stayhigh

What's your thought over an inmate taking over 2 hours to die in a botched execution?

Niki1

***I think I've said this on here before, but vets put dogs, horses, etc. to sleep all the time - quickly, humanely, effectively. Are our elected officials too goddamn stupid to ask a veterinarian what he uses to put down a 1200 pound horse?

Do you really have to ask?

The Deeper the Red does seem to say that yes indeed they are.

http://www.ragingchickenpress.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/US_Execution_numbers_by_state.svg_.png

>I'm not a murderer.

Exactly. So how would you feel to be facing execution given that you are not a murderer? If you were falsely accused in such a manner, would you rather be facing a needle or a long prison sentence while your lawyers were working to exonerate you?

So the judicial process to send someone to life in prison is cheaper??

I still don't get it.

Who makes all this money during these trials??

Do DA and Judge makes more money depending on length and harshness of sentences?

If these criminals have appointed attorney; do these attorneys make more money over the case that involves death penalty?
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

>So the judicial process to send someone to life in prison is cheaper??

Yes, because it is reversible.

>Who makes all this money during these trials?

Lawyers, police called to testify, evidence labs, courthouse guards, clerks, legal researchers etc etc.

Exactly. So how would you feel to be facing execution given that you are not a murderer? If you were falsely accused in such a manner, would you rather be facing a needle or a long prison sentence while your lawyers were working to exonerate you?

To tell you all the truth, I just don't concern myself with such topics, agendas or what ever. It has no impact on my life in any shape, form or fashion.

rwieder

One must wonder what you would feel like were those tables turned.

I'm not a murderer. As far as the tables being turned, they're not. So nothing more to say here.

Neither was Cameron Todd Willingham: http://www.themarshallproject.org/2014/08/03/did-texas-execute-an-innocent-man-willingham/
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

billvon

>I'm not a murderer.

And yet murderers get away scott free every day due to not enough evidence.

billvon

>So the judicial process to send someone to life in prison is cheaper??

Yes, because it is reversible.

Reversible? No. Correctable? No. Attemptable to amend/compensate? Sorta.

A wrongly convicted person who was almost definitely raped on numerous occasions, may have had their spouse leave them, possibly denied access to their children is never going to be the same, even if fully exonerated and released.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

regulator

***>I'm not a murderer.

And yet murderers get away scott free every day due to not enough evidence.

So you think it would be okay to increase the number of innocents convicted to increase the number of guilty convicted?

As long as none of the innocents are you and/or people you care about right?

This whole topic is a pretty decent manifestation of NIMBY.

rwieder

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" Absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Don't sin if you don't want to perish...thankfully, the "time" has been paid by our lord Jesus Christ. Death is easy, but the second death is hard time. I'm willing to leave the most hardened criminal in the hole for as long as he can live if it gives him a chance at redemption...

Isn't that what it's all about? Redemption?

Redemption of our soul?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

When I was imprisoned, hardly anybody was going to bible study - just me and another brother...by the end of my stay, practically everyone in our wing was lining up anxiously awaitng to learn the truth. These guys can be reached...

Edit:
Let's just let the DP go...there are only 25-50 executions per year anyway. It's not worth wasting our time fighting that battle...I'd much rather spend that time fighting the ideological battle of abortion, specifically, the nearly 2000 late term abortions performed each year in this country...which is down nearly 50% in the last 10 years, thanks be to God.

Religion preys on the weak(mentally) and the poor(financially)

You use the word "Religion" as a "Blanket Remark" to cover commercial and private Religion institutions. Please don't do that as it's not fair to Christians who have just their Churches in their perspective cities. We, the MS Lutheran churches do not solicit money and goods from anyone save for our Communicate Members. Your remark includes us with the 700 Clubs and such as that, we're private, not commercial. Thanks: Richard

What about the other half of his statement?

I can't speak to it, b/c I have no real or personal knowledge of that part. I just didn't want everyone to think this is the status quo of all religions. DasZit!

"You're holding the rope and I'm taking the fall"

stayhigh

Religion preys on the weak(mentally) and the poor(financially).

There is no doubt some truth to that...

Scripture actually teaches against "religion." This is where you actually have to give yourself over and actually study the bible for what it actually says in all of is historical, cultural and circumstantial context, along with the original language...it's not easy and it's apparent you're ignorant of it.

None of this knowledge is actually necessary for "salvation," but it might help to have somewhat of a basic knowledge if you'll be harping against it...

Btw, what's your definition of mentally weak? I know of a lot of atheists who also fit that description...

Just replying to your post Mark...

Interesting twist happened in the use of a popular expert witness for the states concerning the drug cocktail.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/states-longtime-lethal-injection-expert-ends-role?ocid=ansnews11

It will likely be difficult for any state to find an experienced anesthesiologist willing to argue some of the medical opinions that Dershwitz provided, said Dr. Mark Heath, a Columbia University anesthesiologist who often testifies for inmates challenging injection methods.

In particular, Dershwitz was an advocate for the two-drug method involving the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone, the two drugs used in the prolonged Ohio and Arizona executions, Heath said.

"I think it's very unlikely that any other medical experts who are familiar with these drugs will be willing to support that drug combination," Heath said.

The states where Dershwitz provided expert opinion are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.

I thought of this thread last night when I caught a bit piece on the unreliability of eye witnesses in the MO incident.
Yet we have repeatedly given out the DP based solely on eye witness testimony.
[:/]
Hopefully someday we will understand this and stop.