RonD1120

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

ianmdrennan

Why do you find that quote objectionable?

Because a "15-16" year old doesn't know their ass from the elbow, and is in NO position to be married and/or raise a child. Hell, they ARE still a child.

It's pretty simple.

Maybe now with the "Not Me" society where there is no accountability, or responsibility expected . . . but back in the turn of the LAST century, it was different.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

AndyBoyd

***You may wish to watch the live interview before you follow anyone into any hole. CNN's driving this one. You want to follow them?

OK, I just watched the entire live speech where he said that. Nothing was taken out of context in the article. He said what he said, which was that it is a good idea to marry 15 or 16 year old girls, because when girls got to be 20 they would be too old to marry. The audience responded with nervous and tentative laughter, which clearly indicated they were uncomfortable with those comments. Anyone with half a brain in his head would be uncomfortable with those comments as well. Can't blame this one on the big bad media.

----------------------------------------------
What's sad is you needed validation so bad you watched the whole interview so you can jump on the bandwagon of hating phil robertson for anything he says because you don't agree with his viewpoints. Feel free to get a life at any time. Nobody cares.

turtlespeed

Maybe now with the "Not Me" society where there is no accountability, or responsibility expected . . . but back in the turn of the LAST century, it was different.

human physiology wasn't different a century ago, though nutrition was less adequate. Brain development does not complete until into the 20s.

regulator

******You may wish to watch the live interview before you follow anyone into any hole. CNN's driving this one. You want to follow them?

OK, I just watched the entire live speech where he said that.

What sad is you needed validation so bad you watched the whole interview so you can jump on the bandwagon of hating phil robertson for anything he says because you don't agree with his viewpoints. Feel free to get a life at any time. Nobody cares.

Andy - apparently you can't win. First, you're wrong because you must have taken the remark out of context, due to those commies at CNN. But having taken rush's suggestion to watch it completely, you're now without a life.

Though I suppose that's a tacit acceptance of the point being raised.

ianmdrennan

Because a "15-16" year old doesn't know their ass from the elbow, and is in NO position to be married and/or raise a child. Hell, they ARE still a child.

It's pretty simple.

I refer you back to my post #377. You are not taking the concept of cultural relativity into consideration. Which is what I was trying to put out to AndyBoyd.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

It's pretty simple.

I refer you back to my post #377. You are not taking the concept of cultural relativity into consideration. Which is what I was trying to put out to AndyBoyd.

You must probably think Warren Jeffs is a great guy and was wrongfully accused. After all, who in their right mind would want one of those thieving 20 year old women. Get them while they're young! Easier to brain wash! My wife is two years older than me. What in your Gods name was I thinking?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

RonD1120

You are not taking the concept of cultural relativity into consideration.

I suppose similar justification could also help folks with convenient senses of decency sleep better at night when encountering issues like enslaved labourers in the Middle East, the juvenile sex-trade in Bangkok, child soldiers in Africa, boy-toys in Afghanistan, honour-killings in SE Asia.

Or would those cultures be exempt from your generous consideration because they worship different Deities?

aphid

***They would be exempt from my consideration because I have no anthropological need to interact with them.

What need do the duck folks fulfill for you?

Humor, they make me laugh.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Come on get real, you are more intelligent than that post would indicate.

Probably so. I'll have to check on that.;)

Back to being serious.
Teen brides tend to have a higher rate of divorce. They tend to be less educated. They tend to be destined to a life of poverty. They tend to suffer more abuse. They are ill equip for the harsh reality of raising children. They tend to not have the skills to find gainful employment and more likely to be on welfare. They are still children and should focus on a higher education that will equip them for the future. Any parent that would allow their 15 year old daughter to marry should have their head examined and then re-examined.

I was going to marry my high school sweetheart. My parents were not at all happy about that. Her parents felt the same as mine. We were mad and thought we would hold off for awhile. She went to college and I joined the Navy. We stayed in touch for awhile and never saw each other again. Chances are, we would had divorced within 10 years. In hindsight, I am glad we didn't marry. It would had rated up there with the bad decisions I had made in my life. I have gotten engaged several times since her. Each time I ended it before the alter. It just never felt right. When I met Bev, it did feel right. I am glad that I waited and not become a divorce statistic. Teenagers should put the hormones in check and think of the future consequences of their present actions. No one wants to be a bad statistic. Think before you act.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

freethefly

***Come on get real, you are more intelligent than that post would indicate.

Probably so. I'll have to check on that.;)

Back to being serious.
Teen brides tend to have a higher rate of divorce. They tend to be less educated. They tend to be destined to a life of poverty. They tend to suffer more abuse. They are ill equip for the harsh reality of raising children. They tend to not have the skills to find gainful employment and more likely to be on welfare. They are still children and should focus on a higher education that will equip them for the future. Any parent that would allow their 15 year old daughter to marry should have their head examined and then re-examined.

I was going to marry my high school sweetheart. My parents were not at all happy about that. Her parents felt the same as mine. We were mad and thought we would hold off for awhile. She went to college and I joined the Navy. We stayed in touch for awhile and never saw each other again. Chances are, we would had divorced within 10 years. In hindsight, I am glad we didn't marry. It would had rated up there with the bad decisions I had made in my life. I have gotten engaged several times since her. Each time I ended it before the alter. It just never felt right. When I met Bev, it did feel right. I am glad that I waited and not become a divorce statistic. Teenagers should put the hormones in check and think of the future consequences of their present actions. No one wants to be a bad statistic. Think before you act.

No argument from me on that post. According to the Wikipedia sources referenced earlier it is legal in a large number of states.

My second wife was married to her first husband at 15 but divorced one year later. Her grandmother, mother and aunt were 15 or 16 when married.

My present wife was 17 when she married her first husband. They raised four children then he passed and she married me. Her son's mother-in-law was married at 15 and also raised four children.

My second wife was a California city girl and my present wife was born and raised in Tampa, FL. All the other women were country/mountain gals.

Lol and you are afraid that gays will hurt the sanctity of marriage :D:D:D

At least this thread has shows some of your true colours. Using cultural and religeous excuses to support ephebophelia still does not make it right.

SkyDekker

My second wife was married to her first husband at 15 but divorced one year later. Her grandmother, mother and aunt were 15 or 16 when married.

My present wife was 17 when she married her first husband. They raised four children then he passed and she married me. Her son's mother-in-law was married at 15 and also raised four children.

My second wife was a California city girl and my present wife was born and raised in Tampa, FL. All the other women were country/mountain gals.

Lol and you are afraid that gays will hurt the sanctity of marriage :D:D:D

At least this thread has shows some of your true colours. Using cultural and religeous excuses to support ephebophelia still does not make it right.

Wow, a new word. Would you like to start a thread with a poll on males in SC that have ephebophelia?

Do not discount the legality factor.

SkyDekker

Would you like to start a thread with a poll on males in SC that have ephebophelia?

How about I ask those with teenage daughters what they would do to some one who uses religion to justify wanting to consumate a marriage with their daughters?

Now you are beginning to show some wisdom. The parents should be involved in the marriage of their daughter regardless of her age. The husband to be needs to be evaluated by competent loving authority.

RonD1120

Would you like to start a thread with a poll on males in SC that have ephebophelia?

How about I ask those with teenage daughters what they would do to some one who uses religion to justify wanting to consumate a marriage with their daughters?

Now you are beginning to show some wisdom. The parents should be involved in the marriage of their daughter regardless of her age. The husband to be needs to be evaluated by competent loving authority.

You are an opprobrious and reprehensible man.

SkyDekker

***At what point did this thread turn and wind up way the fuck over here in ephebophelia land? :S

When ron told us jesus says it is fine to fuck them.

This creates an interesting question ( a bit off the Robertson and Christianity bashing)

Some here seen terribly upset that Phil would say this
Then you say he said it is ok to fuck them (for the sake of the point I will let that one go)

But many here who are bashing Phil for his humor support the gov providing birth control for teenage girls as well as providing them with abortion services
Teens will be teens after all

Anyway
Many of you seem to be in conflict with yourselves
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***At what point did this thread turn and wind up way the fuck over here in ephebophelia land? :S

When ron told us jesus says it is fine to fuck them.

Now you are stating a lie. I never said that and you know it. Your credibility just went to zero.

Read my post #365.

But many here who are bashing Phil for his humor support the gov providing birth control for teenage girls as well as providing them with abortion services
Teens will be teens after all

If you think marrying off 15 year old girls and access to abortion and birth control is an apples to apples comparison, we won't get even close to a common ground for a meaningful discussion.