ryoder

A Good Guy With A Gun

Of course since the shooter got shot before he was able to shoot anyone else, this incident can be conveniently excluded by those who would claim "an armed citizen has never stopped a mass shooting".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And another kid shoots a teacher.... for the second time this week.

In other news, "Criminal steals car". I guess that means we should ban cars to prevent it from happening again.

How do we want to measure this? 1:1?

1. Already been done. A recent report just stated that studies have shown that AT LEAST as many have been saved as have been killed.

2. I tend to measure using if the "solution" takes rights away from people who did nothing wrong.

ryoder

Of course since the shooter got shot before he was able to shoot anyone else, this incident can be conveniently excluded by those who would claim "an armed citizen has never stopped a mass shooting".

Well the story plays out a lot more like 2 drunken idiots at a party get in a shootout.

That isn't super unusual....

They threw the dude outta the party, he comes back all angry with a gun.

Starts a scene outside, starts shooting the gun off and pointing it at people....gets shot.

(Never shot anyone, just acted like a drunken asshole....and had access to a gun)

a BIT different than some people watching the Batman movie when a dude walks in with a bunch of guns and starts blasting everyone.

or a kid walks into a kindergarten class and starts blasting everyone....

just a BIT different.

Bignugget

***Of course since the shooter got shot before he was able to shoot anyone else, this incident can be conveniently excluded by those who would claim "an armed citizen has never stopped a mass shooting".

a BIT different than some people watching the Batman movie when a dude walks in with a bunch of guns and starts blasting everyone.

or a kid walks into a kindergarten class and starts blasting everyone....

just a BIT different.

Yes, because all those places you mentioned are "Gun free" zones.

DaVinci

In other news, "Criminal steals car". I guess that means we should ban cars to prevent it from happening again.

***How do we want to measure this? 1:1?

1. Already been done. A recent report just stated that studies have shown that AT LEAST as many have been saved as have been killed.

2. I tend to measure using if the "solution" takes rights away from people who did nothing wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out what incident people are referring to when they talk about a second kid shooting a teacher this week.

I'm still trying to figure out what incident people are referring to when they talk about a second kid shooting a teacher this week.

This one, I think.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

DaVinci

***How do we want to measure this? 1:1?

Really??

Kid shoots teacher = Criminal steals car

wmw999

This one, I think.

Wendy P.

That's what I thought people were referring to, but USA Today is saying it was a stabbing. Most of the articles I've seen don't say one way or the other (but the tribune link conspicuously refers to it as a shooting in the url of the story.)

*shrugs* oh well, no one cares anymore.

champu

This one, I think.

Wendy P.

That's what I thought people were referring to, but USA Today is saying it was a stabbing. Most of the articles I've seen don't say one way or the other (but the tribune link conspicuously refers to it as a shooting in the url of the story.)

*shrugs* oh well, no one cares anymore.

You shouldn't let a good gun crisis go to waste, whether it was actually a gun or not.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

champu

***And another kid shoots a teacher.... for the second time this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Your turn.

How do we want to measure this? 1:1?

What story are you referring to?

Apologies - screwed the link up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24644203

The initial link did say it was a shooting, but it looks like that's been removed.

Either way, I've always said you couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher - mainly because I don't have the patience for it, but now it seems to be becoming one of the more dangerous professions!

Kid shoots teacher - Crime

Criminal steals car - Crime

Some want to blame the gun, but not the car.

I see you skipped the measurement part. You know the one where the study showed that AT LEAST as many lives are saved than taken by criminals....

DaVinci

Kid shoots teacher - Crime

Criminal steals car - Crime

Some want to blame the gun, but not the car.

I see you skipped the measurement part. You know the one where the study showed that AT LEAST as many lives are saved than taken by criminals....

Don't muddle this up with facts - it makes their heads hurt.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun