kallend

Unbelievable how stupid people can be.

BIGUN

WAIT!!!

You trying to say there's no Santa?!?!??!

Foolishness, I see him every year. :)

I don't doubt that you see Santa. I see him too, although I was told that those are really "Santa's Helpers" when I was a kid.
I never saw a real Santa come down the chimney and leave stuff behind under the tree.

And even if you do preach "Santology" to your kids, I'll bet you are the one who goes out and buys the presents for them (and wraps them and puts them under the tree).

I know lots of people who see God's work in their lives. They can cite numerous examples of God "doing for them what they couldn't do for themselves."

I won't denigrate or disrespect someone's belief in any deity (including Santa), but when people expect a dead body to be resurrected, especially one that's rotting to the point that they can't stand the smell, that's, well...

Unbelievably stupid.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

BIGUN

******I know, right?

Well-renowned modern physicists like Artigas, Wheeler, Barbour, etc. all believing and in some cases actually writing about the existence of God.

Such Foolishness. :)

Well, there have been three players in the NBA who were shorter than 5'7". You can ALWAYS find outliers.

I do not believe that science can disprove the existence of God; I think that impossible.

Science makes no claim to do that.

Anyhow, which god? There are thousands of recognized gods to choose from. The evidence in support of the existence of any of them is exactly the same - ZERO. The only difference between a believer and an atheist is that one denies the existence of 100% of them based on absence of evidence, and the other denies the existence of 99.97% of them for the same reason.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There was a group of us at work that used to talk about all kinds of stuff, including religion, in a very open way. There were devout atheists, agnostics, etc. Since we all pretty much respected each other because of work, we were able to discuss religion abstractly with no issues.

One time we were talking about the concept of sin. I joked that since I was raised as a liberal Lutheran, it was great, because we could commit all the major sins. One of the other guys, a devout Mormon, very quietly and kindly said "So can we." It was clear exactly what he meant, and there was zero meanness about it.

It was really great, and an eye opener about the inside of what many consider to be a cult.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It is my understanding that we do not commit sin, we live in sin. To be forgiven of living in sin we must be born again.

John 3 New King James Version (NKJV)

The New Birth
3 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Those of us for whom this phenomena is a real event seek to share it. It is a good thing.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No one can make anyone see the light. You either want to see it or not. Over the past several years you have convinced me that you love the dark. Some day that may change but not today.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I did not read the Bible and then accept Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. I accepted Christ into my life and then studied the Bible to understand what happened to me. I desired an explanation of the change that took place in my spirit.

Andy9o8

... spiritual existence is presumed and constantly reinforced (and lack thereof is subject to intense and often coercive negative reinforcement).

For example:

RonD1120

(to normiss) Over the past several years you have convinced me that you love the dark.

QED. Thank you.

normiss

You'd think some of the history could possibly remind you of the ISIS behavior today.
:)

Although burning at the stake did take longer and was significantly more tortuous than lobbing off one's head.

well at least we know where you stand. If anyone speaks their mind of their beliefs you are there to bash them every single time. Without hesitation.

You know I wonder...do you treat every religion with as much dislike? I don't really recall you ever bashing any buddists or muslims.

kallend

*********I know, right?

Well-renowned modern physicists like Artigas, Wheeler, Barbour, etc. all believing and in some cases actually writing about the existence of God.

Such Foolishness. :)

Well, there have been three players in the NBA who were shorter than 5'7". You can ALWAYS find outliers.

I do not believe that science can disprove the existence of God; I think that impossible.

Science makes no claim to do that.

Anyhow, which god? There are thousands of recognized gods to choose from. The evidence in support of the existence of any of them is exactly the same - ZERO. The only difference between a believer and an atheist is that one denies the existence of 100% of them based on absence of evidence, and the other denies the existence of 99.97% of them for the same reason.

Whats even more humurous is that some people in your line of work thought it was a good idea to refer to the higgs boson as the 'god' particle.

Irony at its best.

Yeah...they NEVER bash us non-believers!
:P
I've had a lifetime of that shit being force fed to me.
No matter where you look, turn, go, TV, work, family get togethers, ad nauseum, it's in every fiber of life. They can tolerate a few disbelievers. I do not inject my disbelief in every aspect of my life. Just a public forum that was created specifically for that purpose. :P

Buddhism is IMO the only decent organized religion on the planet. It's THE singular religion with love, respect, and decency to all beings, not just those special "touched" ones.

Muslims remind me of the ancient christians. I thought I made that clear with the previous comment.

Convert or die is goat fuck stoopid.

Have a nice day!
B|

normiss

Which goes back to my previous smart ass comment though.
How different is ISIS from what christianity WAS?

Very little actually, I think of ISIS and the Radical Muslim surge into Europe and North America as the reverse Crusades and Spanish Inquisition combined.