airdvr

Fear and loathing in DC

rushmc

BTW

You did see that other link I provided of a study by experters in the glacial field didnt you?

You know
the one where they state the ice in those fields have been melting for 17,000 years?

And once again rushmc shows his complete lack of comprehension of the concept of rates of change.

What grade did you get in Calculus, Marc?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

BTW

You did see that other link I provided of a study by experters in the glacial field didnt you?

You know
the one where they state the ice in those fields have been melting for 17,000 years?

And once again rushmc shows his complete lack of comprehension of the concept of rates of change.

Once again John reduces himself to petty insults because he has nothing else

(same thing you did in the last post)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

BTW

You know

Once again John reduces himself to petty insults because he has nothing else

(same thing you did in the last post)

A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

Any more insults John?

(BTW, I was a three year National Honor Student in high school. I don’t remember my grades in Calculus or advanced math where we did differential equations but it must have been good enough. The reason I did so well was because we had a great teacher. Mr Reed. Oh, and he was a very polite man unlike other teachers I have had to deal with lately)
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

In that case you can figure out the fallacy in your own argument.:)

BTW, I was a three year National Honor Student in high school

So spelling and grammar weren't included back then?

kallend

***A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

Yet another gear shift and a direction change

Really John?

Really?:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

Really John?

Really. Anyone who has read this forum for more than a week will have noticed that your spelling and grammar and "National Honor Student" lack a certain, shall we say, consistency.

kallend

*********A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

Really John?

Really. Anyone who has read this forum for more than a week will have noticed that your spelling and grammar and "National Honor Student" lack a certain, shall we say, consistency.

:D:D

Have a good day John

But go bait someones elses ass

You are getting very tiring and lack people skills
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

************A better grade than you got in polite political discourse me thinks

Really John?

:D:D

Have a good day John

But go bait someones elses ass

You are getting very tiring and lack people skills

Well, YOU brought up your "National Honor Student" status, which makes it fair game, and now you're whining about it.

kallend

Well, YOU brought up your "National Honor Student" status, which makes it fair game, and now you're whining about it.

will you two quit your bitching??

Marc, you got trolled... you responded.

John, quit trolling. Go back to your classroom work, or get your TA's to do more work for you.

(considering it's probably between sessions, go fly one of your multicopters and produce us some more video to watch)
--
Rob

A rebuttal to the Presidents National Climate Assesment

http://www.scribd.com/doc/224538945/NCA-Rebuttal

Yup, a 2 parts per million increase per year of a gas that composes .04% of the atmosphere is going to destroy life as we know it during our lifetime.:S

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>Yup, a 2 parts per million increase per year of a gas that composes .04% of the
>atmosphere is going to destroy life as we know it during our lifetime.

Polonium makes up about .0000003% of your body. Let's increase that by 2 parts per million and see how you do. It can't possibly destroy life as you know it, right? That would be absurd.

(BTW it's not 2 parts per million in any case. 140 parts per million so far and climbing.)

billvon

(BTW it's not 2 parts per million in any case. 140 parts per million so far and climbing.)

Yes, with little to no observed affects that can be positively linked to the increase

It is a wonderful planet:)
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Yes, with little to no observed affects EFFECTS that can be positively linked to the increase

Well, National Honor Student, there are none so blind as those that will not see.

kallend

Yes, with little to no observed affects EFFECTS that can be positively linked to the increase

Well, National Honor Student, there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Awww John
Do you need a time out?

anyway

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/climate-change-scientists-petition/2014/05/20/id/572409/

While the United Nations and the Obama administration assert that climate change is settled science and requires dramatic regulatory oversight, 31,072 American scientists have signed the Petition Project, saying the issue remains decidedly unsettled.

"There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will in the foreseeable future cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate," the petition states.

"The purpose of the Petition Project is to demonstrate that the claim of 'settled science' and an overwhelming 'consensus' in favor of the hypothesis of human-caused global warming and consequent climatological damage is wrong," the petition asserts. "No such consensus or settled science exists."

Over 9,000 of the petition's signatories have a Ph.D. in a scientific field.

But John
I do have to agree with

None are so blind as those who refuse to see
Abraham Lincoln

I find this part even more interesting

But those are all myths, according to the World Climate Report, whose editor is climatologist Patrick Michaels, a prominent skeptic of Anthropogenic Global Warming — the notion that mankind's greenhouse gas emissions are driving catastrophic climate events.

Historical temperature records for the United States are spotty at best, and "after removing biases caused by urbanization, thermometer relocations, instrument changes, and so on, it is clear that there is no trend in mean annual temperatures in the last 65 years" in the United States, the World Climate Report found. In fact, "aside from a sharp rise from 1915 to 1930, when trace-gas concentrations were low, the trend is essentially zero."

The report also found that Northern Hemisphere temperature changes have been greatly exaggerated, and "based on the best available temperature records," the region has actually warmed only "about 0.65 degrees Celsius [about 1.1 degree F.] since 1860."

The report noted, "We weren't producing much [carbon dioxide] prior to 1945, so the greenhouse effect should have been most prevalent in the last 40 years. But most of the temperature increase occurred prior to 1945."

I have mentioned that the alarmists should perform an MSA (measurement system analyisis) on more than one occation

they still should but most likly would not like the results of such an effort so it will not happen
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

How about a link to what the "scientists" actually wrote, instead of Newsmax's cherry picked version?

(Meanwhile 97% of climate scientists, the National Academies, The DoD, and even Exxon-Mobil, disagree with them).

Not that you care

Adherents of the "science-is-settled" argument often cite a study that tabulated the number of times global warming appeared in abstracts of articles and concluded that 97 percent of climate scientists accept the theory that human activity causes global warming.

The 97 percent figure is highly misleading considering that only 32.6 percent of the scientists endorsed Anthropogenic Global Warming, while two-thirds expressed no position.

In 2013, Popular Technology contacted some of the scientists cited as belonging to the 97 percent. Craig D. Idso, chairman of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, was one of the scientists whose paper was cited as supporting the argument that humans cause global warming.

Asked by the magazine whether his work was properly represented, he said it was "not an accurate representation of my paper" and that it "would be incorrect to claim that our paper was an endorsement of CO2-induced global warming."

Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Yes, with little to no observed affects that can be positively linked to the increase

Other than the temperature rise.

Hmmmm

many are not so sure
Abraham Lincoln

>many are not so sure

True. Many are not even sure that evolution occurs, or that we inherit genetic characteristics via DNA, or that the Earth is orbiting the sun, or that vaccines work to prevent disease. Fortunately we don't base our laws on such people.

billvon

>many are not so sure

True. Many are not even sure that evolution occurs, or that we inherit genetic characteristics via DNA, or that the Earth is orbiting the sun, or that vaccines work to prevent disease. Fortunately we don't base our laws on such people.

Which is why the alarmist are the people you speak of and are daily loosing the debate
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>many are not so sure

Which is why the alarmist are the people you speak of and are daily loosing the debate

Yes, those retreating glaciers and ice loss in Antarctica are all part of a huge secret conspiracy by 97% of climate scientists, the National Academy of Sciences, NOAA, NASA and the Defense Department. Good job you and Newsmax and the Koch brothers have exposed it.

billvon

>Yup, a 2 parts per million increase per year of a gas that composes .04% of the
>atmosphere is going to destroy life as we know it during our lifetime.

Polonium makes up about .0000003% of your body. Let's increase that by 2 parts per million and see how you do. It can't possibly destroy life as you know it, right? That would be absurd.

Not a valid argument. Polonium is highly toxic. The earth actually needs CO2. Without it the trees would die. Why do you hate trees?

Edited to add: and yes, it's only climing at a rate of 2 parts per million

http://uscentrist.org/platform/positions/environment/context-environment/docs/HadleyMSU_temps_v_Co2.jpg/view
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Great, so at the current rate of CO2 is climbing in the atmosphere we'll hit 5% in 2.5 million years (give or take)....:S