid ridiculous salaries to put out inferior products compared to non-union companies. They also protect bad employees, blah blah blah.

Thankfully, Alabama is a right to work state. Mercedes, Honda, Toyota and Hyundai's plants in Alabama are non-union. There have been attempts by union officials to organize at Mercedes, but so far they've been rebuffed. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Unions by and far, have outlived their usefulness. There was a time when they were needed to force companies to provide a safer place to work.

Nowadays, union workers get paid ridiculous salaries to put out inferior products compared to non-union companies. They also protect bad employees, blah blah blah.

Thankfully, Alabama is a right to work state. Mercedes, Honda, Toyota and Hyundai's plants in Alabama are non-union. There have been attempts by union officials to organize at Mercedes, but so far they've been rebuffed. :)

Bolding mine.

"Blah blah blah" is right.

That's the standard commentary by those who oppose unions overall.

RTW doesn't force workers to organize. There's lots and lots of non-union shops here in Wisconsin. If a union can't convince a majority of workers that being union is going to be a 'net positive', then the workers vote it down.

RTW takes away a lot of the power that unions hold. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

If you think that management has the best interests of it's workers in mind when it makes decisions, you are fooling yourself.

The mining industry comes to the top of my mind. Look at all the safety violations The Upper Big Branch accident in 2010 is a textbook example.

But I have less of a problem with RTW than I do with the way it was shoved down our throats. It was introduced and passed by both state houses in record time.

Polls have shown a majority of the public is against it.

But the big money that owns Walker and the "Rs" wants it.

The bill is almost an exact copy of what the Koch Brother's ALEC lobbying group wants.
Are you comfortable with them writing laws? I'm not.

Just like before, he fails to even mention any of this during his reelection campaign last year.
But as soon as the new session starts, he rams through a piece of legislation his corporate owners want.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Unions by and far, have outlived their usefulness. There was a time when they were needed to force companies to provide a safer place to work.

Bolding mine.

"Blah blah blah" is right.

That's the standard commentary by those who oppose unions overall.

RTW doesn't force workers to organize. There's lots and lots of non-union shops here in Wisconsin. If a union can't convince a majority of workers that being union is going to be a 'net positive', then the workers vote it down.

RTW takes away a lot of the power that unions hold. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

If you think that management has the best interests of it's workers in mind when it makes decisions, you are fooling yourself.

The mining industry comes to the top of my mind. Look at all the safety violations The Upper Big Branch accident in 2010 is a textbook example.

But I have less of a problem with RTW than I do with the way it was shoved down our throats. It was introduced and passed by both state houses in record time.

Polls have shown a majority of the public is against it.

But the big money that owns Walker and the "Rs" wants it.

The bill is almost an exact copy of what the Koch Brother's ALEC lobbying group wants.
Are you comfortable with them writing laws? I'm not.

Just like before, he fails to even mention any of this during his reelection campaign last year.
But as soon as the new session starts, he rams through a piece of legislation his corporate owners want.

How do you make the jump from RTW to anti Union.

RTW is pro worker. Usually the wage stays the same, but the employee doesn't have to support corruption if they choose not to.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Niki1

***Crooked politician? Isn't that like "dead corpse"?

:)
Finding a politician with good character, honest, a good sense of right and wrong. Now THAT would be news worthy.

"Once a man's elected to public office, he's just not fit for honest work anymore." Will Rogers

"Once a man's elected to public office,or admitted to the Bar, he's just not fit for honest work anymore."

Fixed that for you.