wayneflorida

Redneck Road Rage / Instant Karma

Disclaimer, This is not me.:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqZoaWKv2k

Below is the statement by the video person.

This happened to me on SR 41 in Tampa on Monday March 24th. This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes. After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording. I couldn't move over because there were trucks in the right lane, and I sure as heck wasn't going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were. I was turning left in about a half-mile when this happened. Now bear in mind, that this guy had already passed a truck in a left turn lane, was tailgating and driving recklessly on a wet slick road, wasn't paying attention, and all in all being an ignorant ass. Not once was I mouthing off, I never brake checked him, and in fact until I watched the video after the accident I didn't even know he shot a bird at me because I wasn't looking at him at all, I was paying attention to the road while holding the phone up with my right hand. I've recorded circumstances like this before, catching idiots doing stupid things, but never ever had this happen.

He initially fled the scene of the accident, but thanks to this video he has been caught and charged. Massive props to the Sheriffs Department and most especially the Highway Patrol who responded to the scene. This moron could have easily killed somebody with his moronic behavior, and my laughing at the end would have been replaced with tears. Needless to say though, I've never seen Karma come back so fast.

*****EDITED TO ADD******

WOW! I go to work and come back to over 600,000 views and find it's on theblaze.com and various other media sites. I'm flabbergasted! (love for an excuse to use that word). I'm also a little saddened and shocked at some of the comments. After the umpteenth death threat and billionth time being called a b!#$h/c$%t/whore/slut/add whatever epithet you want... I am extremely amazed at how rude people are.

Apparently people seem to think that they were right there and know exactly what was going on. You weren't there. You don't know what happened other than the truth that I told. And apparently I did get a comment of someone who he had done this same thing to... thank you for that.

I appreciate the comments of those that, even if they disagreed with me, they didn't resort to bullyish behavior, they stated their response and I respect that. To those that wished death upon me, I truly hope your life isn't as miserable as you portray online. Because some of those comments belong to people that belong in a psycho ward, or at the very least, anger management/therapy. They were rude, uncalled for, and just downright mean.

So because of those hateful warmongers, I have disabled all commenting on this video. Have fun talking about me in your forums, and on Reddit, or wherever else you talk smack on. Just know... I won't be there. I think my ears are itching... somebody must be talking about me. Where's my Q-Tip?

Goodbye and have an awesome and amazing rest of your day. I'm gonna go pet my dog, feed my fish, watch some TV, and sit my "fat" self on my sofa ;)

First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person. This is straight up passive-aggressive behavior. Anyone that drives around videotaping other drivers is also an idiot, he was looking for this, perhaps the George Zimmerman of the Florida highways.

If you keep this type of behavior up in Florida, someone's gone stand their ground.

jclalor

First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person. This is straight up passive-aggressive behavior. Anyone that drives around videotaping other drivers is also an idiot, he was looking for this, perhaps the George Zimmerman of the Florida highways.

If you keep this type of behavior up in Florida, someone's gone stand their ground.

I think he was a she doing the video.

wayneflorida

***First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person. This is straight up passive-aggressive behavior. Anyone that drives around videotaping other drivers is also an idiot, he was looking for this, perhaps the George Zimmerman of the Florida highways.

I think you're right.

wayneflorida

***First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person. This is straight up passive-aggressive behavior. Anyone that drives around videotaping other drivers is also an idiot, he was looking for this, perhaps the George Zimmerman of the Florida highways.

Yes
and if one really watches the video one will see the semi flatbed truck she passes just befor the pickup swerves right and passes her

But of couse none are so smart as those who condem off handedly
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person. This is straight up passive-aggressive behavior. Anyone that drives around videotaping other drivers is also an idiot, he was looking for this, perhaps the George Zimmerman of the Florida highways.

Yes
and if one really watches the video one will see the semi flatbed truck she passes just befor the pickup swerves right and passes her

But of couse none are so smart as those who condem off handedly

@ the two second Mark the flatbed truck is almost parallel with the "victim", it appears she then paces him for about the next minute, keeping the road rager from being able to pass and then she slowly passes him and another vehicle, and she then still does not move over to the right hand lane.

She was looking to provoke a confrontation from the beginning.

Neutral observation: the road looked pretty dry to me. Didn't look like it was raining, either.

FWIW, I've dealt with about a zillion traffic accident cases in my career in just about every capacity - lawyer, spectator in court, arbitrator, mediator. I've also been driving for about 35 years. Based on that video, I'd assess blame for the overall situation at about 60% on the pickup driver for being aggressive, and about 40% on the vidiot for passive aggression. However, liability for the actual physical accident itself was about 90% on the pickup driver - he could have just flipped her off and sped off, but no, he deliberately pulled in to intimidate her, possibly even to clip her and/or run her off the road, and that's the final factor that caused the accident.

I've been alive for over 50 years. I'm not a passive person, and I get offended by people getting in my face or treating me unfairly. So sometimes I've responded in anger. And I can tell you that almost 100% of the time the result wound up being worse for me than had I kept my temper better in check.

Andy9o8

Neutral observation: the road looked pretty dry to me. Didn't look like it was raining, either.

FWIW, I've dealt with about a zillion traffic accident cases in my career in just about every capacity - lawyer, spectator in court, arbitrator, mediator. I've also been driving for about 35 years. Based on that video, I'd assess blame for the overall situation at about 60% on the pickup driver for being aggressive, and about 40% on the vidiot for passive aggression. However, liability for the actual physical accident itself was about 90% on the pickup driver - he could have just flipped her off and sped off, but no, he deliberately pulled in to intimidate her, possibly even to clip her and/or run her off the road, and that's the final factor that caused the accident.

I've been alive for over 50 years. I'm not a passive person, and I get offended by people getting in my face or treating me unfairly. So sometimes I've responded in anger. And I can tell you that almost 100% of the time the result wound up being worse for me than had I kept my temper better in check.

+1
On all counts
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person.

(Have not watched the video - just read the text here)

Note she said she intended to turn left in half a mile, so changing lanes to the right may not be a valid suggestion. Of course, she may be bullshitting us there.

I also reject the notion that she's the bitch here. There's nothing P-A about retaliating to dicks this way - it's straight up tit for tat. Potentially unwise, of course, but moving over is effectively enabling.

kelpdiver

***First of all if you watch, this idiot had room to move over, or he was pacing the vehicle in the right lane, effectively blocking the person.

(Have not watched the video - just read the text here)

Note she said she intended to turn left in half a mile, so changing lanes to the right may not be a valid suggestion. Of course, she may be bullshitting us there.

I also reject the notion that she's the bitch here. There's nothing P-A about retaliating to dicks this way - it's straight up tit for tat. Potentially unwise, of course, but moving over is effectively enabling.

She was traveling at 60 mph for over a minute, so that's a distance of 1 mile, perhaps she really did intend to turn in 0.5 miles but instead got caught up with all the excitement. Both of those people are the worst type that you want to see on the road; one that is purposely trying to impede others and one that's a rode rager. Their actions put everyone at risk, is the rager more responsible? Absolutely. If the truck had spun about 5 seconds later he may have been hit head on by a semi.

This one hits a little close to home for me because I have a sister that could have been driving either vehicles. She thrives on punishing people that she perceives as poor drivers.

This may be over 60 years old, but it's still dead on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAZ_xu0DCg

She was looking to provoke a confrontation from the beginning.

/\ This. The Video alone is enough to see her culpability. Her lying about road conditions proves it even further. Not to mention that She taunted the guy after he crashed. Not Shmaht... Two Idiots crossed paths. Skeeter now has strong motivation to find Honey Boo Boo's aunt. She was probably going to/leaving work, or some other pattern in her life. This isn't over. She's got a nutcase after her.

TV interview a few minutes ago. She said she was turning left in 2 or 3 miles (not .5 miles). She also said she has previously, on several occasions, videoed drivers which she has deemed to be aggressive. The p.u. truck driver was an asshole (the bad kind). But, to me, it seems that she likes to play a dangerous game with no comprehension of just how dangerous it can be. I got the impression that she enjoys inducing road-rage in a twisted, self-righteous kind of way. Obviously, if you do that enough times you will eventually run across a real nut, like the PU truck driver and you will get some TV fame, one way or the other. She was almost giddy in the interview. I've run across these types a few times. Best to leave them in front of you rather than behind. Just my opinion.

jclalor

***She shot video in portrait-aspect, so I have no problem with people condemning her.

What does portrait aspect mean?

The long dimension of the screen is vertical, i.e. tall but not very wide.

The other possibility is "landscape", which means the long axis is horizontal, i.e. more wide than tall.

Computer printers use the same term for the orientation of a sheet of paper.

Maybe we need some sort of regulations on videoing while driving :S

That alone strikes me as good reason to give her a ticket, too

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

muff528

TV interview a few minutes ago. She said she was turning left in 2 or 3 miles (not .5 miles). She also said she has previously, on several occasions, videoed drivers which she has deemed to be aggressive. The p.u. truck driver was an asshole (the bad kind). But, to me, it seems that she likes to play a dangerous game with no comprehension of just how dangerous it can be. I got the impression that she enjoys inducing road-rage in a twisted, self-righteous kind of way. Obviously, if you do that enough times you will eventually run across a real nut, like the PU truck driver and you will get some TV fame, one way or the other. She was almost giddy in the interview. I've run across these types a few times. Best to leave them in front of you rather than behind. Just my opinion.

Where did you see the interview?

wayneflorida

***TV interview a few minutes ago. She said she was turning left in 2 or 3 miles (not .5 miles). She also said she has previously, on several occasions, videoed drivers which she has deemed to be aggressive. The p.u. truck driver was an asshole (the bad kind). But, to me, it seems that she likes to play a dangerous game with no comprehension of just how dangerous it can be. I got the impression that she enjoys inducing road-rage in a twisted, self-righteous kind of way. Obviously, if you do that enough times you will eventually run across a real nut, like the PU truck driver and you will get some TV fame, one way or the other. She was almost giddy in the interview. I've run across these types a few times. Best to leave them in front of you rather than behind. Just my opinion.

Look up in this thread. It's on there somewhere I think.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

wayneflorida

WTVT in Tampa. I found a link to the interview at their site but it has since been heavily edited from the version I heard aired.

ETA:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25097511/2014/03/28/the-full-story-behind-that-instant-karma-viral-video

http://fox13now.com/2014/03/28/video-driver-who-filmed-redneck-road-rage-talks-about-the-crash/

Neither is the "full" interview I saw.

E again TA:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2591528/Road-rage-revenge-Woman-films-pickup-truck-driver-tailgates-cuts-loses-control-crashes.html

from this link:

"'This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes,' she wrote. 'After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording.'"

and

"She added beneath the video: 'I've recorded circumstances like this before, catching idiots doing stupid things, but never ever had this happen.'"

This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes

Then she had plenty of time to pull over.

The guy in the truck was a total tool, no doubt. But I view this woman, who *appears* to be an instigator, in the same light. Dangerous, and a tool.

She unnecessarily escalated a situation.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team