BillyVance

Score one for gun owners

No one cares about your irrelevant "simple fact."

LOL

You and Kelp must at least care. You and him have been spending quite a bit of time trying to weasel out of it.

At least now you are admitting it is a fact. See we are slowly getting somewhere.

(You might have a bit of an unusual fixation on kallend though. Not sure why you are trying to use my statements to try and support or counter your arguments with kallend.)

SkyDekker wrote:

No it was derailed by kelpdiver stating that the manufacturing of guns and cocaine/heroin is identical.

It's hilarious seeing you whine like a broken horse about your words being twisted, and then you write gems like this.

Well, you did write the following:

kallend wrote:

Guns don't start out illegal. They start out legal and somewhere along the line hundreds of thousands each year make the move from legal gun owners to criminals.

Do they come from the same place as legal cocaine? Or heroin?

next point:

The entire discussion started with Kallend's opt repeated claim that careless gun owners are the source for criminals to get guns. So of course our comments will be focused on that.

Yes I agree. Except in your mind you understood the following:

The entire discussion started with Kallend's opt repeated claim that careless US gun owners are the source for US criminals to get guns in the US. So of course our comments will be focused on that.

kallend

***review post #31.

Doesn't in any way invalidate the statistics I quoted. Some 1/4 million guns pass from legal owners to criminals every year in the USA.

the significance of the statistic is what's up for debate here.

I see lots of people freaking out about the fact that the broken Japanese nuclear plant is dumping 300 TONS OF RADIOACTIVE WATER PER DAY into the ocean and therefore we're all going to die from eating fish. It's only slightly more alarmist than what you're trying to do.

Anvilbrother

Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

Both. If you possess something both deadly and highly desired by criminals you have an obligation to protect it adequately. And if guns are so good at preventing crime, how come so many get stolen anyway?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anvilbrother

Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

I blame the criminal for breaking in of course.. BUT just stuffing them under a bed or in a closet is not adequately securing your weapons. And that includes children who might be visiting as well as a criminal breaking in... lock them up if you have them.

Amazon

***Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

I blame the criminal for breaking in of course.. BUT just stuffing them under a bed or in a closet is not adequately securing your weapons. And that includes children who might be visiting as well as a criminal breaking in... lock them up if you have them.

Ah - but what if you can only afford the gun? Maybe all you have was stolen from you and the crime area you live in prohibits the availability of proper gun storage?

Why do you hate the poor?

Shouldn't the poor be able to protect themselves too?

Are the rich people like you the only ones that should be catered to?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

Ah - but what if you can only afford the gun? Maybe all you have was stolen from you and the crime area you live in prohibits the availability of proper gun storage?

If you cannot protect it...it cannot protect you.

Amazon

*********Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

What is your solution?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

************Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

What is your solution?

What is yours.. I know what I do.. I have made it EXCEEDINGLY hard for someone to walk off with any.. and no I will not go into details.

Amazon

***************Like amazon do you blame the gun owner or the criminal for the stolen guns from locked private homes?

What is your solution?

What is yours.. I know what I do.. I have made it EXCEEDINGLY hard for someone to walk off with any.. and no I will not go into details.

Your solution for the ones that cant afford your level of security.

Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

http://www.sears.com/nbsp-5-gun-safe/p-SPM8010259717?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Amazon

Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

http://www.sears.com/nbsp-5-gun-safe/p-SPM8010259717?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Again . . what if you can't afford both.

You can't reasonably use a safe to defend yourself.

Why do you hate poor people? Why shouldn't they be able to protect themselves?

turtlespeed

***Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

Do as you will but please quit with the lame ass excuses for the sake of your usual attempt at being argumentative. I grew up dirt poor... grandfather felt a good safe for the families weapons trumped a wooden display case any day. Funny thing about that....but no one in my extended family has EVER had a gun stolen in a burglary... no child in our family has ever gotten ahold of a weapon and killed or wounded another family member or playmate. If you do not give a shit about protecting your family and others.. it is not my fault ... but I do think its damn irresponsible to not protect your weapons adequately.

Amazon

******Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

Do as you will but please quit with the lame ass excuses for the sake of your usual attempt at being argumentative. I grew up dirt poor... grandfather felt a good safe for the families weapons trumped a wooden display case any day. Funny thing about that....but no one in my extended family has EVER had a gun stolen in a burglary... no child in our family has ever gotten ahold of a weapon and killed or wounded another family member or playmate. If you do not give a shit about protecting your family and others.. it is not my fault ... but I do think its damn irresponsible to not protect your weapons adequately.

I gues you were lucky then.

turtlespeed

*********Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

I gues you were lucky then.

No luck to it... acting responsibly with firearms was a lesson well learned at a very early age. I know that is tough for some people to fathom or to achieve because like common sense responsibility is not always readily available to so many

Whaaat....!

That's the biggest load of bollocks since Batman's "To defeat fear you must become fear!"

Preventing your home being broken into and drawing your weapon to defend yourself have no correlation in either skill or any other metric.

Amazon

turtlespeed

I'm having a hard time understanding what, "crime area you live in prohibits the availability of proper gun storage" means. Do you mean you live in an area where criminals all have plasma cutters?

turtlespeed

***Well to start with.. a fairly decent safe costs less than half of what a decent weapon does. Once bolted to the house... at least you have tried.. which is a lot better than most of the morons out there with no clue do believing no one would dare break into their castle.:S.

If you can't properly take care of your weapon, maybe you shouldn't have one. Gun ownership is a right, not an entitlement. Aren't you right wingers always railing against entitlements?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

If you can't properly take care of your weapon, maybe you shouldn't have one. Gun ownership is a right, not an entitlement. Aren't you right wingers always railing against entitlements?

Out of curiosity, you've used the words "properly" and "adequately", do you evaluate those a posteriori? (i.e. "No one who has had a firearm stolen was protecting it properly or adequately.")

Backintothesky

Whaaat....!

That's the biggest load of bollocks since Batman's "To defeat fear you must become fear!"

Preventing your home being broken into and drawing your weapon to defend yourself have no correlation in either skill or any other metric.

If you can not protect it... it cannot protect you. If you are incapable of having the attendant responsibility as an owner and user of guns.. perhaps you should stick with golf clubs and spoons for protection.