rickjump1

Obama's "Abwehr" Has Gotten The Attention of Hollywood.

It doesn't matter who started this mess. He's still doing it and he singles out people who oppose his views/policies right here at home or abroad.

Is this something that comes from the President? Did Bush specifically tell the NSA to tap Merkel's phone? Did Obama tell them to do it?

Funny how you seem to forget Watergate. Nixon, a Republican was removed from office for far less sinister spying activities.

Less sinister? Nixon used a private organisation to break the law in numerous ways in order to spy on his political opponents and commit electoral fraud. That's something you're not supposed to do.

The NSA is spying on foreign leaders. That is what they do.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's simple Bush shouldn't have done it, Obama shouldn't have done it.

But if you love Obama and what he stands for your going to give him a pass, where you would have wanted to destroy Bush.

They all suck, just differently
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Andy9o8

Jump more, hate less, Rick. Look at all the energy you're burning.

Look at all the willful ignorance you are showing, Andy?

Where's the outrage?

Where is the "Impeachment" mentality?

OH . . . I guess you have to be a Republican to have the media get you impeached for spying on people.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

mirage62

It's simple Bush shouldn't have done it, Obama shouldn't have done it.

But if you love Obama and what he stands for your going to give him a pass, where you would have wanted to destroy Bush.

They all suck, just differently

I don't see anyone giving Obama a pass.

I did see one person attempting to place the blame squarely on Obama (Abwehr comment) without any reference whatever to Bush.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In your world it would have been ok if the German float depicted a republican couple, and in your world a spying rascal like Richard Nixon should be kicked out of office, but your favorite president can do no wrong.

It's over your head what Barack Hussin Obama has done

Okay, I'll bite.

What is the motivation to not be consistent? It should be either Richard Milhous Nixon or Barack Obama.

There must be some reason you choose to add Obama's middle name. So, what is that reason?

jakee

It doesn't matter who started this mess. He's still doing it and he singles out people who oppose his views/policies right here at home or abroad.

Is this something that comes from the President? Did Bush specifically tell the NSA to tap Merkel's phone? Did Obama tell them to do it?

Funny how you seem to forget Watergate. Nixon, a Republican was removed from office for far less sinister spying activities.

Less sinister? Nixon used a private organisation to break the law in numerous ways in order to spy on his political opponents and commit electoral fraud. That's something you're not supposed to do.

The NSA is spying on foreign leaders. That is what they do.

Bush is gone/long gone, but Obama is here now.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/27/obama-knew-nsa-spying-on-merkel-and-approved-it-report-says-944692234/ The Economic Times writes the “high-ranking” NSA official spoke to Bild am Sonntag on the condition of anonymity, saying the president, “not only did not stop the operation, but he also ordered it to continue.”

Regarding Nixon: Obama is using not only NSA to spy on his political opponents here in the United States, he is using the IRS to go through their tax records as well.

When a "high ranking" NSA official speaks about what the President is ordering them to do, don't you think that's a little suspicious? More will come forward.

It's amazing what people will do when their government tells them not to speak the truth or to cover up things. John Kerry is going to have his hands full too.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

SkyDekker

In your world it would have been ok if the German float depicted a republican couple, and in your world a spying rascal like Richard Nixon should be kicked out of office, but your favorite president can do no wrong.

Okay, I'll bite.

What is the motivation to not be consistent? It should be either Richard Milhous Nixon or Barack Obama.

There must be some reason you choose to add Obama's middle name. So, what is that reason?

Why not use his middle name, and why do liberals get uncomfortable when they see or hear it? He's the President of the United States; just like Franklin Delano Roosevelt or George Walker Bush. I use his middle name for emphasis (I guess this means I won't get away with just Obama anymore?).

rickjump1

Okay, I'll bite.

Why not use his middle name, and why do liberals get uncomfortable when they see or hear it? He's the President of the United States; just like Franklin Delano Roosevelt or George Walker Bush. I use his middle name for emphasis (I guess this means I won't get away with just Obama anymore?).

Emphasizing what?

Why not use his middle name? Well that was my question, why not use Nixon's middle name, but use Obama's middle name.

You seen to tap dance around the question, which leads to people coming to their own conclusions about why you may choose to do so.

SkyDekker

Okay, I'll bite.

Emphasizing what?

Why not use his middle name? Well that was my question, why not use Nixon's middle name, but use Obama's middle name.

You seen to tap dance around the question, which leads to people coming to their own conclusions about why you may choose to do so.

When I was a kid my mom would only use my full name when I was in deep shit.

Maybe Obama is in deep shit with rick.

Talk radio was on in the car when I got in today, and RUSH was on...omg. Cardinals baseball is broadcast on the same network (disclaimer), I managed about 10 minutes of that hate filled rage before I had to turn it off.

If you sit around and listen to that vitriol all day long it really does not surprise me that you end up with the views espoused on these boards by the right-wing posters.

I don't see anyone giving Obama a pass.

I did see one person attempting to place the blame squarely on Obama (Abwehr comment) without any reference whatever to Bush.

John, I'll respond directly to you. Through the Bush years your post were very, very negative about the mistakes he made IYO and I respect your right to be that way.

But if you believe for a moment that you are responding at the same level of negativity that you would have HAD Bush been caught doing this your bullshitting yourself and basically yourself alone.

The sad thing is that people our country has become so partisan.

Here on dz.com we have the established right and left posters. I was just as guilty in the past, but truly if "we the people" don't get our head out of our asses we are in deep trouble.

They all suck - Obama SUCKS and Bush SUCKED. We are being lead down a path of ruin because we are listening to bs and believing that "our man" is right and the other is 100% wrong.

What crap, and what a bunch of dump asses we are for letting them fool us.

Rant over.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

He's the President of the United States; just like Franklin Delano Roosevelt or George Walker Bush. I use his middle name for emphasis

For emphasis of what?

No one called GWB "Walker". The W was used to differentiate him from dad, or often as "Dubya" to (positively and negatively) reflect his folksy style.

Obama doesn't need to be distinguished from dad (everyone knows which one you're talking about) so the use of his middle name, like with Bush's initial, is intended to reflect something about him.

jakee

He's the President of the United States; just like Franklin Delano Roosevelt or George Walker Bush. I use his middle name for emphasis

For emphasis of what?

No one called GWB "Walker". The W was used to differentiate him from dad, or often as "Dubya" to (positively and negatively) reflect his folksy style.

Obama doesn't need to be distinguished from dad (everyone knows which one you're talking about) so the use of his middle name, like with Bush's initial, is intended to reflect something about him.

Its his name - he should own it. You shouldn't have to defend him should you?
It's just a name - what is it that you think is so wrong with it?

Bill Jefferson Clinton was used a LOT during his presidency, was Jefferson used in a malicious way?

Maybe it is just the defenders that are making name associations.

Wait, isn't that profiling?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I'm sure he does own it, I'm not defending him and there's nothing wrong with it. But if you think that Rick, a known birther, and others of his type feel the same then I've got a bridge to sell you.

In fact a few weeks ago Ron, while arguing that Obama isn't a citizen felt moved to 'emphasise' his full name so much he put it in bold and italics. But I'm sure you can't see how any negative connotation could have been intended.

jakee

I'm sure he does own it, I'm not defending him and there's nothing wrong with it. But if you think that Rick, a known birther, and others of his type feel the same then I've got a bridge to sell you.

In fact a few weeks ago Ron, while arguing that Obama isn't a citizen felt moved to 'emphasise' his full name so much he put it in bold and italics. But I'm sure you can't see how any negative connotation could have been intended.

The more meaning you give it, the more meaning you give it.

Ignore it and don't respond to it and it will go away.

mirage62

Where did the word "nigger" come in to all this? Did I miss something?

Better yet why is it being brought up over and over?

It's ok..... He can't help it. Must have been something he picked up while teaching Constitutional Law whenever a student disagreed with him or used the middle name of his favorite president.

rickjump1

***Where did the word "nigger" come in to all this? Did I miss something?

Better yet why is it being brought up over and over?

It's ok..... He can't help it. Must have been something he picked up while teaching Constitutional Law whenever a student disagreed with him or used the middle name of his favorite president.

You get an "N" on your essay, Rick.

Andy9o8

I hate to break it to you, Rick, but the 2008 election proved that "Hussein" is not synonymous with "Moozlim terrorist nigger". Still isn't. Nobody believes you; and you need a new playbook.

Jump more, hate less, Rick.

I don't think he's as you referred: a "Moozlim terrorist nigger", but I like your response. You sound like the real thing.

jakee

If I can make our British cousins wet their pants by simply uttering the full name of the President, I shall continue to do so.:P