RonD1120

Here is a Christmas message for men only

>There has to be some regulation for long term stability. People/organization have
>shown over and over again that they will chose short term profitability over long term
>sustainability time and time again.

And I've got no problem with that. That's up to them - PROVIDED their behavior doesn't harm anyone else.

Congratulations to you and Skydekker on the highjack of the thread.

In an attempt to swing it back, I pose a question to anyone still following the theme of males becoming men. The next time you go to the DZ look around at those males who are considered skygods. How many are actually making mortgage payments and adequately providing for their wives and children?

If a guy is making more than 100-200 jumps per year he is probably a DZ bum. That's OK if that is your choice. The problem in America is that more and more men are abdicating responsibility, not just skydivers.

I believe that is why the LBGT movement is growing. You can have sex for gratification without long term responsibility. Even with same sex marriage social responsibility is greatly reduced.

Is it any wonder that the women who have posted here have distrust for male partnership? Males are too self-centered to be good mates. Women seek to be helpers to someone trustworthy.

The males that have responded here with fallacious arguments that the Bible instructs husbands to beat their wives are sending a strong message of inadequacy. That message is that they are not able to be the sole provider in their household. Their wives have to work in order to survive. If a wife is earning half of the money she definitely has the right and the power to make important decisions.

That is the shame of where America has gone awry. It takes two incomes to pay for our desires. Therefore, we vote in favor of a government that claims to provide our needs.

Men you have to man up. However, it may be too late.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

wolfriverjoe

I will stand on the principle that if a woman is loved she will respect her husband and submit to him. Because he, by command, will love her as he loves himself.

It would seem that you and GeorgiaDon have difficulty with sharing love in the sense that the husband and wife are one flesh.

Ummm.... I too (and probably a LOT of others) have difficulty sharing your version of love if it means submitting and bowing to my husband.

Pfft. Didn't you read the title?

"For MEN only."

You wimmen aren't capable of reading and understanding this kind of stuff.

It's a man thing.

Now go get me a sammich and a beer.

And take off your shoes. It's winter time.

:)

We really need a sarcasm font. :P

Note: I'm kidding.
Unfortunately, others actually do hold this point of view.

hahahaha... I was waiting for a reply like this. Good deal! ::walks away to kitchen to make a sammich for the hubby:: ;);)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

RonD1120

Congratulations to you and Skydekker on the highjack of the thread.

In an attempt to swing it back, I pose a question to anyone still following the theme of males becoming men. The next time you go to the DZ look around at those males who are considered skygods. How many are actually making mortgage payments and adequately providing for their wives and children?

If a guy is making more than 100-200 jumps per year he is probably a DZ bum. That's OK if that is your choice. The problem in America is that more and more men are abdicating responsibility, not just skydivers.

I believe that is why the LBGT movement is growing. You can have sex for gratification without long term responsibility. Even with same sex marriage social responsibility is greatly reduced.

Is it any wonder that the women who have posted here have distrust for male partnership? Males are too self-centered to be good mates. Women seek to be helpers to someone trustworthy.

The males that have responded here with fallacious arguments that the Bible instructs husbands to beat their wives are sending a strong message of inadequacy. That message is that they are not able to be the sole provider in their household. Their wives have to work in order to survive. If a wife is earning half of the money she definitely has the right and the power to make important decisions.

That is the shame of where America has gone awry. It takes two incomes to pay for our desires. Therefore, we vote in favor of a government that claims to provide our needs.

I think you may just find that the conversation gets derailed cause nobody wants to deal with the crazy uncle at the Christmas Party.

Sorry for insulting you in the last thread, I will try to reply better in this one.

If you define responsibility as a man taking sole care of a family you may be right. Responsibility can also mean to be responsible for one's own life decisions, the whole right to pursue happiness and such. I don't know if it's wise to judge others by their life decisions.

I think the reasons for this are complex and many.
Not in the least, that LGBT people have been and are discriminated against, they are denied basic human rights for example.
Another reasons would be the declining influence of religion.
LBGT rights groups are not some huge orgy organizations like you seem to imagine.
Ron, nobody chooses their sexuality. You must understand this if you ever want understand anything the LBGT community does.

You seem to think that all woman want a traditional partnership with a male. Nowadays a lot of woman do not want be dependent on a man that is not as you say, trustworthy. Woman can now get an education to gain the necessary skills to compete on the job market against men, that was simply not possible in the past.
Birth Control has played the most important role in the emancipation of woman. This has given woman power than any other invention in the history of mankind.

I agree here, I would however take it one step further and say a partnership should always be equal regardless of who makes how much.

It often takes two incomes simply to survive for many families.
But you should also not forget that a woman who has a job is also much more independent and has the right make her life how she sees fit, work or stay at home.

Finally I just want to say the traditional family(single income from the husband, stay at home mom) is no longer desirable for many woman and men, I think that's where your thinking goes awry.

RonD1120

Uh, Ron? I think you're seriously out of touch with the modern skydiving scene. Just sayin.

Which is why many gay couples have been fighting for equal adoption rights so they can raise families. Yeah, makes sense. Or maybe the LGBT movement is growing because it's getting ever easier for them to be LGBT without being taken into the woods by a group of your cronies and taught the error of their ways.

They're not posting against partnership with men - they're posting against the unequal partnership that you're espousing.

That message is that they are not able to be the sole provider in their household. Their wives have to work in order to survive. If a wife is earning half of the money she definitely has the right and the power to make important decisions.

And your message is that this is a bad thing. Why?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I believe you have made an accurate analysis of the American society. That is our downfall and will destroy us as a nation and a world power.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Interesting choice of words to avoid the topic. Be that as it may, I worked in the world until I was almost 67. The Lord led us up here, along with many other couples, in 2012. Almost every month we meet a new arriving couple from somewhere in FL and they say the same thing. That is came up for a visit and the Lord told them to move here. He is definitely gathering some of His people here for His purpose. At 72 I don't feel like my tail is between my legs at all. I believe my wife and I have been blessed and we feel at peace and safe.

SkyDekker

***Or, it may be that it is too embarrassing to discuss personal inadequacy.

I am indeed not adequate enough to hide in the mountains with my tail between my legs, while trying to attack other people's livelihoods from behind a keyboard.

Why? You do a fantastic job of attacking rons beliefs on a daily basis.

regulator

******Or, it may be that it is too embarrassing to discuss personal inadequacy.

I am indeed not adequate enough to hide in the mountains with my tail between my legs, while trying to attack other people's livelihoods from behind a keyboard.

Why? You do a fantastic job of attacking rons beliefs on a daily basis.

There is a difference between disagreeing on beliefs on the internet and trying to attack someone's lifelihood in the real world (because you don't agree with his beliefs on the internet)

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Does this give him the right to beat her after marriage? Hell, he already paid the price for raping her.
Your God is insane.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

RonD1120

No man has the right to beat his wife or any woman. Only Islam holds to that belief.

Ok, so Christians only gang up on men and beat them up. Nice distinction.

Raises the question of how the good Christian should man up and make his wife submit to him when she doesn't want to?

RonD1120

He should love her as he loves himself.

And she likes that, but she's going to keep on making her own decisions because she's an equal partner in the relationship and not his domestic servant.

What does the real man do now?

And here is the entrance to the rabbit hole. What do you do when your wife wants to buy the house in the suburbs and you want to stay in the city? What do you do when your wife wants to attend the bridge party and you want to go to the pub? How do you and your wife decide which are family decisions and which are individual decisions?

And here is the entrance to the rabbit hole. What do you do when your wife wants to buy the house in the suburbs and you want to stay in the city? What do you do when your wife wants to attend the bridge party and you want to go to the pub? How do you and your wife decide which are family decisions and which are individual decisions?

How do you make those decisions? Is it always whatever the man wants,he gets?

Personally, my wife and I discuss it and come to an agreement. My opinion doesn't carry any more weight than hers because I have a penis, and can beat her in a fist fight.

- Dan G

RonD1120

Doesn't matter. In your ideal scenario the wife submits. So the husband decides which decisions are family decisions, and then the husband decides all of them.

So what does the truly manly husband do when the wife doesn't agree with that chain of command?