funjumper101

Republican alternatives to the ACA aka Obamacare

I believe you mistake "tough love" for "empathy."

It's nice that you volunteer. Here's the thing: I don't brag about what I do. You, like so many others, point to all the stuff you do to show people how much you care. Probably because people's perception of how much you care is more important to you than actually caring.

Really - why do you go on and on about how much you care and others don't? My thought is that it is because you place a very high value on other people knowing how much you care. Which is selfishness.

The selfless person doesn't brag. The selfless person keeps real does it for others.

[Reply]Why should skydiving related injuries be covered by any group medical insurance policy? Motorcycle crash injuries? Skiing/snowboarding injuries?

Because they've kicked in for the care. What they shouldn't do is expect others to kick in for that which they have not. I don't place a higher value on a person than that person does. If a person values a skydiving more than security of insurance, then I'm not going to stand in the way of that. But if the person femurs in, well, that person made a choice.

Who do I help out? The woman who got injured skydiving. She had insurance but the copays and stuff got to be too much because she couldn't work. She tried to take care of stuff and just didn't have quite enough.

A motorcyclist who gets insurance and gets $100k medpay. A disability policy. There's someone who ponied up for the excess risk. Yes, I do view that person as more worthy of assistance than the one who doesn't have insurance.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

[Reply]Outside of suturing up a finger, how does your clinic handle labs, imaging, chemo and all those little things that keep so many of us alive. What about trauma? Do you all kick in for a compatriot who has had an MI for a full work up at the local trauma center ?

Here's a question: how much should be kicked in for a person who doesn't kick in for himself? I use the example of the skydiver. A rather expensive hobby. Should we kick in for anyone? Everyone?

Because that's where we go from helping to enabling.

And that's what I thought the ADA was going to help address, mandating that people be responsible for themselves. I thought that was a conservative idea.

Taxes and insurance premiums are not "taking people's stuff".

Taxes are the cost for living in a civilized society.

Ummm...actually...taxes are definitely 'taking people's stuff'. You can try to justify it. But it is still 'taking people's stuff' by any logical definition.

Your definition of taxes includes your definition of civilized society. My definition of a civilized society costs less. So, all of the taxes I have to pay that are above those necessary for my definition of a civilized society are 'taking my stuff'.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

jclalor

***[Reply]Outside of suturing up a finger, how does your clinic handle labs, imaging, chemo and all those little things that keep so many of us alive. What about trauma? Do you all kick in for a compatriot who has had an MI for a full work up at the local trauma center ?

Here's a question: how much should be kicked in for a person who doesn't kick in for himself? I use the example of the skydiver. A rather expensive hobby. Should we kick in for anyone? Everyone?

And that's what I thought the ADA was going to help address, mandating that people be responsible for themselves. I thought that was a conservative idea.

The ACA in not even related to HC
It is about control and money transfer

One group paying for another in other words
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

***[Reply]Outside of suturing up a finger, how does your clinic handle labs, imaging, chemo and all those little things that keep so many of us alive. What about trauma? Do you all kick in for a compatriot who has had an MI for a full work up at the local trauma center ?

That was never what it was about. If that was the case, we would pay as we go with some insurance for catestrophic events. Or, we would pay for what we need like car insurance does. Nobody would get a free ride. When people get a free ride, someone else is paying for more than themselves.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

funjumper101

***Explain how a government forcing the youth of america to foot the bill for those with pre existing conditions is a workable solution. Explain to me why a healthy 23 year old would want to take away part of their possibly meager income for something they probably wont need. Obamacare is a joke in itself.

Explain how a government forcing drivers with a perfect driving record to foot the bill for those that aren't is a workable solution. That is how auto insurance works. That is how the FUBAR system of medical insurance we have works.

Perhaps you could do some research on what insurance is, and how it works.

Conflating auto insurance with medical insurance is definitely not quite appropriate.
No one HAS to drive to live a long and healthy life.
Everyone HAS to have medical care of some sort, throughout their entire life.

To easy:D . . . So is your Auto Insurance required to cover the costs of a new car, whether or not you want a new car or not? Does it provide costs for maintenance? What if you have a flat tire? Does it help you with affording the cost of the mechanic visit?

Or would that be Car Care, as opposed to insurance?

Insurance is for "Just in case".

Look at the black jack table - Dealer flips an ace, they ask if you want insurance - you pay . . . just in case . . . they flip a 10 or better over. The insurance you buy there doesn't hedge against any other losses, and doesn't require you to pay a portion of your winnings. Its there JUST IN CASE.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rehmwa

***[Quote]Today my church will serve a holiday dinner to 128 registered guests. Last week we provided food for 250 families. That food is purchased from funds donated by our RWC congregation.

NO NO NO!!!! That's not the way it's supposed to be done. Funjumper doesn't want greedy people like your RWC congregation decided to help people. You must be FORCED to help in the way funjumper wants you to.

You're being your brother's helper. That's not nearly the same as "brother's keeper."

It's incredibly selfish - the government should decide where that food should have been given. Not the people themselves. They must hate children and puppies. Those 250 families should get in line with all the other starving families and not be given favored status by a church just because they look like the church members. Clearly that church must only serve white meat and white milk - if you know what I mean.

Private charity is selfish - those donations should go straight to the US Treasury for 'perfect' disbursement.

for the children

(I'm practicing the 'talk', how'd I do?)

Pretty good - you just forgot to include "redistribution" and "I hate the Rich, they didn't work for their money, it should be given to everyone else!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

jclalor

Then you believed the lies.

It's ok a LOT of you did that.

Good news: It isn't too late.

jclalor

Assuming you mean ACA, it was. It came from the Heritage Foundation, which was all in favor until Obama embraced it, then Heritage and the conservatives had an about face.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.