wetrock

african made plane

Erroll

***http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVqQKF7xgTQ
africa manufactures a plane? i am guessing aluminum is not easy to get in africa and the builder has no access to the internet.

Too much time spent under a wet rock can cause such ignorance. Living in Alaska can do that too.

quite.. the rest of the world is SO primitive compared to *....... (*insert .. oh yeah America:S)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Erroll

Too much time spent under a wet rock can cause such ignorance. Living in Alaska can do that too.

Someone probably said that about the Wright brothers too.

I admire his spunk.

Would you call that second set of wings "slats", or do they make it a biplane?

Boogers

***Too much time spent under a wet rock can cause such ignorance. Living in Alaska can do that too.

I think that you may have missed Errol's point:P (or I did)

(.)Y(.)

shropshire

******Too much time spent under a wet rock can cause such ignorance. Living in Alaska can do that too.

I think that you may have missed Errol's point:P (or I did)

Nope, you got it. :)
(Did you 'get' the Alaska reference though?)

wetrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVqQKF7xgTQ
africa manufactures a plane? i am guessing aluminum is not easy to get in africa and the builder has no access to the internet.

Good link, crap comments.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

i didn't meant to make an ignorant comment as i did. i am shure africa is fully capable of manufacturing a plane and for all i know africa may be doing this. however this plane was more of a thing than a plane. I was impressed what the builder set out to build plane from scratch and i am guessing his own design without plans easily found on the internet. Price and availability are usually the main factors in choosing building materials i am not sure how those factors leveled out in the decision to build this pane with steel.

The builders name is Gabriel Nderitu if anyone is interest enough to search his name he is now building 2 planes that can seat 2 people and he can control them remotely

Good thing i am not running for office. i almost got the reference but i did not know what country Gabriel Nderitu Muturi was from so africa worked just fine for me. i now know he is from Kenya and he aspires to be the cessna of Kenya or more boldly africa.

Erroll

(Did you 'get' the Alaska reference though?)

Sorry missed that one :)

Sarah Palin also referred to Africa as if it were one country....

[doh] - thanks .. pah Americans 'er?

Whoops America is a continent too :P

(.)Y(.)

The builders name is Gabriel Nderitu if anyone is interest enough to search his name he is now building 2 planes that can seat 2 people and he can control them remotely

LOL... Sod that for a game of soldiers! As the passengers nervously wave at the pilot as they pass him standing on the side of the runway as they hurtle down it waving to him!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca