Amazon

Dominionists in America

tkhayes

No we don't read the scripture that you provide as proof that the scripture is somehow correct. That is because we have the ability to freely think outside of that box that you appear to be in.

Shariah Law = Christian Law = David Koresh Law = Taliban Law = ....etc

I'll have none of it in my public policy, thanks very much. What you do in you churches/homes/temples of worship/whatever is your business. Keep it out of my business.

+1
Thank you... :)

DanG

Another POV is for you to just keep your business isolated away from the public policy. In case you hadn't noticed, Christians are part of the public.

I don't think he meant, "my business" as in his place of business. I took it to mean, "my life." There is no way to keep public policy out of your life.

And in case you haven't noticed, athiests, Muslins, Jews, Hindus, Zoarstrians, Wiccans, Buddhists, and FSMists are part of the public, too.

Right, and all these groups make up society, and society imposes restrictions on itself based on how our world views have been influenced. When these restrictions are perceived to threaten civil liberties, then we have a court system to sort it all out...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

DanG

Another POV is for you to just keep your business isolated away from the public policy. In case you hadn't noticed, Christians are part of the public.

I don't think he meant, "my business" as in his place of business. I took it to mean, "my life." There is no way to keep public policy out of your life.

And in case you haven't noticed, athiests, Muslins, Jews, Hindus, Zoarstrians, Wiccans, Buddhists, and FSMists are part of the public, too.

Life is a lot easier if you live with your own kind. So far I haven't seen any of the above in my area.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

ibx

Life is a lot easier if you live with your own kind. So far I haven't seen any of the above in my area.

I think some people in Belfast will beg to differ.

Not to mention Lutzvania
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Life is a lot easier if you live with your own kind.

That life may be easier, but life is a lot better and more enriching if people are free to live wherever they want, and worship as they please, without their ignorant neighbors or overreaching government discriminating against them for it.

So far I haven't seen any of the above in my area.

So what would you do if a Muslim family moved into your town?

- Dan G

DanG

That life may be easier, but life is a lot better and more enriching if people are free to live wherever they want, and worship as they please, without their ignorant neighbors or overreaching government discriminating against them for it.

The head of the muslim family would probably be found drowned in the local pond filled with all those precious bodily fluids that are being protected.

DanG

The same thing I did in Tampa with Muslims popping up everywhere, that is nothing.

Tampa is a conflicted community on many fronts. Social antagonisms exist everywhere. CAIR in Tampa is creating problems in the school system but I don't have kids in school.

My stepdaughter has had a few run-ins with her daughter's school regarding prejudice against Christian dress while allowing Muslim dress.

Since I am still new in this community I can only guess how they would react to a Muslim family. One fact does glaringly stand out, there aren't any now.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

The same thing I did in Tampa with Muslims popping up everywhere, that is nothing.

Tampa is a conflicted community on many fronts. Social antagonisms exist everywhere. CAIR in Tampa is creating problems in the school system but I don't have kids in school.

My stepdaughter has had a few run-ins with her daughter's school regarding prejudice against Christian dress while allowing Muslim dress.

Since I am still new in this community I can only guess how they would react to a Muslim family. One fact does glaringly stand out, there aren't any now.

Well there's a shocker

DanG

What is Christian dress?

Displaying the cross in various modes of attire.

DanG

I find it very hard to believe that a public school would ban a child from wearing a cross.

It happened. My stepdaughter prevailed in her arguments but the point is, she had to fight for her daughter's rights.

DanG

Do you think the Muslims also had to fight for their right to wear their clothing?

No, the attitude of political correctness allowed their custom. CAIR stated they wanted to live in peace but Christian symbols are offensive. Therefore, Christians must not wear them. I believe both are permitted now but the question is, we are natural born Americans, why should we change?

It is similar to the California school system not allowing students to wear American flag T-shirts because it is offensive to illegal Mexicans.

They are coming up for a visit next month. I will ask what the current situation is in the school system.

No, the attitude of political correctness allowed their custom. CAIR stated they wanted to live in peace but Christian symbols are offensive. Therefore, Christians must not wear them.

I'm sure that was your perception. I doubt it very much.

I believe both are permitted now but the question is, we are natural born Americans, why should we change?

One, how do you know the Muslims weren't natural born Americans? Two, it sounds like no one had to change in the end anyway.

It is similar to the California school system not allowing students to wear American flag T-shirts because it is offensive to illegal Mexicans.

That case was very strange, and I think the decision was wrong. The principal was trying to prevent ethnic violence, but he clearly overstepped his bounds.

- Dan G

Except from turtle's first link:

Superintendent Steve Sexton said the policy is for student safety.

"We had information from law enforcement that there were documented instances of gang activity in the area and we had information that states that the rosary was being used as a symbol of gang affiliation," Sexton said.

He said rosaries have been used as gang-identification symbols in Oregon, Arizona and Texas.

Fremont Public Schools said the district has no problem with students wearing jewelry or clothing to express their faith, but rosaries are an exception.

So Christian dress is not being excluded, just rosaries which are being used to denote gang affiliation.

Second link is similar, with only rosaries, not crosses or other Christian dress, being banned.

- Dan G

DanG

Except from turtle's first link:

Superintendent Steve Sexton said the policy is for student safety.

"We had information from law enforcement that there were documented instances of gang activity in the area and we had information that states that the rosary was being used as a symbol of gang affiliation," Sexton said.

He said rosaries have been used as gang-identification symbols in Oregon, Arizona and Texas.

Fremont Public Schools said the district has no problem with students wearing jewelry or clothing to express their faith, but rosaries are an exception.

So Christian dress is not being excluded, just rosaries which are being used to denote gang affiliation.

Second link is similar, with only rosaries, not crosses or other Christian dress, being banned.

I have never heard that rosaries are gang signs, or affiliation markers. I have lived in Texas for over 35 years.

When asked for proof, Steve couldn't come up with anything but hear say. i.e. Well, I heard it bfrom a guy I know that knows a guy.:S

Maybe they were trying to join the David Beckam Gang.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

When asked for proof, Steve couldn't come up with anything but hear say. i.e. Well, I heard it bfrom a guy I know that knows a guy.

Yeah, that's exactly what, "We had information from law enforcement that there were documented instances of gang activity in the area and we had information that states that the rosary was being used as a symbol of gang affiliation," means.

- Dan G

DanG

When asked for proof, Steve couldn't come up with anything but hear say. i.e. Well, I heard it bfrom a guy I know that knows a guy.

Yeah, that's exactly what, "We had information from law enforcement that there were documented instances of gang activity in the area and we had information that states that the rosary was being used as a symbol of gang affiliation," means.

It really does.

He had no proof, he had hearsay.

What would you think of Obama saying something like - oh, I don't know . . .
maybe "He acted stupidly." when in fact Obama couldn't prove anything, he acted on his gut, which was racist, but that is a different matter.

He had no proof, he had hearsay.

So when a police official comes to the school and says, "We have information that a shooter is on his way to the school," you'll be just fine when the principal says, "I'm sorry, I can't act on that, it's just heresay."

- Dan G