mirage62

Let's review Ferguson - objectively

Andy9o8

To my way of thinking a police shooting should be investigated by people outside of the officer's on department.

Yes, but it needs to go beyond just outside of the department. If/when it gets to the level of being investigated by prosecutors, that must be done a Prosecutor's office outside of the same local/county jurisdiction served by the officer/police dept being investigated. Prosecutors have a very close, repetitive relationship with the cops whose arrests they routinely prosecute. So in the case of possible police misconduct, this creates an impossible, and I think really obvious, conflict of interest if the DA's office that's investigating cops is the same one they work closely with every day.

There are various ways this can be done. Some states have state Attorney General offices that are separate from county DA offices. In other states, the county prosecutors are under the general umbrella of the state attorney general, but each county has its own separate office run by a separate county-level supervising prosecutor. Either way, the local prosecutor's office should recuse itself, and the investigation should be done either by the state attorney general's office (if separate), or by a local prosecutor's office from clear on the other side of the state. If neither option is practical, then there's no choice but to appoint an outside special prosecutor to investigate the case and head-up the grand jury.

This (recusal of the local DA) was not done in the Ferguson case, and if my memory's correct I'm pretty sure it wasn't done in the Staten Island case, either. How'd that work out for public trust and confidence in the objective integrity of The System?

I have been reading your posts in this thread with great interest
And I agree with you for the most part save for the last sentence of your post above
Now, while all the points you make would have a positive affect on public trust, I submit that if not for the race baitors and the compliant media, the distrust and unrest would never get to the level seen in Ferguson

In my view, we are where we are at because of the jackasses like Sharpton spewing his venom into the situation

That said, everything else you pointed out would be very hard to argue with
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

In my view, we are where we are at because of the jackasses like Sharpton spewing his venom into the situation

Larry Wilmore on Sharpton:

In re Oscar snubs for Selma’s director and lead actor, Wilmore complained, “I wish there was a black Hollywood expert who could go to bat for us.” It’s followed by a news clip of Al Sharpton calling for an emergency meeting next week in Hollywood to discuss “possible action around the Academy Awards.”

“Sharpton?! Again!?” Wilmore marveled. “I mean, no one else can represent? Al: slow down, man! You don’t have to respond to every black emergency You’re not black Batman…I mean, look at yourself, Al Sharpton. I appreciate your efforts but you’re literally stretching yourself thin. Take a break… Al. You need to eat food – not just air time.”

:D
Source: http://deadline.com/2015/01/nightly-show-debuts-larry-wilmore-jon-stewart-1201353539/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

First world white perspective is awesome.

Not sure what you mean by this
Not sure I want to know either
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Ignoring the history of inner city ghettos with local cops could 'splain a lot.
It has TONS to do with the lack of trust and confidence.

If those damn blacks would behave, we wouldn't have this issue, would we?

You should do a little looking into the stories about Ferguson
those not in the national media
I think you may find yourself a bit , ah, lets say, in error, about this particular place
As for your comment in general?
what ever[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

:|

:D:D:D

ETA - now you're just being flat out dishonest, or ignorant of the facts. Or both.

Actually, I think I have more of the facts than you do
You just have talking points
Abraham Lincoln

I've never lived in an area where the local authorities passed laws preventing land ownership based on my skin color.
Or taken away the jobs once the feds changed that law.
Or changed laws and school districts to keep blacks from contributing to the education system for all colors.
Unemployment for blacks is STILL close to 50%, just like whitey likes.
...and whitey on the moon.

If they lift the gag there will be transparency rather than concealment.

Exactly!!

Specially since the perception is that it is highly unusual for a prosecutor not to get what he/she wants from the Grand Jury.

That happening twice with regards to similar cases requires some transparancy

I've never lived in an area where the local authorities passed laws preventing land ownership based on my skin color.
Or taken away the jobs once the feds changed that law.
Or changed laws and school districts to keep blacks from contributing to the education system for all colors.

Huh?

Are we talking history or something or do you have the day off and your hammered a little early :P
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Ferguson history.
It's important in cases like this.

Put a cop at the gate to make sure all the Negroes are out before the sun goes down too.
Don't want THEM in OUR neighborhoods after dark.
Those people are scary.

There is an interesting tidbit about the history of that area that this group should get a kick out of actually.
First parachute jump! (depending on your source of information for that, it may actually list different cities...for obvious reasons!)

normiss

Based on your comments, it is impossible that you have any facts of racial tensions in that area.
Or you have chosen, like most white people, to ignore it.
The PGA tour in a few years could be interesting....

You will have to forgive me. I forgot liberals are never wrong and insulting like to remind those they disagree with
Abraham Lincoln

So you've chosen to also ignore Ferguson's history.

The "history" I wonder about is the ratio of black officers, other than that or some 50 year old sin of the evil ol white folks....I'm not sure of what your suggesting.

BTW I'M pretty sure I owe you and your wife a beer at Fitz!
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Let me help you out here. Before M.B. Ferguson was a majority black city whose majority of black citizens didn't give a fuck who ran the city. In 2 years it will return to that. In between you had every huckster in the land looking to make a buck off a cop doing his job and a dead thug, including his sperm and egg donors, media, politicians, neighborhood organizers, and the race baiters.

Wait! I have an idea. What if we paid them to have kids?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

So you've chosen to also ignore Ferguson's history.
Got it!

Please state where I have said or hinted to that. If not stop speaking for others. I chose to ignore this stupid inciteful drivel from now on.

Put a cop at the gate to make sure all the Negroes are out before the sun goes down too. Don't want THEM in OUR neighborhoods after dark.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

That's inaccurate according to history we can find online.
They were PREVENTED from being involved in the city, so I'd say they were forced to not give a fuck.
I'm not making any money off of this insanity in any way at all.
I'm trying to understand why we as a country continue to create this exact environment in most of our larger communities. Mike Brown didn't create the environment he lived in. While he clearly made some horribly costly decisions, the problem has only become worse. Nationwide.
Ignoring those facts while simply blaming racist environments on the ones with the race, is insanity.