PiLFy

Now take away the lifetime salaries they stole...

That was awesome. National Review mentions that the people behind the recall effort were all arfcom members. I doubt it will get the law changed, but it will send a message.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Nick Stephens, 21, a student at Colorado College here, though on the other side of the issue, shared the resentment of outsider involvement. The National Rifle Association spent nearly $362,000 to oust the two Democrats, and Mr. Stephens said he felt a “duty” to oppose that effort.

But apparently he was fine with $300k coming from the NYC mayor. Kids....what can you do?

Democrats need to heed the lessons of 2000 when they try to rush in irrelevant legislation on the heels of tragedy.

You beat me to it. It's almost never resentment of "outsiders." It's usually distaste for the other side, but couched in "outsider" terms. Hence he had no problem with Bloomberg. Because even though Bloomberg may be an "outsider" he's on his side.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Sorry, but I disagree. It wasn't just AR15.com folks. Lots of firearms Owners have no interest in owning a black gun. They are, however, greatly interested in anyone infringing their rights. I'm glad they got their teeth kicked in. They deserved it. The laws they pushed through, against the Constituents' wishes, will be addressed.

kelpdiver

Nick Stephens, 21, a student at Colorado College here, though on the other side of the issue, shared the resentment of outsider involvement. The National Rifle Association spent nearly $362,000 to oust the two Democrats, and Mr. Stephens said he felt a “duty” to oppose that effort.

But apparently he was fine with $300k coming from the NYC mayor. Kids....what can you do?

Democrats need to heed the lessons of 2000 when they try to rush in irrelevant legislation on the heels of tragedy.

This story just glosses over the money issue

The anti recall people out spent those wanting the recal by over 6 to 1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

PiLFy

Sorry, but I disagree. It wasn't just AR15.com folks. Lots of firearms Owners have no interest in owning a black gun. They are, however, greatly interested in anyone infringing their rights. I'm glad they got their teeth kicked in. They deserved it. The laws they pushed through, against the Constituents' wishes, will be addressed.

I wasn't trying to say that only arfcom folks folks did it. It took a lot of people to pull that off.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Oh, OK. As others have alluded to, already. The main point is that big, dirty money heavily funded the anti-recall efforts. They figured they could buy their legislation, like always. Even @6:1 spending, POSs like Bloomberg had their teeth kicked in on this one. They're now trying to downplay the significance of the recall. They're loudly proclaiming that the restrictive laws are still on the books. For Now... Just like other Supporters of those unjust laws are still in office. For Now... The 2014 Elections are going to be fun. Dead Men_walking B|.

ryoder

From Riddler's FB page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK9fDVBq9I

[facepalm]

OH DEAR MY!

W

T

F

?

Voter Suppression is what it was all about?

:D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r:

She even said it with a strait face as if she was experiencing outrage.:D

Is she REALLY that misguided?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***From Riddler's FB page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK9fDVBq9I

[facepalm]

OH DEAR MY!

W

T

F

?

Well, apparently anti-gun people can only vote by mail, but pro-gun people have no trouble making it to the polls.
See, it all makes sense now.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

turtlespeed

***From Riddler's FB page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK9fDVBq9I

[facepalm]

OH DEAR MY!

W

T

F

?

Pretty much.

A lot of the anti-gun crowd actually believes that guns are the problem, and that if they can get rid of the guns, then the crime and violence will go away too.

And they really believe that the majority of the public agrees with them too. They really jumped on the "90% support background checks" poll result last spring. They conveniently ignore the poll results after the bill failed in the Senate that showed a minority was disappointed that the bill failed, and a similar minority was pleased (Kennedy posted those poll numbers).

So she can't understand how she was voted out.
It couldn't possibly have been because a majority of the people who cared enough to vote were opposed to gun control.

So she has to find another reason. A more sinister reason.

As a sidenote on the gun control issues last spring: A Congresscritter was quoted saying something to the effect of (I don't have the actual quote at hand) Polls show 90% of the people are in favor of this, but I'm only hearing from the other 10%.
Anti-gunners like to complain about the influence of the "gun lobby," but where the actual power comes from is the willingness of the pro-gun crowd (you know, the actual people) to do stuff. Like write letters, attend rallies, and go out an cast a vote.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo